Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and saviour yet?

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,942
    Given: 45,034

4 Not allowed!

Default Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and saviour yet?

If not, please take some time to consider this as a matter of urgency. None of us know when our last day on earth would be - - you could die in your sleep, or a car could run you over tomorrow. Or a million other things might happen. The only thing you can be sure of is that you will die (unless you're still alive when Jesus returns and you're his child).

So... it is imperative that you take care of your eternal destiny. Jesus is the only way to heaven - - and yes, heaven is real. So is hell.

Time to dust off your Bible and read it. Or if you don't have one, you can read it online for free.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,172
    Given: 58,944

1 Not allowed!

I did.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum User Cobra about Mortimer

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian, Italian, Polish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,171
    Given: 1,327

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    I did.
    The question is, which Jesus? Because the Bible warns about "another Jesus" (2 Cor 11:4).

If you believe that your works are required to complete your salvation, or that you can lose your salvation, then you have been deceived by "another Jesus." You have not said, with Jesus, "it is finished" and died spiritually with Him, receiving the Holy Ghost even as He gave up the Ghost.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-04-2021 @ 06:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Martian
    Country
    Iran
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,195
    Given: 4,402

0 Not allowed!

No, I didn't but I keep close.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Polish and distant Ashkenazi Jewish.
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Shqiptar in disguise
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1 Hyperborean
    Taxonomy
    Moderately not ugly something
    Politics
    Social Liberalism - apparently.
    Hero
    Goofy
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,604
    Given: 48,334

0 Not allowed!

I do not believe in that.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    The question is, which Jesus? Because the Bible warns about "another Jesus" (2 Cor 11:4).

If you believe that your works are required to complete your salvation, or that you can lose your salvation, then you have been deceived by "another Jesus." You have not said, with Jesus, "it is finished" and died spiritually with Him, receiving the Holy Ghost even as He gave up the Ghost.
    You believe in the other Jesus. And Im not apologetic of the catholic/orthodox church I lack the knowledge but what comes to my mind is why Judas Iscariot lost his salvation? Exactly because of what he has done. And did you saw my thread about Hitler if he was a christian, I briefly wrote about protestant beliefs. And the NT states "you say you believe but so do the demons and they are scared" "faith without works is not complete". Yesterday we held a memorial service, for my dad, a liturgy. The orthodox priest did said that who believes in Jesus and eats his flesh and drinks his blood, will have eternal life, but who doesnt believe in Jesus will be judged on judgement day by what he has done. So it is not much different as to what you believe.
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum User Cobra about Mortimer

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You believe in the other Jesus. And Im not apologetic of the catholic/orthodox church I lack the knowledge but what comes to my mind is why Judas Iscariot lost his salvation? Exactly because of what he has done.
    He never had it; besides, that was before the Spirit was given (John 7:37-39). Jesus said He knows whom He had chosen (John 13:18). And again, He will give eternal life to as many as the Father has given Him (John 17:2), and that nothing can ever pluck His sheep from His hands (John 10:27-29). Paul also argues emphatically that as many as God has called according to His purpose will surely be saved (Rom 8:28-39).

And did you saw my thread about Hitler if he was a christian, I briefly wrote about protestant beliefs.
    I did not.

And the NT states "you say you believe but so do the demons and they are scared" "faith without works is not complete".
    My works are perfect because Jesus Christ is my good works. Christ is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption (1 Cor 1:30). The one who is born of God "cannot sin" (1 John 3:9). That is, in our flesh, we still sin, but sin is not imputed to us, and our conscience is purged of sins (Heb 10:2). That is because the one who is in Christ is eternally secure, sealed with the Spirit of promise (Eph 1:13-14). Jesus said, be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect (Matthew 5:48). So if your works are not perfect, as mine are by Christ in me (Col 1:27, Gal 2:20, Rom 8:10), then you will not inherit the kingdom of God, since whoever shall keep the whole law and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all (James 2:10).

Yesterday we held a memorial service, for my dad, a liturgy. The orthodox priest did said that who believes in Jesus and eats his flesh and drinks his blood, will have eternal life, but who doesnt believe in Jesus will be judged on judgement day by what he has done. So it is not much different as to what you believe.
    The differences are damnable. A little leaven leaventh the whole lump (Gal 5:9). Eating His flesh and drinking His blood is spiritual, not literal. Paul teaches that we are become dead to the law by the Body of Christ (Rom 7:4). And again, we are His members - that is, His body (1 Cor 6:15-20). And if you're dead to the law, that means you no longer serve the law of sin and death, as there's no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Rom 8:1-3). His blood is the blood of the covenant, which is applied spiritually by faith.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    He never had it; besides, that was before the Spirit was given (John 7:37-39). Jesus said He knows whom He had chosen (John 13:18). And again, He will give eternal life to as many as the Father has given Him (John 17:2), and that nothing can ever pluck His sheep from His hands (John 10:27-29). Paul also argues emphatically that as many as God has called according to His purpose will surely be saved (Rom 8:28-39).

I did not.

My works are perfect because Jesus Christ is my good works. Christ is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption (1 Cor 1:30). The one who is born of God "cannot sin" (1 John 3:9). That is, in our flesh, we still sin, but sin is not imputed to us, and our conscience is purged of sins (Heb 10:2). That is because the one who is in Christ is eternally secure, sealed with the Spirit of promise (Eph 1:13-14). Jesus said, be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect (Matthew 5:48). So if your works are not perfect, as mine are by Christ in me (Col 1:27, Gal 2:20, Rom 8:10), then you will not inherit the kingdom of God, since whoever shall keep the whole law and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all (James 2:10).

The differences are damnable. A little leaven leaventh the whole lump (Gal 5:9). Eating His flesh and drinking His blood is spiritual, not literal. Paul teaches that we are become dead to the law by the Body of Christ (Rom 7:4). And again, we are His members - that is, His body (1 Cor 6:15-20). And if you're dead to the law, that means you no longer serve the law of sin and death, as there's no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Rom 8:1-3). His blood is the blood of the covenant, which is applied spiritually by faith.
    You are a heretic, a occultist and gay. Protestants have thousands and millions of demoninations and they found everyday new ones. You will not be saved because you are not in communion with the holy apostolic and one true church. I dont think anyone believes that you are saved by good works, you are saved by jesus christ that is what everyone believes, but the bible says we are the salt on earth and the light we should shine, and we should not lose our saltiness. You basically say "I cannot sin" "I cant do anything wrong" but the bible says sodomites wont enter the kingdom of heaven.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 04:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,029
    Given: 10,292

0 Not allowed!

Jesus is my Lord, but I haven't been a very good Christian lately.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

You are a heretic, a occultist and gay. Protestants have thousands and millions of demoninations and they found everyday new ones. You will not be saved because you are not in communion with the holy apostolic and one true church. I dont think anyone believes that you are saved by good works, you are saved by jesus christ that is what everyone believes, but the bible says we are the salt on earth and the light we should shine, and we should not lose our saltiness. You basically say "I cannot sin" "I cant do anything wrong" but the bible says sodomites wont enter the kingdom of heaven.
    You are the sodomite, and heretic, and occultist, since you are guilty of all the law if you offend at only one point (James 2:10). And as Paul says,

1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.

3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Rom 2:1-3

This is what Paul said right after condemning sodomy, and murder, and fornication, etc. So there you have it: your own works of the flesh are wicked. Think you're not a sodomite, murderer, idolater, etc? Paul here says you judge, and do the same thing, so you condemn yourself. And Jesus said likewise, for with what judgment you judge you will be judged by.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information