Page 223 of 341 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 3409

Thread: BREAKING: Supported by Turkey, Azerbaijan has just started a war against Armenia

Last Online
    01-18-2024 @ 05:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Karda | Kurtî | Kardox | Corduene | Kartawaye
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,517
    Given: 913

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    No. It's a straightforward question. Are you a Yezdi or a Kurd?
    I'm a Muslim Kurd with originally Yazidi Kurd ancestors. We still have some Yazidi beliefs though.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Halgurd View Post
    I'm a Muslim Kurd with originally Yazidi Kurd ancestors. We still have some Yazidi beliefs though.
    So a Yezdi who converted to Islam. When and how did your folks convert?

Antiochos Theos
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Kura-Araxes
    Country
    Armenia
    Hero
    HHH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 281
    Given: 280

0 Not allowed!

I am pan-Kurdist, proudly so. I knew you didn’t have anything to back up your Garnik Asatrian motivated revisionism. Don’t waste my time, go bash Kurds in your twitter Assyro-Armeno group chats.
    I have the answers for each of your false arguments but I'm not gonna waste my time replying to you in detail because you're not even going to try to understand the facts.

Last Online
    01-18-2024 @ 05:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Karda | Kurtî | Kardox | Corduene | Kartawaye
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,517
    Given: 913

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    So a Yezdi who converted to Islam. When and how did your folks convert?
    I don’t want to go too off topic but for the question of when I will first give you a brief historical overview of Yazidism in my region.

From classical Syriac scholars, we know that my area was one of the first to be documented to practise Yazidism. Around the 8th/9th century Syriacs established the church district of Salakh. The church district of Salakh was divided into inner and outer Salakh. Outer Salakh is the areas surrounding the old town of Erbil, and inner Salakh is the mountain areas north of Erbil. Inner Salakh was also known by these same Syriac scholars as ‘Beth Kartawaye’ I.e the land of Kurds. These Kurds are called ‘Worshippers of Yazd’ in the Book of Governors by Thomas Bishop of Marga and their religious beliefs and practises are described. This inner Salakh district is the exact area that my family hails from.

Until the 16th century my region was still documented to be Yazidi albeit now alongside a Muslim population. After the 16th century, the old (Yazidi) Dasini emirate fully lost control and was replaced by the Muslim Soran Emirate where Yazidism declined and was wholly replaced by Islam. The Dasini emirate became completely confined to Sinjar where most of the followers of the religion live today.

My area was probably the last wave of Yazidi converts to Islam. My family still has a lot of traditions (not really practised anymore with this generation though) that we have kept alive from the Yazidi days E.g we don’t kill snakes as they are sacred in the Yazidi religion and we don’t extinguish fire with water.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    What's the current Azerbaijani percentage in the seven rayons that used to be majority Azerbaijani?
    Those so-called 7 rayons are strategically important (maybe even vital) for the defense of the more populated area of the Armenian Stronghold. Armenians paid for those areas with their blood, and I'm sure that Azerbaijan or Turkey would laugh at Armenians for making similar demands from them; I'm sure of it, because I've seen them laugh many times, and call Armenians whiners for such kind of talk, as they themselves have exhibited for three decades.

It's not only self-determination that gives Armenians a legitimate case for breaking away from Azerbaijan, but a precedent for historical territorial integrity too. Artzakh, the 7 rayons, and Nakhichevan, all of them are classified as part of the Armenian Highlands, as defined by Encyclopedia Britannica and Wikipedia. That entire area was endowed with Armenian Cultural Landmarks, that date back thousands of years; unfortunately, Baku, Azerbaijan has been hard at work with destroying those landmarks, which is one reason that Armenians don't want to give them up.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Armenian-Highland

Armenian Highland, mountainous region of western Asia. It lies mainly in Turkey, occupies all of Armenia, and includes southern Georgia, western Azerbaijan, and northwestern Iran. The highland covers almost 154,400 square miles (400,000 square km). The average elevation of the Armenian Highland is 5,000 to 6,500 feet (1,500 to 2,000 metres), but several peaks exceed 14,000 feet (4,000 metres). The highland is a segment of the Mediterranean alpine volcanic zone of folding and has a subtropical continental climate. It is rich in minerals including chromite, gold, and iron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Highlands
    Most of the Armenian Highlands is in present-day eastern Anatolia, and also includes northwestern Iran, all of Armenia, southern Georgia, and western Azerbaijan. Its northeastern parts are also known as Lesser Caucasus, which is a center of Armenian culture.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

1 Not allowed!

I don’t want to go too off topic but for the question of when I will first give you a brief historical overview of Yazidism in my region.

From classical Syriac scholars, we know that my area was one of the first to be documented to practise Yazidism. Around the 8th/9th century Syriacs established the church district of Salakh. The church district of Salakh was divided into inner and outer Salakh. Outer Salakh is the areas surrounding the old town of Erbil, and inner Salakh is the mountain areas north of Erbil. Inner Salakh was also known by these same Syriac scholars as ‘Beth Kartawaye’ I.e the land of Kurds. These Kurds are called ‘Worshippers of Yazd’ in the Book of Governors by Thomas Bishop of Marga and their religious beliefs and practises are described. This inner Salakh district is the exact area that my family hails from.

