View Poll Results: You can choose one of the 3 options.

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armenia

33 47.83%
  • Azerbaijan

20 28.99%
  • NONE. I do not giva a damn about both of them.

16 23.19%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Armenia or Azerbaijan. Who would you support?

Banned
    Last Online
    05-10-2021 @ 07:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Dulkadirids
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    idk yet
    mtDNA
    idk yet
    Taxonomy
    between Turanid and med
    Politics
    Friendship
    Hero
    Kotyan Khan from Age of Empires 2
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,020
    Given: 4,752

0 Not allowed!

Also we Turks saved asses of armenians from roman empire
    When we Turks arrived in Anatolia, Eastern Roman Empire acts to Armenians very badly.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Quintessential Western Euro
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese, Walloon, Flemish, Dutch, German, Luxembourgish, English
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,039
    Given: 4,960

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Altaylı View Post
    Totally wrong
    Islamic World was better than europe in science in 1000-1500 there were a lot of muslim scientist like Avni Cenna Ali kuşçu Muhammed bin Műsâ el-Hârizmî etc.
    Avveroes (whose philosophical texts were burned in the Islamic world, where they didn’t have any impact, while they ironically became important in the West), sounds the death knell of sciences and thought in the Islamic world. From the XIIth century, Europe overtakes the Muslim world in terms of intellect and sciences, while the Muslim world grind to a halt.

Even Ottoman Sultan Fatih Sultan Mehmet knows 6-7 different languages (he knew 6 7 different languages when he was just 19)
    In the beginning of the XVIth c., Guillaume Postel taught Arabic and Hebrew in the Collčge des Lecteurs Royaux founded by the king Francis I in France. There’s no parallel concerning European languages in Cairo, Damascus or Istanbul. Two centuries and a half later, when Napoleon goes to Egypt, Europeans have tens of grammars and dictionaries concerning Arabic, Persian or Turkish. There’s no parallel concerning for ex. French in front.
    Last edited by Laly; 02-22-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2022 @ 05:36 AM
    Country
    Greenland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IrisSelene View Post
    I don't know who to believe anymore. I just know Armenia used to be BIG and Turkey seemed to decide they wanted all of that for themselves. And now Armenia is a rather tiny land and as if that's not enough, Azerbaijan wants to take more land from them.

Also, sad that there are more Armenians living outside Armenia than inside. It's fucking sad. I feel for them.

I don't know how I should react though because I can see both sides getting mad and maybe each one has a different views of those events, as they are all most likely manipulated in some way. They always are.

And I feel like if something similar ever happened in Romania with Moldova and Transylvania... I wouldn't want people to rush in and support someone blindly either.

But I just wish they can figure things out someday somehow. Because it's sad. People just want to have live on their own land....

So much hate around the world because of territories... Such a sad reality.

Sometimes I think they should just let that place become independent so the two people can live there without any of the countries pulling at them.

But I know that would be impossible because of r e l i g i o n. Like always.

Azerbaijani people would definitely want it to be muslim, and Armenians Orthodox. And just like that I doubt it will ever be resolved, at least not peacefully and with both approving it.

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Azerbaijan just took its own land back their ancestors lived, you stupid twat

Last Online
    07-31-2022 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    No idea
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    3/8 Hungarian 2/8 Bulgarian 2/8 Romanian 1/8 Croatian
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-(East)Baltid mix +(maybe)Uralid/Turanid admixture
    Politics
    I hate all of them
    Religion
    Freedom lmao
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,619
    Given: 3,546

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Altaylı View Post
    Lol i said they are loser because of they lost every WAR. They are dishonorable because of they are playing victim everytime
    Ottomans are not just military power Ottoman and Seljuk culture, arts poems are 1000 times better than stupid armenian farmer culture

Also Azerbaijan and Turkey are totally same if we help them this is not for jihad or other things just for our common history
    Azerbaijanis care noble Turcoman blood

Military =power = being Chad = honor
    Ew your posts are just making me lean more towards Armenia, thank you.

