PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Is Romania the italy of eastern Europe?? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Is Romania the italy of eastern Europe??

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 65.00%
  • No

7 35.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is Romania the italy of eastern Europe??

Ülev

3 Not allowed!

Eu sunt de acord

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    4. Romania and Italy are culturally worlds apart - Turkey is a way better proxy for Romanian culture. Romanian culture is like 40% Ottoman Turkish, 20% Soviet Russian, 20% Greek Orthodox and 10% Central European.

5. from the above you can see that Romania is culturally not Mediterranean although in looks Romania is indeed predominantly Mediterranean but not in Italian or Greek way - rather in Turkish-Russian mix way, Black Sea looks, which means brunet with brown eyes and light skin in winter and tanned skin in summer.

6. need to stress again how Romania is Oriental and not Western, while Italy is Mediterranean with strong Western influence.
    Have you fallen through the cracks in your outhouse? you seem to be having a bad day.

Romanians don't have an Ottoman culture. Romanians don't even know what Ottoman culture is, but even so they hate it by default. Rahat, the Turkish delicacy, literally means shit in Romanian and Halal means something of poor quality.

Ülev

2 Not allowed!

before ze communists came....

. . .
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,439
    Given: 31,599

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ixulescu View Post
    Have you fallen through the cracks in your outhouse? you seem to be having a bad day.

Romanians don't have an Ottoman culture. Romanians don't even know what Ottoman culture is, but even so they hate it by default. Rahat, the Turkish delicacy, literally means shit in Romanian and Halal means something of poor quality.
    not true, there is huge following of Turkish films and I've heard this a lot: how similar they look to us and how similar are their ways to ours, like having carpets on the walls and eating sunflower seeds in the street. and why having a bad day if I tell it objectively, plus I have nothing against Oriental ways, I am actually into Oriental stuff and I am sorry some upper middle class Romanians struggle away from our native Oriental culture to become copycats of the Westerners...

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

not true, there is huge following of Turkish films and I've heard this a lot: how similar they look to us and how similar are their ways to ours, like having carpets on the walls and eating sunflower seeds in the street. and why having a bad day if I tell it objectively, plus I have nothing against Oriental ways, I am actually into Oriental stuff and I am sorry some upper middle class Romanians struggle away from our native Oriental culture to become copycats of the Westerners...
    Turkish novelas is a recent fad, present everywhere in the region. It's going to pass, just like the mexican novelas fad. Eating semechki is boorish eastern euro behavior.

. . .
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Turkish novelas is a recent fad, present everywhere in the region. It's going to pass, just like the mexican novelas fad. Eating semechki is boorish eastern euro behavior.
    all in all, Italy is a gem, and if we do have at least some degree of similarity to Turkey and even to Russia, to Italy it's all too low. though our countrymen integrate greatly when immigrating there and tens of thousands of Romanian women already married Italians, so maybe the countries will get closer in the next decades, maybe they will have a future together, because a past they don't have

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,288
    Given: 8,204

1 Not allowed!

all in all, Italy is a gem, and if we do have at least some degree of similarity to Turkey and even to Russia, to Italy it's all too low. though our countrymen integrate greatly when immigrating there and tens of thousands of Romanian women already married Italians, so maybe the countries will get closer in the next decades, maybe they will have a future together, because a past they don't have
    You sound like a tired old man, Nurzat. But you have a fucking point in there.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Why don't Romanians migrate to Turkey or Russia if they had so much in common culturally, like you claim. Moldovans have migrated in numbers to Russia, why don't Romanians do the same?

Why do Romanians go to Italy and Spain, especially this decade, when Italy and Spain are not so hot economically? Obviously because Romanians feel they can integrate easier.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

2 Not allowed!

Romanians dress like shit and are in the same cluster with the entire Slavic space on that, including Central Asia.
    I had totally different experience. Women being much more nicely dressed in kinda old fashioned feminine way (dresses or long skirts, scarfs etc), men also more fashionable.
    Slavs often just wear sweatpants/sweatshirts and often women dress low class slutty.

In Hungary on the other hand they have very weird fashion sense (or lack of it) similar to Germans.

. . .
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Why don't Romanians migrate to Turkey or Russia if they had so much in common culturally, like you claim. Moldovans have migrated in numbers to Russia, why don't Romanians do the same?

Why do Romanians go to Italy and Spain, especially this decade, when Italy and Spain are not so hot economically? Obviously because Romanians feel they can integrate easier.

there is no migration to Italy or Spain since we got allowed to UK. plus it was only because Romanians can pick up the language easier, but beyond language there is no cultural similarity - Romania is culturally Oriental and a peasant culture (I am not saying it in a bad way, I am a peasant myself and I prefer countryside), while Italy is an urban and Western culture. Romania also is not a Mediterranean culture because of geographical position, although it is Mediterranean in people's looks, but cuisine is Ottoman and in general the culture is Oriental - as I've said, visit a random Kazakh village and you will find:

- the exact same type of rural houses (same rural architecture and village plan)
    - the same clothes on the people
    - the same type of music popular in the masses (subtypes of Oriental music)
    - common elements of cuisine
    - some common customs

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    I had totally different experience. Women being much more nicely dressed in kinda old fashioned feminine way (dresses or long skirts, scarfs etc), men also more fashionable.
    Slavs often just wear sweatpants/sweatshirts and often women dress low class slutty.

In Hungary on the other hand they have very weird fashion sense (or lack of it) similar to Germans.
    probably downtown a big city like Cluj or so, because otherwise kitsch is the default mode of Romanians (I include most of my relatives, I don't dissociate from Romanians when I do these comments, also I am not saying it like in a bad way, because I want us to keep our Oriental specific and all that makes us different to the West)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information