Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,121
    Given: 1,884

0 Not allowed!

Default Confederate flag not welcome in Oregon historic cemeteries

Confederate flag not welcome in Oregon historic cemeteries

OREGON CITY, Ore. - A state commission has voted to recommend that the Confederate flag no longer be allowed in Oregon’s historic cemeteries.

Members of Oregon’s Commission on Historic Cemeteries voted unanimously Friday to adopt a position paper recommending Confederate flags not be allowed in historic cemeteries at any time, KOIN-TV reported. That includes flying the flag on poles or small flags placed on individual graves.

“We do not support allowing flags in historic cemeteries that promote systemic racism, fear, and oppression of anyone,” the position paper reads. “It is extremely important that historic cemeteries are maintained as places where the visitors feel safe and welcome.”

https://www.q13fox.com/news/confeder...ric-cemeteries
    POUR UNE HISTOIRE DÉBARRASSÉE DES NOMBREUX MENSONGES
    Vincent Reynouard: Je suis ingénieur chimiste et historien révisionniste français. J’expose de la façon la plus pédagogique possible les arguments révisionnistes. Je propose, j’expose, je n’impose rien. Chacun doit (ou devrait) être libre de se faire une opinion sur le sujet. .

Hialt

0 Not allowed!

I used to be immensely pro-Southern as a kid, but I mellowed out a lot in college. I don't care about the Confederacy anymore, etc., the monuments can be moved aside, as far as I'm concerned.
    Keep the public square free of the past.
    The here and now, and the beautiful sky above us, is a lot more beautiful to behold in a public square than grey Victorian defeat. Plus, there's no way to defend slavery. If you've ever been forced to do anything physical, with no way out, you'd personally hate slavery too. You can't defend it. I know pro-Confederates say the war wasn't over slavery (and I agree, actually!), but Lincoln's card trick of asserting it as the essence of the conflict worked. But by putting slavery in the back seat, argumentatively, you're not doing enough to call it out, which is a human duty. Slavery sucks.
    It'll still piss me off if you make fun of the South in front of me.

Hialt

0 Not allowed!

. .
    Last edited by Hialt; 10-27-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Thread Information