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk
    Classify Me !

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...y-or-phenotype

Please vote here ---------------------------------------------------> https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...e-would-I-pass

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

Azerbaijan, a Despotic Country:
    Baku, Azerbaijan authorized this Police Brutality (19/10/2019).
    Karabakh Armenians don't want that kind of country.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Buusra View Post
    Seriously? Were you saying the same things while Armenians killing more than 160 unarmed and vulnarable civilians (especially children) in Hojali in 1992? Or did you ever read when and how EOKA scums slaughtered the families with young children in their homes putting them in bath tubes and shot in 1960s? They are all in records you can just find them if you look at the right sources
    The light must be shed concerning the events you mention. Anyway, that’s not the pattern for Armenians to commit atrocities and there were the pogroms of Sumgait (1988) and Baku (1990) in Azerbaijan against the Armenians.

btw there were no remarkable Hays living in todays Armenia before 1820s, Russians brought them from southern regions to find support as a christian ally with Turkmenchay Treaty in 1828, and its a known fact! Armenians are not natural inhabitants of Transcaucasia, their country is a made-up one between Azerbaijan and Turkey by Russia.
    Big lol, Armenia is scattered all over with Armenian vestiges, testimonies from the paleo-Christian era, but “there were no remarkable Hays living in todays Armenia before 1820s” (sic). If more Armenians were brought, it doesn’t mean it wasn’t Armenian before, lol. By the way, I had already referred to the census of 1823.

And please be informed that the name Armen-Arman-Erman (all etymologically the same) belongs to the same Kipchak tribe so a Turkic name and historical Armenia was an ancient Turkic land in the first place, even Wiki says that way to some extent
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...t_The_Armeno-_
    Lol, the word “Armen/Arman/Erman” being an exonym doesn’t prove anything. And no, it’s not a Turkic name. There are several hypothesis regarding the etymology, and it could be linked to Biblical names.

And seriously, what is this article on Armeno-Kipchak, a language born as a consequence of the Turkic invasion in the XIth century, supposed to prove, lol?

You guys love to rewrite history, in the manner of Erdogan who claimed that Muslims discovered America, lol. Maybe when chickens will have teeth, Turks and Muslims in general will do some real historical work, motivated by the aim to find the truth and not out of ideology.

Alexandro

0 Not allowed!

Neither, because its not like it matters.

Last Online
    04-06-2024 @ 06:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Avar (3/4) Crimean Tatar (1/4)
    Ancestry
    Northern Caucasia
    Country
    Finland
    mtDNA
    H13a
    Taxonomy
    north pontid with proto-nordid elements
    Hero
    Ataturk, Shamil the Avar, Robin Cook, Bertrand Russel
    Religion
    Tengrism
    Relationship Status
    engaged to N1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 639
    Given: 1,142

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laly View Post
    The light must be shed concerning the events you mention. Anyway, that’s not the pattern for Armenians to commit atrocities and there were the pogroms of Sumgait (1988) and Baku (1990) in Azerbaijan against the Armenians.
    I have only found info about these pogroms (!) in wiki, wonder why lol

Big lol, Armenia is scattered all over with Armenian vestiges, testimonies from the paleo-Christian era, but “there were no remarkable Hays living in todays Armenia before 1820s” (sic). If more Armenians were brought, it doesn’t mean it wasn’t Armenian before, lol. By the way, I had already referred to the census of 1823.
    ''Famous Turkolog Sir Gerard Clauson asserts that Kipchaks accepted and converted to Armenian Gregorian religion in an unknown date in early 12. century and wrote their language in Hay alphabet according to their religion. The fact that basic vocabulary was in Kipchak language and the scarcity of Slavic and Hay language compared to Kipchak language was among his evidence.'' Prof.Hülya Kasapoğlu Çengel. The sources are at the end of the article
    https://qha.com.tr/haberler/kirim-sa...7JdXF4nGKWNn3o

Lol, the word “Armen/Arman/Erman” being an exonym doesn’t prove anything. And no, it’s not a Turkic name. There are several hypothesis regarding the etymology, and it could be linked to Biblical names.