Until the 16th century my region was still documented to be Yazidi albeit now alongside a Muslim population. After the 16th century, the old (Yazidi) Dasini emirate fully lost control and was replaced by the Muslim Soran Emirate where Yazidism declined and was wholly replaced by Islam. The Dasini emirate became completely confined to Sinjar where most of the followers of the religion live today.

My area was probably the last wave of Yazidi converts to Islam. My family still has a lot of traditions (not really practised anymore with this generation though) that we have kept alive from the Yazidi days E.g we don’t kill snakes as they are sacred in the Yazidi religion and we don’t extinguish fire with water.
    Yezdism is a strange religion in a good way. It's a shame that they are dwindling in numbers. Ever thought of converting?

Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 12:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Dardan
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!

So the whole Serbian claim is that it used to be, for a short period in history, majority Serb with an indigenous Albanian and Vlach minority, therefor it must be permanently Serb forever

And the evidence also suggests that, while there was a steady flow of Albanians from Northern Albania into Kosovo, a major component of the Albanians demographic growth there was the expansion of an indigenous Albanian population within Kosovo itself.
    By the time the Patriarchate was re-established at Pec, the town of Pec itself may already have gained an absolute majority of Muslims. At the same time, there is an increasing evidence that parts of Western Kosovo had a significant ethnic Albanian population, evidence which goes beyond anything that can be demonstrated for the medieval period.

Serbian historians explain the growth of an Albanian population in Kosovo during the early Ottoman period in terms of physical immigration: it is suggested that Albanians from the Malesi were encouraged by the Ottomans to settle in Kosovo, that many of these turned to Islam to gain the advantages of superior status, and that those Slavs who became Muslims were not merely Islamicized but, sooner or later, Albanianized as well.

The Ottoman officials usually noted which heads of family were new arrivals in their places of residence; out of 121 new arrivals in the nahiye of Pec in 1485, the majority had Slav names. In the sancak of Prizren in 1591, only five new arrivals out of forty-one bore Albanian names; and in a group of Kosovo towns in the 1580's and 1590's there were twenty five new Albanian immigrants and 133 with Slav names - several of them described as coming from Bosnia. This evidence counts strongly against the idea of mass immigration from northern Albania. Other more general arguments against that idea are based on relative population sizes and rates of growth. The population of Kosovo during this period was much bigger than that of northern and central Albania, and its rate of growth was actually lower. This is not what one would expect if a large overflow from the Albanian Malesi were flooding into Kosovo.

It included the upper Morava valley, northern Macedonia, and the whole of Kosovo. It is, therefore, in the uplands of the Kosovo area (particularly), but not only, on the western side, including parts of Montenegro) that this Albanian-Vlach symbiosis probably developed. All the evidence comes together at this point. What is suggests is that the Kosovo region , together with at least part of northern Albania, was the crucial focus of two distinct but interlinked ethnic histories: the survival of the Albanians, and the emergence of the Romanians and Vlachs. One large group of Vlachs seems to have broken away and moved southwards by the ninth or tenth century; the proto-Romanians stayed in contact with Albanians significantly longer, before drifting north-eastwards, and crossing the Danube in the twelfth century.
    Last edited by Lexx; 10-07-2020 at 02:07 AM.
    ''When the spring comes we will manure the plains of Kosova with the bones of Serbs, for we Albanians have suffered too much to forget.'' - Isa Boletini, Albanian leader 1913.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-02-2024 @ 02:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Persian-Azeri
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Iran
    Taxonomy
    Iranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,724
    Given: 5,103

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    @Kyp

Pro-Armenia Iranian saying that most Iranian Azerbaijanis support Armenia over Azerbaijan (not the first time I've heard this either).

https://www.reddit.com/r/armenia/com...menia/g7ie063/
    Hmm, interesting. Many ive talked to seemed to not give a shit lol. Neither iranian armenians nor azerbaijans want to be involved in whatevers going on there. I asked a friends about the situation and they thought i was going crazy, i guess some arent even aware of it lol.

The reality is, iranians only care about trying to survive with the heavy sanctions and the toxic governement. Doesnt matter what ethnicity, theyre all suffering a great deal of economic pressure.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,944
    Given: 7,469

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Babak View Post
    Hmm, interesting. Many ive talked to seemed to not give a shit lol. Neither iranian armenians nor azerbaijans want to be involved in whatevers going on there. I asked a friends about the situation and they thought i was going crazy, i guess some arent even aware of it lol.

The reality is, iranians only care about trying to survive with the heavy sanctions and the toxic governement. Doesnt matter what ethnicity, theyre all suffering a great deal of economic pressure.
    It was bad phrasing on my part. I'm sure most Iranians (Azeris or otherwise) are neutral. I was commenting on who the non-neutral Iranian Azeris would side with.

Last Online
    11-11-2020 @ 02:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,047
    Given: 1,137

1 Not allowed!

In Azerbaijan young men are caught on the street, forced into buses and sent to the front line.

https://www.facebook.com/qim.yan.7/v...7662556521141/

Page 223 of 341 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast

Thread Information