g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,158
    Given: 4,510

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    I thought Balkanites were considered hot tempered because of their dopamine levels lol
    True. It can be snappy.

I think I struggle with snapping without warning. Can make ya look a little unstable ya know?

I been trying to at least put up boundaries early or give a gradual warning and not hit like some damn cobra suddenly

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,068
    Given: 15,883

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by War Chief View Post
    True. It can be snappy.

I think I struggle with snapping without warning. Can make ya look a little unstable ya know?

I been trying to at least put up boundaries early or give a gradual warning and not hit like some damn cobra suddenly
    Lol you’re so open and expressive. Never change WC
    What’s done in darkness will come to light

Banned
    Last Online
    06-23-2021 @ 06:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EM78GREENSAVANNAH's best friend
    Ethnicity
    Bessarabian Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Lol you’re so open and expressive. Never change WC
    Yeah but that shit don't fly in Minnesota.
    Inhibitions are valued here.

In CO it's different I think.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-18-2021 @ 06:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    South Indian/Sri Lankan looking
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,064
    Given: 1,589

0 Not allowed!

True. It can be snappy.

You must be a sad person. Anger and sadness go together like smoke and fire. I'm nowhere near as irritable or snappy when I'm actually happy. But happiness is much harder to come by for some people than others...

Banned
    Last Online
    06-23-2021 @ 06:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EM78GREENSAVANNAH's best friend
    Ethnicity
    Bessarabian Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    You must be a sad person. Anger and sadness go together like smoke and fire. I'm nowhere near as irritable or snappy when I'm actually happy. But happiness is much harder to come by for some people than others...
    Snappy in a good way.
    Sometimes you gotta assert yourself to secure a good surrounding here and now.
    Especially we live in competitive capitalist America where ppl will say anything to sell/extort money from you.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,283
    Given: 12,797

1 Not allowed!

Someone who has forgotten what reality is, appears to be out of touch, and does things that just don't make any sense.
    =(^.^)=

Also I don't do classifications currently, sorry.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Fiji
    Y-DNA
    R1A
    mtDNA
    U4
    Taxonomy
    Big headed white man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,412
    Given: 6,925

2 Not allowed!

Out of touch with reality. Like mental unstability when someone loses control of thoughts, behaviors thats crazy.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

What's your definition of crazy? I been called it not too long ago and I started laughing.
    Because I have a Bohemian mind & am a free-thinker.

My definition of actually crazy is seeing/hearing things that aren't reality. Delusions also are part of it. Thinking a certain thing that's just so out of touch with reality and being convinced its real.

Paranoia isn't necessarily crazy, because sometimes Paranoia is justified. There's been moments I wish I had been more paranoid, would've saved me from a lot of problems down the line.
    Crazy in the clinical sense ? Psychiatry is a pseudo-science that is fundamentally a political project that has expanded since the introduction of the neoliberal mode of Capitalism. The neo-liberal capitalist class seeks to remove itself from the problems it creates in society by focusing the site of change on the individual rather than the community when it is really the community that needs to change at a fundamental level. So psychiatric labels are not real 'disorders' or 'diseases' but rather function as a political football or political device.

Crazy in the colloquial sense that does not matter as long as you consider yourself sane. I consider myself fine and I don't care what other people think of me :

By a peculiar weakness of human nature, people generally think too much about the opinion which others form of them; although the slightest reflection will show that this opinion, whatever it may be, is not in itself essential to happiness. Therefore it is hard to understand why everybody feels so very pleased when he sees that other people have a good opinion of him, or say anything flattering to his vanity. If you stroke a cat, it will purr; and, as inevitably, if you praise a man, a sweet expression of delight will appear on his face; and even though the praise is a palpable lie, it will be welcome, if the matter is one on which he prides himself. If only other people will applaud him, a man may console himself for downright misfortune or for the pittance he gets from the two sources of human happiness already discussed: and conversely, it is astonishing how infallibly a man will be annoyed, and in some cases deeply pained, by any wrong done to his feeling of self-importance, whatever be the nature, degree, or circumstances of the injury, or by any depreciation, slight, or disregard.

.....Therefore it will very much conduce to our happiness if we duly compare the value of what a man is in and for himself with what he is in the eyes of others. Under the former conies everything that fills up the span of our existence and makes it what it is, in short, all the advantages already considered and summed up under the heads of personality and property; and the sphere in which all this takes place is the man's own consciousness. On the other hand, the sphere of what we are for other people is their consciousness, not ours; it is the kind of figure we make in their eyes, together with the thoughts which this arouses.{1} But this is something which has no direct and immediate existence for us, but can affect us only mediately and indirectly, so far, that is, as other people's behavior towards us is directed by it; and even then it ought to affect us only in so far as it can move us to modify what we are in and for ourselves. Apart from this, what goes on in other people's consciousness is, as such, a matter of indifference to us; and in time we get really indifferent to it, when we come to see how superficial and futile are most people's thoughts, how narrow their ideas, how mean their sentiments, how perverse their opinions, and how much of error there is in most of them; when we learn by experience with what depreciation a man will speak of his fellow, when he is not obliged to fear him, or thinks that what he says will not come to his ears. And if ever we have had an opportunity of seeing how the greatest of men will meet with nothing but slight from half-a-dozen blockheads, we shall understand that to lay great value upon what other people say is to pay them too much honor. ---Arthur Schopenhauer

Ancient member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European descent
    Ancestry
    Father: Hungarian Mother: German + minor English
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    N1a
    mtDNA
    H1e
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,518
    Given: 24,968

2 Not allowed!

I had this friend in high school, he was always a little delusional. He used to see little things that would happen in his life as signs from deceased loved ones, guiding him this way or that. Not to disparage someone who thinks that way, but he was obsessive about it, and he would draw irrational conclusions based on these signs.

Fast forward thru college and beyond, and he became stranger and stranger. He stalked a girl, who was a friend of a friend, even managed to get to her classroom door one day (she is a teacher).

Finally, a few years ago, he showed up at another friend's house banging on the door, talking non-sensical things about Aliens and UFO's. Oh, and he was convinced he was there for a job interview. My friend had to call the police because he would not leave. My friend (the sane one), is a big dude, not easily intimidated, and he had never feared for his safety before with this guy, but he told me he was legitimately scared this time.

The last time I saw my 'crazy' friend, he walked right past me and my family in the mall, a blank look in his eyes, his mouth opening and closing in a sort of combination tic/mutter. He looked right at me, but there was no recognition of me in his eyes. He was gone.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,815
    Given: 7,518

0 Not allowed!

Crazy is someone abusive of other people I think.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information