PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Have you ever had a possible paranormal experience? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Have you ever had a possible paranormal experience?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    mtDNA
    T1a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,030
    Given: 3,130

0 Not allowed!

I had no paranormal experiences in my life. But I heard about one in my family.

My mother told me, that when she was young, she would wake up during the night, feeling some cold breeze, similar to someone blowing air. This happed a few times. She would then see, a presence similar in appearance to smoke, on the hallway in front of her room. Which would not move. But once, it had the resemblance of her father's/ my grandfather's face. She would begin to pray and it would slowly disappear. She spoke with her parents, they talked to a priest and reached the conclusion it could be the spirit of a person. And that person, they concluded, might be a dead sister of my grandfather, which took an interest in "magic" while she was living. And because of her sin, her soul couldn't pass on the other side. The individual in question, was a superstitious countryside woman, not an actual witch. But anyways, her living relatives prayed and offered some alms for her soul. After that, my mother said she was never disturbed by her "spirit" again.

When I was younger, I was so intrigued by this story and would ask mom, how was it possible to happen. I do believe, she didn't made the whole thing up. While she was telling me about this, she was showing me, that she was getting goosebumps. And I don't think that's fakeable.
    But I thought about it, and this paranormal experience was happening to her, always after she was falling asleep. And never during the day time, for example. And only happened to her, in the whole family. So, I wonder if it wasn't actually, some sort of oneirophrenia. Perhaps she was in a state of confusion between dreaming and awakening, when bits of a dream can merge with the reality...making the dream seem more realistic.
    Last edited by Cybele; 06-13-2022 at 01:58 AM.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,288
    Given: 8,205

0 Not allowed!

No. But the phenomenon is unfortunately real beyond all the reasonable doubt. Unfortunately because it clearly shows unexplained hostility towards humans. We have so much evidence already, but if it just doesn't gonna fall under our microscopes, we jus't can't say anything.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information