And seriously, what is this article on Armeno-Kipchak, a language born as a consequence of the Turkic invasion in the XIth century, supposed to prove, lol?

You guys love to rewrite history, in the manner of Erdogan who claimed that Muslims discovered America, lol. Maybe when chickens will have teeth, Turks and Muslims in general will do some real historical work, motivated by the aim to find the truth and not out of ideology.
    Oh who can be the best to write the history according to wishful thinking other than IE-lovers? You have no evidence other than holy wiki but still insist: )) I wasn't expecting you to understand the academic article so at least you can read this phrase in the article by Kylosov (which in the latest additions part of the link on the left hand side) and understand that R1b and R1a belongs to Turkics. Then you may accept that the R1 found among Armenians today comes from blonde Kuman-Kipchaks:
    ''The Huns were a conglomerate of various nomadic tribes, likely predominantly of R1a Hg''

http://www.turkicworld.org/

There are many good academic articles by many researchers about Turkics and their heritage in this link so you can read and learn if you want to broaden you horizons.

About the etnonym Armen-Ermen-Erman, by Prof.Jalilov:

https://bilgiveguc.blogspot.com/2016...armenians.html

Erman or Arman is a common boy name among Turkics, all Turks in TA will approve it

I submit evidence but you only talk lol so your allegations are simply void
    Last edited by Nanushka; 03-06-2021 at 09:18 PM.

High on life and drunk on knowledge
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-02-2022 @ 05:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ascended Nubian Pharaoh
    Ethnicity
    Canned Fried Chicken
    Ancestry
    Black and Bold
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    E1b1N1GA
    mtDNA
    Nubian
    Taxonomy
    Black Israelite
    Politics
    Ham Sandwich
    Hero
    Elvis
    Religion
    Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,067
    Given: 39,632

0 Not allowed!

Armenia of course, they have a deep bond with America. Azerbaijani's have no representation like the Armenians do, they are fairly irrelevant.
    Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Even if this were hard--that is how it is ! Assuredly, however, by far the harder fate is that which strikes the man who thinks he can overcome Nature, but in the last analysis only mocks her. Distress, misfortune, and diseases are her answer.

Kekgenes K13

1 Swahili+ Jew + Kekistani + Trailerparkistan @ 6.9420

M.T.A
    Celt + Frank (4.869)
    Viking Icelandic + Frank (5.463)
    Viking Icelandic + Celt (5.545)
    Celt + Saxon (5.789)
    Viking Danish + Celt (6.283)
    Celt (6.539)
    Frank (10.13)
    Viking Icelandic (10.34)
    Viking Danish (10.4)
    Saxon (10.79)

kit 2
    Celt + Belgae (4.016)
    Viking Danish + Belgae (5.555)
    Belgae + Frank (5.797)
    Celt + Frank (6.031)
    Celt (6.297)
    Viking Danish + Celt (6.441)
    Belgae (8.662)
    Viking Danish (8.925)
    Frank (9.409)
    Saxon (10.83)

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Buusra View Post
    I have only found info about these pogroms (!) in wiki, wonder why lol
    You are of such bad faith, lol.

And no, it’s not from Wikipedia that I heard about “anti-Armenian bloody pogroms in Sumgait or Baku”. And it’s not only there that you’ll find about it. I know about it from articles I’ve read and a conference. And here’s some stuff in English about it:

Spoiler!

But really, is it surprising if Turkic people aren’t loquacious on the topic, lol?

