Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a woman’s physical attractiveness affects a man’s willingness to approach?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,211
    Given: 15,984

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    i try to be open minded when i’m listening to stuff so i can figure out if it’s true or not. i didn’t take it to heart, but i was thinking is there a relation between the two?

the general consensus thus far is that the approachability is directly affected by the attitude they project.
    Well here’s the way that I look at it.. if a guy wasn’t attracted to you why would he go out of his way to approach you? That makes no sense.

Your friend is obviously standoffish and what she told you really reflects on her personality. Maybe if she worked on that, she too would be more approachable and receive more attention from males. But that’s the problem with females, we can be so competitive and compare each other to one another.

You’re not ugly and you’re a very nice person. I’ve said it before but your warmth really radiates even from online. Don’t take what she said to heart. She needs to work on herself.. men can detect an ugly personality.
    What’s done in darkness will come to light

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Thracian, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian/ Norwegian mix
    Ancestry
    Romanian (mother), Norwegian(father)
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Oslo
    Y-DNA
    R-L48
    mtDNA
    W
    Politics
    Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,426
    Given: 4,139

5 Not allowed!

Back in 2016, it was actually my first night going out clubbing, I was a bit drunk, but not too much. This attractive woman started twerking on me, then her friend signaled her to "turn around" and she did, looked at me disgusted and left. That has stuck with me since then. I was a bit chubby then and not so groomed, but still, I was not that ugly...
    This is basically an anecdote that proves why a lot of lads do not approach women above average for the most part unless they have low social inhibition or they handle rejection very good. Women can be scary creatures and they do not realize it for the most part. Some women, for some reason, simply brutally rejects dudes and they can forget about it tomorrow, but it will stick with the guy for a long time.
    I also think that guys who are looking for a quick fuck tend to lower their standards significantly compared to guys looking for more long term stuff. There are lots of factors involved, but I can at least guarantee that a 4 and a 7 gets about the same numbers of approaches in a nightclub. My money would be on the 4 getting more.

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,167
    Given: 58,939

1 Not allowed!

when i was younger and i used to wait at bus stops or walk down the street, i’ve had guys pull over to try and pick me up. one guy even drove off the street and blocked the sidewalk with the car to talk to me. i’ve stayed at home a lot, so the number has decreased since i don’t make contact with other people. when i was working before covid after my divorce from my ex husband, male customers would talk to me and i’d be fine with it, but then they started coming multiple times and i saw them waiting to be served by me, even ask me personal questions in small quantities, but i’m hyper aware about this kind of thing. i remember quite a few times when i would be bagging stuff and some male customers would even stroke my hands and wrists. i remember a few times over my life having to hide in my place of work because of men following me around to try and talk to me.

i was talking to someone about this, saying i don’t have a problem attracting men. her reasoning was that i was less attractive than her so men on average hit on me more because i’m an easy target and they figure since they can’t have the hot girl, they’ll settle for what they can get. i’m trying to understand this.
    She who said that is a asshole and jealous
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    "For wise and good men always feel disinclined to hurt those that are of much less strength than themselves"
    "Truth and Virtue do not necessarily belong to wealth and Power and distinctions of big mansions"
    "To abuse and insult, is inconsistent with reason and justice"
    - The Prophet of Indian Nationalism Raja Ram Mohan Roy

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RN97 View Post
    Back in 2016, it was actually my first night going out clubbing, I was a bit drunk, but not too much. This attractive woman started twerking on me, then her friend signaled her to "turn around" and she did, looked at me disgusted and left. That has stuck with me since then. I was a bit chubby then and not so groomed, but still, I was not that ugly...
    This is basically an anecdote that proves why a lot of lads do not approach women above average for the most part unless they have low social inhibition or they handle rejection very good. Women can be scary creatures and they do not realize it for the most part. Some women, for some reason, simply brutally rejects dudes and they can forget about it tomorrow, but it will stick with the guy for a long time.
    I also think that guys who are looking for a quick fuck tend to lower their standards significantly compared to guys looking for more long term stuff. There are lots of factors involved, but I can at least guarantee that a 4 and a 7 gets about the same numbers of approaches in a nightclub. My money would be on the 4 getting more.
    I’d see this happen a lot when I was younger and partied. I always wondered how it impacted guys. A lot of the times it seemed like guys would brush it off like it was nothing. It’s always interesting to see things from a males perspective.

