g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,158
    Given: 4,510

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I had this friend in high school, he was always a little delusional. He used to see little things that would happen in his life as signs from deceased loved ones, guiding him this way or that. Not to disparage someone who thinks that way, but he was obsessive about it, and he would draw irrational conclusions based on these signs.

Fast forward thru college and beyond, and he became stranger and stranger. He stalked a girl, who was a friend of a friend, even managed to get to her classroom door one day (she is a teacher).

Finally, a few years ago, he showed up at another friend's house banging on the door, talking non-sensical things about Aliens and UFO's. Oh, and he was convinced he was there for a job interview. My friend had to call the police because he would not leave. My friend (the sane one), is a big dude, not easily intimidated, and he had never feared for his safety before with this guy, but he told me he was legitimately scared this time.

The last time I saw my 'crazy' friend, he walked right past me and my family in the mall, a blank look in his eyes, his mouth opening and closing in a sort of combination tic/mutter. He looked right at me, but there was no recognition of me in his eyes. He was gone.
    Schizophrenia of some sort.

I personally believe all diseases of the mind have to do with verbal dialogic thinking. When one starts "talking to himself" it becomes a problem. Even thinking out loud.

The remedy to that is letting-go in a meditative state, but no one has the time, will or patience to do that, including myself.

Last Online
    03-30-2021 @ 12:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Sicilian
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Sicily
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,595
    Given: 1,261

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by War Chief View Post
    What's your definition of crazy?
    Not necessarily people seeing/hearing things that aren't reality, like a person with Alzheimer's, it's just the consequence of a neurodegenerative disease. This can happen to any of us.

My definition of crazy / insane are the people with personality disorders who are capable of commiting heinous or deplorable acts and feel no regret about their actions, in short, a psychopath. Both the violent ones (serial killers and rapists) and the non-violent, but highly manipulative ones who will do anything to make their way up the corporate ladder.
    Last edited by Parça do Neymar; 10-21-2020 at 05:55 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-23-2021 @ 06:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EM78GREENSAVANNAH's best friend
    Ethnicity
    Bessarabian Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Parça do Neymar View Post
    Not necessarily people seeing/hearing things that aren't reality, like a person with Alzheimer's, it's just the consequence of a neurodegenerative disease. This can happen to any of us.

My definition of crazy are the people with personality disorders who are capable of commiting heinous or deplorable acts and feel no regret about their actions, in short, a psychopath. Both the violent ones (serial killers, serial rapists) and the non-violent, but highly manipulative ones who will do anything to make their way up the corporate ladder.
    The sad thing is Capitalism promotes this psycopathic "dog-eat-dog" behavior. Sometimes the only way to climb the corporate ladder is just shove your way up there at the expense of fucking everyone along the way.

Ancient member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European descent
    Ancestry
    Father: Hungarian Mother: German + minor English
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    N1a
    mtDNA
    H1e
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,531
    Given: 24,991

1 Not allowed!

I personally believe all diseases of the mind have to do with verbal dialogic thinking. When one starts "talking to himself" it becomes a problem. Even thinking out loud.

The remedy to that is letting-go in a meditative state, but no one has the time, will or patience to do that, including myself.
    Yeah, we all kind of concluded that he is Schizophrenic.

Last Online
    03-30-2021 @ 12:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Sicilian
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Sicily
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,595
    Given: 1,261

0 Not allowed!

The sad thing is Capitalism promotes this psycopathic "dog-eat-dog" behavior. Sometimes the only way to climb the corporate ladder is just shove your way up there at the expense of fucking everyone along the way.
    And you are correct, brazilian politics in particular are infested with people like that.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Schizophrenia ? Psychiatry can only make culturally and historically bound claims. Real scientific phenonemona can happen any time or any place unlike specific kinds of 'schizophrenic' behaviours which may not be seen as abnormal in certain cultures. Real scientific concepts can happen anytime and any place so it goes without saying psychiatry is a political thing not scientific and it's biological model of 'mental illness' or 'mental disorder' is bullshit. For instance, gravity happens in India and the United States but one person may not be considered schizophrenic in India or Nigeria but is considered to be so in America.

The issues with the current state of psychiatric knowledge are -- the disagreements over aetiology and treatment of mental illness, the lack of agreement on what “mental illness” is, and consequently the lack of validity to any category of mental disorder.

A review of the science behind the psychiatric discourse concluded that “no biological sign has ever been found for any ‘mental disorder.’ Correspondingly, there is no known physiological etiology” (Burstow 2015: 75).

