Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Is it time that Macedonian Slavs drop Alexander the Great as their ancestor?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    West Ukraine, Siberia, Dobruja
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Lesser Poland
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS3402
    mtDNA
    U5a2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 981
    Given: 564

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamal900 View Post
    Yeah..I mean, it does make sense considering that Northern Greeks do have some Slavic admixture which nothing wrong with that whatsoever..unless if you're a sort of person that dislikes Slavs.
    All Balkanic and even Northwestern people can have Slavic DNA, but it is very low level. As I said Bulgarians Slavic admixture is about 15%, East Germans have about 10% Slavic DNA, which is West Slavic-related, so Slavic DNA with Germanic traces. 95%+ Slavic people live in Ukraine, Western Russia and in Belarus if we consider Baltic as Slavic. Poles and Slovaks are about 80-90% Slavic with Celto-Germanic traces from Goths and other Eastern Germanic tribes. Czech people are 50% Celto-Germanic and 50% Slavic. Yugoslavs Slavic admixture is about 30-40%, rest is Illiryan and DNA from other Balkanic people. East Russians have strong Finno-Ugric admixture, their Slavic admixture is near 25%.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-28-2024 @ 06:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Ethnicity
    Pelasgian-Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Abruzzo
    Y-DNA
    Bessi tribe
    Hero
    Spartacus / Achilles / Jane Sandanski
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,822
    Given: 1,097

0 Not allowed!

Target: johnnyp_scaled
    Distance: 1.7117% / 0.01711654 | R3P
    49.6 Ancient-Macedonian
    27.2 Illyrian
    23.2 Balto-Slavic_IA

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-13-2023 @ 10:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Australia
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterrean
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 735
    Given: 846

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Abriekman View Post
    By language they are Slavs, but about 10-20% Slavic genetically. I would say Bulgarians have Greek DNA from Byzantines.
    If Balkanic and Slavic DNA would be similiar, commercial DNA tests would not can differ it, but as you can see Eastern European category is easy distinguishable from Balkanic.
    I am not saying Bulgarians and Macedonians are mostly Hellenic or something. They are mostly Paleo-Balkanic, but with high Greek admixture.
    How can you explain, that Bulgarians have a lot of East Med, West-Asian-like, Near-Eastern-like DNA?

EV-13/J2 is also proof
    Okay then, but Serb Serbs are one of the most Paleo-Europeans (Aryans) when one analyses haplogroup (I) roughly half are this, it’s higher when you enter Bosnia. If haplogroups are determinates of ancestry then 40% of Europeans are Serbs (Aryans). It makes sense when ancient civilisations uncovered Y DNA I as the source of males who dominated them.

Bulgars it seems to slightly weigh more to haplogroup I, but they are a mish mash of everything like Greeks.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-13-2023 @ 10:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Australia
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterrean
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 735
    Given: 846

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Abriekman View Post
    All Balkanic and even Northwestern people can have Slavic DNA, but it is very low level. As I said Bulgarians Slavic admixture is about 15%, East Germans have about 10% Slavic DNA, which is West Slavic-related, so Slavic DNA with Germanic traces. 95%+ Slavic people live in Ukraine, Western Russia and in Belarus if we consider Baltic as Slavic. Poles and Slovaks are about 80-90% Slavic with Celto-Germanic traces from Goths and other Eastern Germanic tribes. Czech people are 50% Celto-Germanic and 50% Slavic. Yugoslavs Slavic admixture is about 30-40%, rest is Illiryan and DNA from other Balkanic people. East Russians have strong Finno-Ugric admixture, their Slavic admixture is near 25%.
    What’s Slavic DNA R1A?

Real Slavic DNA is HAPLOGROUP I. Your haplogroup R (R1A and R1B) is Asian-Siberian. Some speculate Turko Groups were the original bearers of this R group as the language group like Bashkirs speak an agglutinative language whilst the groups of Haplogroups I and J did not, like paleo Slavs and Arabs.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread Information