England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,347
    Given: 369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    to me...Safavid was persianized turks
    and Ottomans were Greco-Romanize turks
    A low key continuation of Roman-Persian wars. Regardless of religious changes, I guess Human nature is much harder to change

Banned
    Last Online
    12-21-2022 @ 02:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    t
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 11

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Altaylı View Post

Good job. I would like to see the results if we remove the recent Mongoloid admixture from the Pamirians and Tajiks. Physical anthropologists do not even classify some of Tajik groups as a pure Caucasoid race (but a mixed race) due to the big Mongoloid component obtained in recent times. Without this East Eurasian component, the list of populations closest to Sarmatians would be as follows:
    1) Turkic people (Tatars).
    2) Besermyans (semi-Tatars-semi-Udmurts)
    3) Finno-Ugric peoples
    4) Caucasians or Iranians.
    Tatars are the biggest Turkic ethnic group in Russia (5 million people). These are the most typical Turkic people of Russia, who do not have any Iranian roots.

Last Online
    11-30-2022 @ 09:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 155

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HulaguHan View Post
    i think this is reality. iranic-aryan r1a blood makes Turks strong warriors. if they not mixed with them they never be strong. look at other mongols. they are weak. china never get out outside from fear. if Turks couldnt mixed with iranians they was be deleted from history like a their cousins native americans.

We owe a lot to aryan men for fertilizing our mongolian girls
    This may sound provocative, but I think that Mongol people where ruthless during the Middle ages. The central Asian environment is a harsh environment in order to survive. Harsh climate during winter, and a very low population density. Someone could kill and rob you at any given time. This helped them conquer vast territories. They were in essence a pirate culture. They looted, then they used the treasures to attract more peoples in order to loot more, bigger town, bigger cities.

European peoples on the other hand had become more civilized and decadent due organized societies and Christianity. Especially the Graeco-Roman world. This is a common phenomenon in history. Advanced societies become more decadent with time, and then they are conquered by culturally inferior people.

Islamification has helped Turkic tribes in that respect as well, since Islam is more militaristic than Christianity. After all, at the end of the day Jesus was a hippie, Mohammed was a warlord. Let's not forget that the Arab environment in the desert was also harsh. People used to kill each other for some territory or sources of water. Hence they needed strict rules imposed by religious authority.

The Europeans had warrior genetics though, hence they managed to sustain their culture.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moderate member of the Uralic Cluster
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kınık_(tribe)
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano-Pontid and slight Carpathid
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Religions are mass-scale Stockholm syndromes
    Relationship Status
    To impress her it's too damn hard
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,269
    Given: 4,558

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianatomia View Post
    This may sound provocative, but I think that Mongol people where ruthless during the Middle ages. The central Asian environment is a harsh environment in order to survive. Harsh climate during winter, and a very low population density. Someone could kill and rob you at any given time. This helped them conquer vast territories. They were in essence a pirate culture. They looted, then they used the treasures to attract more peoples in order to loot more, bigger town, bigger cities.

European peoples on the other hand had become more civilized and decadent due organized societies and Christianity. Especially the Graeco-Roman world. This is a common phenomenon in history. Advanced societies become more decadent with time, and then they are conquered by culturally inferior people.

Islamification has helped Turkic tribes in that respect as well, since Islam is more militaristic than Christianity. After all, at the end of the day Jesus was a hippie, Mohammed was a warlord. Let's not forget that the Arab environment in the desert was also harsh. People used to kill each other for some territory or sources of water. Hence they needed strict rules imposed by religious authority.

The Europeans had warrior genetics though, hence they managed to sustain their culture.
    You're trying to twist the history, and make it look like your ideal history.

Central asian people were herders. They ate sheep. European people were farmers, because agriculture invented.

In central asia, bacuse of limited resources and hars conditions, you have to move, always. In the spring, you have to move higher elevation to feed sheep; in winter you can't survive there, so you have to make something for the winter and move down in autmn.

In europe, you have wheat. You have to work in fields. So you have to build a home and settle in. Ancient egypt and Ionian city-states are good examples of early civilizations. It has nothing to do with Christianity. People lived in cities long before Christianity and Ancient Egypt civilization was much more advanced than any part of europe even milennium before. And also, don't forget the Chinese civ, which we always forget/don't care because "they are ugly yellow? people".

Nomadic herder lifestlye of early Turks come from Indo-Europeans; They were nomadic pastorals in the Eurasian Steppe and Turkic peoples were descended from Aryans. (Thanks HulaguHan)

"They were in essence a pirate culture." Is a very biased sentence. Like, it was only Turks and nothing else, Greeks were just angels with spears moving around. No, pls bro don't do that. Can i remind you date of Magna Carta ? It's 1215, long after Turks entered Anatolia.