Furthermore, the research also showed that psychiatrists could still not distinguish between mentally healthy and mentally sick people, and consequently had failed to define their area of supposed expertise. This issue was highlighted with reference to comments made by Allen Frances, the chair of the previous DSM-IV task force. When the DSM-IV (American Psychiatric Association 1994: xxi) was published in 1994, it stated that “mental disorder”

was conceptualized as a clinically significant behavioral or psychological syndrome or pattern that occurs in an individual and that is associated with present distress (e.g., a painful symptom) or disability (i.e., impairment in one or more important areas of functioning) or with a significantly increased risk of suffering death, pain, disability, or an important loss of freedom.

However, as the architect of the DSM-IV (bible of psychiatry), Frances was later quoted by Greenberg (2013: 35–36) as stating of the above definition, “[h]ere’s the problem … There is no definition of a mental disorder … it’s bullshit … I mean you can’t define it.” The lack of knowledge on mental health and illness has haunted the entire history of psychiatry. Some have dismissed critics who highlight this fundamental hole in the science of psychiatry as “antipsychiatry” or “mental illness deniers.” Such attacks on scholars who attempt to investigate the accuracy of the central pillars of psychiatric knowledge should further concern us, as it perhaps signals that plenty in the profession are already aware of the flimsy nature on which their “expertise” continues to rest. Together with an understanding of the history of the psychiatric profession—summed up by Scull (1989: 8) as “dismal and depressing”—I would argue that it should be the duty of all social scientists concerned with the mental health field that, in good conscience and putting the needs of the public first, they remain highly sceptical of a psychiatric discourse that poses as expert knowledge on the mind but produces little actual evidence to back up the assertions made.

1.)Burstow, B. (2015) Psychiatry and the Business of Madness: An Ethical and Epistemological Accounting. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.

2.)Greenberg, G. (2013) The Book of Woe: The DSM and The Unmaking of Psychiatry. New York: Blue Rider Press.

3.)Scull, A. (1989) Social Order/Mental Disorder: Anglo-American Psychiatry in Historical Perspective. Berkeley: University of California Press.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-23-2021 @ 06:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EM78GREENSAVANNAH's best friend
    Ethnicity
    Bessarabian Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    A review of the science behind the psychiatric discourse concluded that “no biological sign has ever been found for any ‘mental disorder.’ Correspondingly, there is no known physiological etiology” (Burstow 2015: 75).
    Yes, it has. In Schizophrenic patients the dopamine system is hyperactive. So they are are chronically over-stimulated.

Neighborhood Friendly Nuna <3
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Austronesian
    Ethnicity
    Samoan
    Ancestry
    Samoan
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Longbowman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,533
    Given: 11,712

2 Not allowed!

We're all a little crazy. Part of being with a woman is accepting her craziness and still loving her.
    Abuse is a whole another beast though
    i think, in this sense, the word crazy is a generic blanket term.

i consider myself self assured when it comes to making decisions on what to do. identify the issue then decide on solution; chart course to action, etc.

i have been angry enough to obsessively plan on burning down someone’s house. this is not based off of getting carried away in my emotions so much as it is i think sometimes certain people or things just need to be “erased” because it checks off a list of negatives for me. does that make it right? of course not. i’m aware of this aspect of myself so i make it a point to address and assess my mental hang-ups when it gets to that point.

i don’t hold grudges and forgive quite easily, but i can put my foot down unwaveringly in decision of something to an obsessive degree.

i’m inclined to agree with mr. g’s post about crazy being tied in with danger or potential physical threat. i think sometimes people tend to blather about things they don’t know about, so when they call someone crazy, they’ve no clue what they’re dealing with. here’s to age dulling down that moment when i’m like, “oh, i’m crazy? you want to see crazy?” smh, the folly of youth lol.

High on life and drunk on knowledge
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-02-2022 @ 05:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ascended Nubian Pharaoh
    Ethnicity
    Canned Fried Chicken
    Ancestry
    Black and Bold
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    E1b1N1GA
    mtDNA
    Nubian
    Taxonomy
    Black Israelite
    Politics
    Ham Sandwich
    Hero
    Elvis
    Religion
    Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,067
    Given: 39,632

2 Not allowed!

To me its people who are unable to control their* compulsions and impulses. Insanity however is a completely different level of craziness, Insanity implies someone has no bearing on reality and is delusional; not responsible for their behavior.
    Last edited by PaleoEuropean; 10-21-2020 at 06:52 PM.
    Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Even if this were hard--that is how it is ! Assuredly, however, by far the harder fate is that which strikes the man who thinks he can overcome Nature, but in the last analysis only mocks her. Distress, misfortune, and diseases are her answer.

Kekgenes K13

1 Swahili+ Jew + Kekistani + Trailerparkistan @ 6.9420

M.T.A
    Celt + Frank (4.869)
    Viking Icelandic + Frank (5.463)
    Viking Icelandic + Celt (5.545)
    Celt + Saxon (5.789)
    Viking Danish + Celt (6.283)
    Celt (6.539)
    Frank (10.13)
    Viking Icelandic (10.34)
    Viking Danish (10.4)