Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Busting anthropological myths part 1: North Caucasus people(Chechens, and others) are European/white

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    the two genes most relevant to lighter skin colour in Europe originated in the Middle East and the Caucasus about 22,000 to 28,000 years ago, and were carried to Anatolia by about 8,500 years ago, where their carriers became associated with the Neolithic Revolution. CHG / pre-CHG seems to be the population that mutated a gene for lighter skin that then got to Europeans from them so European light skin seems to have appeared somewhere near the southwestern shores of the Caspian Sea
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You didn't bust any myths. Literally no one on anthroforums thinks this, except like maybe 1-2 weird Georgians I've seen on here. IRL sure, but who gives a fuck about that, there are people that think black people are just white people with literal black skin.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Banned
    Last Online
    10-01-2022 @ 12:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance - Native Brazilian - Celtic - North African - Mediterranean - African
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,702
    Given: 85

0 Not allowed!

Many people I conversated before knew chechens and other are not europeans. But Armenia and Georgia were not very sure, so now its confirmed they are not europeans?

Last Online
    02-19-2024 @ 05:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ancestry
    Kazbek district
    Country
    Russia
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 522

0 Not allowed!

Trouble is right. It's no a coincidence Russians call us a Black people! That's a real Caucasian singing hymn of Ichkeria!

Last Online
    02-19-2024 @ 05:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ancestry
    Kazbek district
    Country
    Russia
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 522

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    This will be part of a series of anthropological myths that exist in people's minds, whether on these forums or real life that I will seek to demolish with facts and logic.
    Caucasus people never be considered European. All old-school anthropologists considered us as aborigines of West Asia. They considered us White not because of relatedness to Europeans but because we are part of Caucasoid race.
    Simply false, the various people of the Caucasus have diversity within themselves but none can be considered European or clustering anywhere near Europeans. In fact, they are decidedly closer to West Asians than anything else. Their phenotypes also appear closer to West Asians, albeit lighter than most.
    Agree. Before invasions of Indo-Europeans and Semites West Asia was populated by our relatives (Hurrians, Urartians, Hattians). And because of it Armenian, Kurd and Assyrian are close to Georgian than to Albanian, Pamiri and Yemeni.
    Unlike Europeans, all Caucasus groups have substantial ancestry from CHG(Caucasus Hunter Gatherers), a type of ancestry that is largely alien to Europe. Some CHG-like admixture reached Europe via Indo-European groups who contained it, but for the most part it's quite distinct even from that.
    Yes
    Some groups like Chechens and North Ossetians have a decent chunk of Indo European Yamnaya ancestry which is roughly similar to the amount you see in southern European groups(about 30%). But they also have a ton of CHG on top of it. This makes them distinct. Other groups like Georgians lack any Indo-European ancestry whatsoever and are even heavier on CHG.
    Our Yamnaya ancestry came from Sarmatians who came from Asia.

Russians living near the Volga are still closer to British Isles people than they are to Chechens in Grozny.
    Yes. Russians/Ukrainians are recent settlers while our ancestors lived in Caucasus from the time immemorial.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-30-2024 @ 08:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,348
    Given: 369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    The skin tone of Magdelanians/El miron cluster are a mystery and 26,000 year old Dzudzuana sample were never really tested for pigmentation SNPs so Nuzrat got that one out his arse. Do you think SLC24A existed common west eurasian HG 20,000 years ago? I know we lack accurate skin gene predictions for WHG but they seem to have processed IRF4 genes which linked TYR expression, basically melanocyte master regulator MITF binds to IRF4 which recruit the transcription factor activator protein 2α (TFAP2A), expression of IRF4 seems to activate expression of the gene encoding the pigmentation enzyme Tyrosinase (TYR). I don't buy into WHG being dark, I mean UHG+Basal Anatolian hunter Gatherer is lighter than WHG? Seems fishy to me

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsid View Post
    The skin tone of Magdelanians/El miron cluster are a mystery and 26,000 year old Dzudzuana sample were never really tested for pigmentation SNPs so Nuzrat got that one out his arse. Do you think SLC24A existed common west eurasian HG 20,000 years ago? I know we lack accurate skin gene predictions for WHG but they seem to have processed IRF4 genes which linked TYR expression, basically melanocyte master regulator MITF binds to IRF4 which recruit the transcription factor activator protein 2α (TFAP2A), expression of IRF4 seems to activate expression of the gene encoding the pigmentation enzyme Tyrosinase (TYR). I don't buy into WHG being dark, I mean UHG+Basal Anatolian hunter Gatherer is lighter than WHG? Seems fishy to me
    Yes, I think SLC24A existed in SE Euro or Ukrainian late paleo HGs, likely earlier than 20k years ago, ala this UHG you mention, although they wouldn't have been like Dzudzuana(Dzudzuana is already like Anatolian farmers/Anatolian HG, a mix of unknown Euro HG and something more southern, and without any ANE). Not much else can really explain the presence of SLC24A in all of Afontova Gora, Anatolian Farmers, Scandinavian Hunter Gatherers(technically EHG is supposed to have a small bit of CHG, but Afontova Gora and certain groups of EEFs aren't, at all. They have 0.), etc.
    oldschool anthropology

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    Yes, I think SLC24A existed in SE Euro or Ukrainian late paleo HGs, likely earlier than 20k years ago, ala this UHG you mention, although they wouldn't have been like Dzudzuana(Dzudzuana is already like Anatolian farmers/Anatolian HG, a mix of unknown Euro HG and something more southern, and without any ANE). Not much else can really explain the presence of SLC24A in all of Afontova Gora, Anatolian Farmers, Scandinavian Hunter Gatherers(technically EHG is supposed to have a small bit of CHG, but Afontova Gora and certain groups of EEFs aren't, at all. They have 0.), etc.
    If that is the case, we will have to look back to the Kostenki-Sunghir-Buran Kaya days

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hajimurad View Post
    Caucasus people never be considered European. All old-school anthropologists considered us as aborigines of West Asia. They considered us White not because of relatedness to Europeans but because we are part of Caucasoid race.

Agree. Before invasions of Indo-Europeans and Semites West Asia was populated by our relatives (Hurrians, Urartians, Hattians). And because of it Armenian, Kurd and Assyrian are close to Georgian than to Albanian, Pamiri and Yemeni.

Yes

Our Yamnaya ancestry came from Sarmatians who came from Asia.

Yes. Russians/Ukrainians are recent settlers while our ancestors lived in Caucasus from the time immemorial.
    Yamnaya ancestry in Caucasus predates Sarmatians or written history in the region.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-23-2021 @ 06:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EM78GREENSAVANNAH's best friend
    Ethnicity
    Bessarabian Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,158
    Given: 4,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsid View Post
    Yamnaya ancestry in Caucasus predates Sarmatians or written history in the region.
    It's a mix of Sarmatians and Maykop.
    In Maykop was a lot of Yamnaya traders.

Think of them as Russians in the Caucasus, such as these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russians_in_Azerbaijan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information