Neighborhood Friendly Nuna <3
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Austronesian
    Ethnicity
    Samoan
    Ancestry
    Samoan
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Longbowman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,533
    Given: 11,712

0 Not allowed!

firstly, sorry that happened to you. that’s never a good feeling. for this reason, i tend to wait to see how the chemistry is with someone else before i pursue them. i don’t like the idea of rejection and would be afraid.

i think my question is more related to long term connections for the reason that you mentioned, standards being lowered.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,924
    Given: 2,964

2 Not allowed!

is there a correlation between the physical attractiveness of a woman and how often she gets hit on?

i’ve been told that the more attractive a woman is, the more men feel like they don’t have a chance with her, so men are unlikely to approach her if she’s an 8 or higher. the reasoning? because they simply don’t have a chance so they don’t even try to get her attention.

so, if a woman is approached regularly, does that mean she’s physically not as attractive, therefore men shoot their shot because they think they have a chance with her?
    Not at all, personality matters the most, some females give approachable and talkative vibes, some look cold and intimidating, regardless of their appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Dark skin is sign of evilness, every dark skinned country is agressive, full with criminality, violented peoples, most crimes were committed by dark skinned peoples. Many of them are follower of Islam (death cult) to spread the voice of Satan who tainted them that's why their skin is dark as their souls. We whites are descedants of angels (thats why our skin is light), we created the human rights, we ended slavery, we created the modern medical science to save lifes etc etc. Thats why the dark skinned peoples are so jealous for us and they want to destroy everything what the angles created.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Thracian, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian/ Norwegian mix
    Ancestry
    Romanian (mother), Norwegian(father)
    Country
    Norway
    Region
    Oslo
    Y-DNA
    R-L48
    mtDNA
    W
    Politics
    Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,426
    Given: 4,139

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    I’d see this happen a lot when I was younger and partied. I always wondered how it impacted guys. A lot of the times it seemed like guys would brush it off like it was nothing. It’s always interesting to see things from a males perspective.
    A guy will never openly admit that they're hurt by a rejection to a women. Sometimes I get it that guy's can be pesky and not take no for an answer but most friends I have and me would take any rejection and leave it there. I've heard the "I have a BF" BS 100 times and if that's the way a woman can reject me comfortably I have no issue. It's just the fact that some women see getting approached as a get out of jail for free card to being an asshole. I think this also happens because women are often fed the idea that men are sexual harrassers that don't leave women alone...

Ortho Alpha Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman Orthodox Christian
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,070
    Given: 14,263

0 Not allowed!

How is it the other way around with men?

The more attractive a man realy looks the more afraid women are approaching him or showing interest?
    The Talmud tells us that the only language the Torah could be translated into elegantly is Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Demons don't scare me.
    Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    They should be scared of me.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

A guy will never openly admit that they're hurt by a rejection to a women. Sometimes I get it that guy's can be pesky and not take no for an answer but most friends I have and me would take any rejection and leave it there. I've heard the "I have a BF" BS 100 times and if that's the way a woman can reject me comfortably I have no issue. It's just the fact that some women see getting approached as a get out of jail for free card to being an asshole. I think this also happens because women are often fed the idea that men are sexual harrassers that don't leave women alone...
    Lol I’m guilty of pulling the “I have a bf” card haha but I’ve always felt like that was much more polite than having a disgusted face or saying something rude. No one likes rejection but you can at least be polite about it.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tauromachos View Post
    How is it the other way around with men?

The more attractive a man realy looks the more afraid women are approaching him or showing interest?
    Absolutely. I think most women are afraid to approach a man first. I guess we figure if they’re interested in us, they’d approach us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information