Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am i closer to subsaharan africans if i am southern?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 11:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,347
    Given: 369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Celto-Germanic View Post
    Is this actually true? And to any substantial degree? African physiological features have much more in common with asians than europeans.
    Yes, because of basal Eurasians. Neolithic farmers from the Near East had introduced basal Eurasian into the European continent and considering that Southern Euros are more Neolithic admix compared to N. Euros, they may shift closer to SSA populations compared to Northern euros while both N. euros and S. Euros shift closer to SSA populations compared to east Asians/Pre-Columbian Americans.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Celto-Germanic View Post
    Is this actually true? And to any substantial degree? African physiological features have much more in common with asians than europeans.
    Also SSA have similar some facial features with Asians, but not body physics IMO. Euros and Africans got far more similarities in body plan than either do with Asians

Last Online
    Today @ 02:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,329
    Given: 2,699

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsid View Post
    Yes, because of basal Eurasians. Neolithic farmers from the Near East had introduced basal Eurasian into the European continent and considering that Southern Euros are more Neolithic admix compared to N. Euros, they may shift closer to SSA populations compared to Northern euros while both N. euros and S. Euros shift closer to SSA populations compared to east Asians/Pre-Columbian Americans.
    It is true that Europeans are closer to SSA than East Asians are, but it is not true at all that Europeans are closer to SSA than to East Asians. PCA tools such as G25, made to give more resolution to recent genetic drift, can be very misleading in these comparisons. Formal tools such as TreeMix shows Europeans forming a clade with East Asians to the exclusion of all Africans.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    It is true that Europeans are closer to SSA than East Asians are, but it is not true at all that Europeans are closer to SSA than to East Asians. PCA tools such as G25, made to give more resolution to recent genetic drift, can be very misleading in these comparisons. Formal tools such as TreeMix shows Europeans forming a clade with East Asians to the exclusion of all Africans.
    Europeans forms a stem with East Asians to the exclusion of Africans, yes, but my main point was that basal Eurasians caused some shift in European affinity to SSA compared to other Crown Eurasians like E. Asians/Americans/Oceanians. I meant shift not that they are closer to SSA than Asians (which is ridiculous considering Euros are still mostly crown Eurasians)

Last Online
    Today @ 02:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,329
    Given: 2,699

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsid View Post
    Europeans forms a stem with East Asians to the exclusion of Africans, yes, but my main point was that basal Eurasians caused some shift in European affinity to SSA compared to other Crown Eurasians like E. Asians/Americans/Oceanians. I meant shift not that they are closer to SSA than Asians (which is ridiculous considering Euros are still mostly crown Eurasians)
    Yeah, i'd even argue that we should see Basal Eurasian as still African since it appears to have been at the very root of the tree, certainly sharing more drift with Mota than with Crowns. I also doubt this Neanderthal-diluting ancestry in Eurasians is solely from a monolithic and stationary Basal Eurasian group, there were continuous Out of Africa movements following the first thrust of the would-be Crown Eurasians. The other way around too, as can be seen in Iberomaurusians and later in West Africans.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yeah, i'd even argue that we should see Basal Eurasian as still African since it appears to have been at the very root of the tree, certainly sharing more drift with Mota than with Crowns. I also doubt this Neanderthal-diluting ancestry in Eurasians is solely from a monolithic and stationary Basal Eurasian group, there were continuous Out of Africa movements following the first thrust of the would-be Crown Eurasians. The other way around too, as can be seen in Iberomaurusians and later in West Africans.
    Basal Eurasians share more drift with mota than Crowns? Wow that's new news to me. I thought that was the case for the Ancestral North African (ANA) in Iberomaurusians but not Basals.

NETTOYEUR INTERGALACTIQUE Bmack's Avatar
    Last Online
    11-23-2020 @ 08:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British Turk
    Ethnicity
    Ultimate steppe warlord.
    Ancestry
    Entry of the Gods into Valhalla
    Country
    Adyghea
    Y-DNA
    R1a Deutsches Bolanda
    Taxonomy
    Kelto-Turanid
    Politics
    In the end, there can be only one.
    Hero
    "Those who fought for a better world"
    Religion
    C☆
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 20

0 Not allowed!

Yes, since basal eurasian it is said to have been more closer to "SSA" than the dark skinned WHG ppl. But remember they're only closer to the population before negroid morphology was developed. Not actual SSA ancestry, more like proto-SSA.

Last Online
    08-24-2023 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Dacian
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

There is something that i don't understand. For exemple, armenians don't have mongoloid admixture, the yellow bar popping in the results and eastern europeans are a good 2 to 3% mongoloid.: https://forwhattheywereweare.files.w...e-caucasus.png

How in the pca plot, armenians, kurds and iraqi jews pull more toward east asians than eastern europeans if they do not have any mongoloid admixture. It is a more ancient admixture that they can't detect?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information