If you want to comment on history, leave your Greek nationalism outside, please.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor12 View Post

Central asian people were herders. They ate sheep. European people were farmers, because agriculture invented.

In central asia, bacuse of limited resources and hars conditions, you have to move, always. In the spring, you have to move higher elevation to feed sheep; in winter you can't survive there, so you have to make something for the winter and move down in autmn.

In europe, you have wheat. You have to work in fields. So you have to build a home and settle in. Ancient egypt and Ionian city-states are good examples of early civilizations. It has nothing to do with Christianity. People lived in cities long before Christianity and Ancient Egypt civilization was much more advanced than any part of europe even milennium before. And also, don't forget the Chinese civ, which we always forget/don't care because "they are ugly yellow? people".

Nomadic herder lifestlye of early Turks come from Indo-Europeans; They were nomadic pastorals in the Eurasian Steppe and Turkic peoples were descended from Aryans. (Thanks HulaguHan)

"They were in essence a pirate culture." Is a very biased sentence. Like, it was only Turks and nothing else, Greeks were just angels with spears moving around. No, pls bro don't do that. Can i remind you date of Magna Carta ? It's 1215, long after Turks entered Anatolia.

If you want to comment on history, leave your Greek nationalism outside, please.
    This has nothing to do with Greek history. And I think you misinterpreted some things of which I stated. First of all, I didn't argue that Europeans created superior civilization because of genetics or Christianity. I simply stated that they were more advanced than Central Asians, but more decadent, in part due to Christianity. I argued that climate, geography and population density were key factors.

Yet, the person who started this thread argued that certain genes make Turks strong warriors. I suspect that he came to the conclusion because of conquests in the late Middle Ages. Rather, I would say that genetics was not the key factor for the Turkic conquests. If anything, I would give the genetic advantage to the Europeans. But perhaps only slightly. But it's not just about genes. Rather culture and religion can play an enormous factor. The fact is that Turkic people were rough, less civilized and culturally inferior people compared to the people they conquered. This is a very common phenomenon.in history

In ancient Greece for example, the less advanced, rougher Macedonians, formerly nomads who descended from the mountains North central Greece, subjugated the culturally superior, but increasingly decadent Athenians. The Macedonians were quite ruthless at that. And if they weren't, I am sure they would not have managed to put the Athenians aside. As for the central Asians, fact is that Turks, Huns, Mongols were not the most civil of people and butchered their way into Europe and even China. After all, the Chinese build their wall to keep the Mongolians out.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor12 View Post

This has nothing to do with Greek history. And I think you misinterpreted some things of which I stated. First of all, I didn't argue that Europeans created superior civilization because of genetics or Christianity. I simply stated that they were more advanced than Central Asians, but more decadent, in part due to Christianity. I argued that climate, geography and population density were key factors.

Yet, the person who started this thread argued that certain genes make Turks strong warriors. I suspect that he came to the conclusion because of conquests in the late Middle Ages. Rather, I would say that genetics was not the key factor for the Turkic conquests. If anything, I would give the genetic advantage to the Europeans. But perhaps only slightly. But it's not just about genes. Rather culture and religion can play an enormous factor. The fact is that Turkic people were rough, less civilized and culturally inferior people compared to the people they conquered. This is a very common phenomenon.in history

In ancient Greece for example, the less advanced, rougher Macedonians, formerly nomads who descended from the mountains North central Greece, subjugated the culturally superior, but increasingly decadent Athenians. The Macedonians were quite ruthless at that. And if they weren't, I am sure they would not have managed to put the Athenians aside. As for the central Asians, fact is that Turks, Huns, Mongols were not the most civil of people and butchered their way into Europe and even China. After all, the Chinese build their wall to keep the Mongolians out.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianatomia View Post
    I don't want to continue arguing with you because you're trying to resemble Turks as inferior barbarians which destroyed a decent civilization, in a very disrespectful way. No, just no. Christianity destroyed Anatolian hellenic civilization, in very simple words. Don't search your enemy in Turks or other religions. Look inside, if you have bravery and honor.

Chinese wall ? Do you know anything about Chinese expansion ? Do you know where were original homelands of Turkic (And Mongolian) nomads? Inside or outside of that "Wall" ?

Do you know Turks had the best war gear at the time ? Do you know about iron and other metal works of them ? NO. Because, "how can barbarian pirates have technology?!?"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 09:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Japhethite: Indoeuropean. Sarmatian. Poldeutsch.
    Ancestry
    Rzeczpospolita - the only Republic which was a Kingdom.
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    Singen.
    Religion
    Christian Yahwism aka Arianism.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,490
    Given: 10,741

0 Not allowed!

And?

Last Online