''Famous Turkolog Sir Gerard Clauson asserts that Kipchaks accepted and converted to Armenian Gregorian religion in an unknown date in early 12. century and wrote their language in Hay alphabet according to their religion. The fact that basic vocabulary was in Kipchak language and the scarcity of Slavic and Hay language compared to Kipchak language was among his evidence.'' Prof.Hülya Kasapoğlu Çengel. The sources are at the end of the article
    https://qha.com.tr/haberler/kirim-sa...7JdXF4nGKWNn3o
    Once again, at the very least, the Armeno-Kipchaks being originally Turkic people or not doesn’t constitute in any way an argument against the legitimacy of Armenians in Armenia, lol.
    Your will to extrapolate from the Armeno-Kipchak phenomenon, extremely late and concerning a tiny diaspora minority, in order to give a certain people historical legitimacy over a land, is beyond understanding. Only ideologues would do such thing. Peoples may be subjected to many kinds of acculturations. The Gauls were acculturated by Romans and later by the Franks and abandoned almost everything from their Celtic language. They brought a lot of Frankish vocabulary, for ex. It doesn’t mean the Franks were there before or that the Celtic stock of the population didn’t persist through time.

The Turkic Languages, Lars Johanson, Éva Ágnes Csató Johanson, 2015

https://books.google.be/books?id=Z7i...exikon&f=false

Armeno-Turcica: Selected Studies, Indiana University Uralic and Altaic Series, Edmond Schütz, Review by: Edward Tryjarski, 2000.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4193316...n_tab_contents

You have no evidence other than holy wiki but still insist: ))
    Says the person who referred to Wiki in the previous post…

I wasn't expecting you to understand the academic article so at least you can read this phrase in the article by Kylosov (which in the latest additions part of the link on the left hand side) and understand that R1b and R1a belongs to Turkics. Then you may accept that the R1 found among Armenians today comes from blonde Kuman-Kipchaks:
    ''The Huns were a conglomerate of various nomadic tribes, likely predominantly of R1a Hg''
    http://www.turkicworld.org/
    I don’t see that sentence, even paraphrased, in the article, lol.

I just see invention, extrapolation. I don’t see in the article you provide that “R1b and R1a belong to Turkics”. I see that R1b would belong to “non-Aryans” and R1a to “Aryans”:

Again, the article, focused on R1b, doesn’t link the non-Aryans necessarily with Turkic people:

Indeed, the current Armenian ethnicity is considered to be greatly the result from the combination of Urartian and Thraco-Phrygian peoples.
    By the way, Amenian language has words from the old Caucasian Hurro-Urartian language.

“Some Effects of the Hurro-Urartian People and Their Languages upon the Earliest Armenians”, John A. C. Greppin and I. M. Diakonoff, Journal of the American Oriental Society, 1990

https://www.jstor.org/stable/603403?...n_tab_contents

There are many good academic articles by many researchers about Turkics and their heritage in this link so you can read and learn if you want to broaden you horizons.
    About the etnonym Armen-Ermen-Erman, by Prof.Jalilov:
    https://bilgiveguc.blogspot.com/2016...armenians.html
    Erman or Arman is a common boy name among Turkics, all Turks in TA will approve it
    It’s still not because “Arman” is a name given among Turkic people that it is of Turkic origin, lol.

“Armenia” or “Armen” may come from the Elamite. (“Minni” is found in the Bible, referring to a mountainous region.)

Armeniaca: Comparative Notes, Frederik Herman Henri Kortlandt, Robert Stephen Paul Beekes, 2003

https://books.google.be/books?hl=fr&...olume&q=armina

The theory of the Erimene origin of the word of Armenia/Armen:

The Kingdom of Armenia, Mack Chahin, 2001.

https://books.google.be/books?id=OR_...6AEwBHoECAQQAw

And yes, the blog referring to “Prof. Javilov”, such a serious and impartial source of information, is swollen with ideology. He claims many things without evidence, concerning a [hypothetic] tribe, Ermen, part of the Mitanni ethnicity and claims, of course, that all those were Turkic, lol. How come we didn’t know that "fact"??

Over the Mountains and Far Away: Studies in Near Eastern history and archaeology presented to Mirjo Salvini on the occasion of his 80th birthday, Pavel S. Avetisyan, Roberto Dan, Yervand H. Grekyan, Archaeopress Publishing Ltd, 30 avr. 2019 - 594 pages

https://books.google.be/books?id=dxU...thesis&f=false

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information