Thread: Have you heard of Kurdistan

Last Online
    01-22-2023 @ 10:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,249
    Given: 524

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyp View Post
    He was sovereign not governor
    Ok my bad i thought it meant he was Afshar
    Muzh ba staso la tyaro tsakha ra wubaasu

[IMG][/IMG]

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,134
    Given: 9,065

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    I’ve seen plenty of female and male Turks including mongoloid looking ones look Exactly like kurds and visa versa
    I'm Kurd.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,913
    Given: 7,434

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Maul View Post
    West Azerbaijan’s probably has something like double the amount of Azeris compared to Kurds. However if a map shows that it’s Kurdish it isn’t completely inaccurate because most of the land is inhabited by small Kurdish villages and nomads compared to Azeris who live on the far eastern part in relatively large towns. So in terms of geography I would say it is something like 70% Kurdish.But it should be based off of population anyway so it’s probably wrong to call it Kurdish
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyp View Post
    Yes I know, that wasn't my point. The map claims Azerbaijani majority areas as Kurdistan.

I know but the relevant areas (Urmia) have always been under controll by Turks (Azerbaijanis) since probably times of Timur Lang (at least 90percent of the time. Urmia was historically an Afshar controlled city since Safavid times.
    And today most political parties are Azerbaijani same as the majority of the population which was my point. That's why Kurds had hard times trying to break off some Kurdish majority region from West Azerbaijan and failed in doing so.

Future of West Azerbaijan is interesting too it could be kind of a Blaupause for what is happening in Turkey: Kurds outbreeding the majority population.
    Do you think they should divide the province?

Maybe they could merge the Kurdish parts of West Azerbaijan with the Kordestan province. Or just split it between Kordestan and East Azerbaijan (though EA would probably need to get renamed then so it's name makes sense).

The current division mixed them for no reason. And it could potentially have problems in the future with both groups having claims on the entire province and could to some administrative issues in regards to which language should given priority. I think it would just be simpler if the province was split.

Last Online
    01-18-2024 @ 05:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Karda | Kurtî | Kardox | Corduene | Kartawaye
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,517
    Given: 913

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Maul View Post
    Hmm I'd disagree, on the governing level it has usually been controlled by Kurdish chiefs or other principalities like Donbolis and Hadhabanis.
    The principalities are well known. Hadhabanis pretty much controlled all of Azerbaijan (Republic and Iranian) and extended all the way to Erbil.

I've found a document illustrating Kurdish inhabitance even in what is now East Azerbaijan province, and it showed how those Kurds were subject to a massacre by the arriving Seljuks.

1029 AD.... Some of the Gâz, after being expelled Khorasan, shaped their way into the province of Aderbijan, where they took the city of Marâga, burnt the temple, and made a great slaughter of the people ; among whom were many Kurds.

The demographics of the region has changed a lot over time. The arriving Turks pushed the Kurds further westwards, particularly into traditionally Armenian lands.

Last Online
    08-26-2022 @ 04:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isu god
    Ethnicity
    The 13th tribe
    Ancestry
    Birthplace of mankind (Hyperborean J2 factory - Atlantis)
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Y-DNA
    Sumer-Hyperborea-Altai (J2)
    mtDNA
    non-j2 farmer women
    Taxonomy
    Ascended
    Politics
    J2 world slavery
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,106
    Given: 3,279

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post

Maybe they could merge the Kurdish parts of West Azerbaijan with the Kordestan province. Or just split it between Kordestan and East Azerbaijan (though EA would probably need to get renamed then so it's name makes sense).

The current division mixed them for no reason. And it could potentially have problems in the future with both groups having claims on the entire province and could to some administrative issues in regards to which language should given priority. I think it would just be simpler if the province was split.
    No.

Provinces in Iran are based off of geographical, historical and economic reasons not race or language.
    And neither of them would be able to have claims on the province, they don't own there they just live there.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    I'm Kurd.
    So you decided to come out. Would have never guessed from your profile lol

Last Online
    01-18-2024 @ 05:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Karda | Kurtî | Kardox | Corduene | Kartawaye
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,517
    Given: 913

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post

Some Kurdish politicians in Iran proposed creating a 'north Kurdistan' province, but this will never happen tbh.

Last Online
    08-26-2022 @ 04:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isu god
    Ethnicity
    The 13th tribe
    Ancestry
    Birthplace of mankind (Hyperborean J2 factory - Atlantis)
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Y-DNA
    Sumer-Hyperborea-Altai (J2)
    mtDNA
    non-j2 farmer women
    Taxonomy
    Ascended
    Politics
    J2 world slavery
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,106
    Given: 3,279

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Halgurd View Post
    The demographics of the region has changed a lot over time. The arriving Turks pushed the Kurds further westwards, particularly into traditionally Armenian lands.
    And make sure to include that nobody is innocent in the demographic changes.
    These are simply the effects of 1000 years of bedouin religion combined with late arrival of the enlightenment, and no one group can be held responsible.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    A south Indian enjoying kurdistan . Also I don’t understand why some Indians think kurds were Buddhists before converting to islam. Are they confusing buddhism with zoroasterianism

I just did a google search and came up with this. So maybe there’s a little truth to it ?

Buddhism in Iran

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_in_Iran

Bender1999

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Halgurd View Post
    I'm sure you're aware that the name of Azerbaijan (Atropatene) is older than the arrival of the Turks themselves. Even the suffix -an hints at a strictly Iranic origin. It is a provincial name that your people adopted as an ethnonym.
    There are a lot of theories were the term „Kurd“ comes from. Even the version who supports the Persian theory says that there a possibility that this term („kwrt“) itself comes from non Iranics. The same with „Turk“, this term probably comes either from old Iranic or Chinese. This is not a discussion about Azerbaijan has an Iranic name, it is about that this is not a part of „Kurdistan“. Discussing about origin of terms doesn’t make sense. I don’t think any Azerbaijani denies the pre Turkic history of their lands.

Besides of that, just an information, Urmia was one the first places were Turks settled and stayed.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information