Italy
    Region
    Sicily
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,595
    Given: 1,261

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    let’s take a look at your schedule and diet. i believe most changes can be as simple as tweaking either one of these things. i quit drinking coffee in late august, and while i miss the flavor, i haven’t looked back.

anyway, my first suggestion would be to trade in caffeine for natural sugars from fruit. it could give you the extra boost you’ve been needing in the morning. (:

No time right now, but I can already tell I didn't eat anything because I never feel hungry in the morning. Do you think there's a correlation?

Neighborhood Friendly Nuna <3
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Austronesian
    Ethnicity
    Samoan
    Ancestry
    Samoan
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Longbowman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,533
    Given: 11,712

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Parça do Neymar View Post
    No time right now, but I can already tell I didn't eat anything because I never feel hungry in the morning. Do you think there's a correlation?
    more than likely. your body is craving stimulation, hence the caffeine. i would suggest trying for a simple fruit, depending on the rest of your diet, to replace caffeine cravings.

Last Online
    04-22-2022 @ 02:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Russian, German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,448
    Given: 918

0 Not allowed!

Dear Metal:

How can I deal with my jackrabbit libido during this pandemic, and all of its subsequent restrictions. I cannot risk bringing home this illness to my immunocompromised parents; ergo, I haven't been hooking up with anyone. I don't enjoy self-pleasure, and it's been difficult for me to redirect my frustration into other activities.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Austronesian
    Ethnicity
    Samoan
    Ancestry
    Samoan
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Longbowman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by barnumandbailey View Post
    Dear Metal:

How can I deal with my jackrabbit libido during this pandemic, and all of its subsequent restrictions. I cannot risk bringing home this illness to my immunocompromised parents; ergo, I haven't been hooking up with anyone. I don't enjoy self-pleasure, and it's been difficult for me to redirect my frustration into other activities.
    i have a friend that’s somewhat going through something like this.

personally, nothing can replace sex, so let’s just throw that out there. the idea here isn’t to find activities that equate sex, but to find activities to bear your restless energy into. have you considered exercising, like bike riding or jogging? if not that, maybe some type of hobby that you can bear your mental energy into. let me know what you think.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Russian, German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

i have a friend that’s somewhat going through something like this.

personally, nothing can replace sex, so let’s just throw that out there. the idea here isn’t to find activities that equate sex, but to find activities to bear your restless energy into. have you considered exercising, like bike riding or jogging? if not that, maybe some type of hobby that you can bear your mental energy into. let me know what you think.
    Absolutely. I exercise a lot, but it only seems to exacerbate the issue.

Aside from that, there's not a whole lot else that I do. I don't read much, anymore, and cooking doesn't bring me a sufficient level of fulfillment and satisfaction. Shooting people on Call of Duty's online multiplayer function satiates the cravings, but for a very short, insignificant period of time.

I was considering measures as drastic a finding a cheap place to temporarily reside while I go wild, but this presents a whole different set of issues.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,206
    Given: 15,978

0 Not allowed!

Dear Metal,

any advice to help with my fear of failure. I have a lot of ideas that I want to pursue but my fear of not executing them in the way that I have in mind prevents me from following it through.
    What’s done in darkness will come to light

Aging Tom Cat Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian, Celtic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Ancestry
    Northern England, SE Ireland, Northern Ireland, Castilla Spain
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    R-DF27 (R1b1a2a1a2a) R-Y3267
    mtDNA
    H6A1B
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,996
    Given: 10,535

1 Not allowed!

so, let me ask abo about this because this is out of my expertise! :3

what about it particularly are you struggling with?

with any online classes, i would create a schedule with corresponding alarms for when you can do each class. i like to use time blocks of 30 minutes in excel and color code them. i schedule everything, including breaks, work, and sleep.

for me, the colors helped me memorize my schedule arrangement and the alarms helped me stay on track.

here’s an example i pulled off of google:

let me know if this helps.

my friend had this issue, and she kept going to the ER until they finally found a hole in her stomach that caused her stomach acid to interfere with her digestive system.

if you don’t experience this with all foods, i recommend keeping a food journal to keep track of how each food/drink affects your tummy. see if you can make a diet based on what doesn’t irritate your stomach.

either way, doctors are not infallible. your health can’t be replaced. i would also keep a journal( maybe even the same journal as the food one) of your symptoms, complete with times and a list of what is happening, and speak to your doctor again or get a second opinion. also, you may be able to tie your symptoms to certain behaviors or patterns.

same advice as above :3

what’s your current sleeping schedule like?

i’ve read before that sometimes to inform your body that it’s time to go to sleep and decompress, you have to have a night ritual to remind your body to relax.

i noticed while my biorhythms were off, i used to require a completely dark room and mood music, like rain or ocean sounds playing at night. i needed this for a year before my body started fully relaxing enough to sleep again.

i’m curious to know about your sleeping routines. what do you feel like you need for a better nights sleep?
    i generally go to bed around 10,30...but watch tv in bed and have my laptop with me....often times i need to watch some ASMR videos on youtube to make me feel sleepy.....i never sleep through the night anymore.....often wake up at 4-5ish....and have to go for a wee....many times cant go back to sleep after this

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Austronesian
    Ethnicity
    Samoan
    Ancestry
    Samoan
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Longbowman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by barnumandbailey View Post
    Absolutely. I exercise a lot, but it only seems to exacerbate the issue.

Aside from that, there's not a whole lot else that I do. I don't read much, anymore, and cooking doesn't bring me a sufficient level of fulfillment and satisfaction. Shooting people on Call of Duty's online multiplayer function satiates the cravings, but for a very short, insignificant period of time.

I was considering measures as drastic a finding a cheap place to temporarily reside while I go wild, but this presents a whole different set of issues.
    the latter,
    if you did, i would recommend quarantining two weeks afterwards and getting a test before you go back home. i’m not too familiar with male sexuality and the ins and outs of what can help ease it. let me ask around for viable answers and get back to you about this.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Russian, German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

the latter,
    if you did, i would recommend quarantining two weeks afterwards and getting a test before you go back home. I’m not too familiar with male sexuality and the ins and outs of what can help ease it. let me ask around for viable answers and get back to you about this.
    Thanks for your help. To address the bolded text, let me just say this: It sucks.

Last Online
    03-30-2021 @ 12:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Sicilian
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Sicily
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,595
    Given: 1,261

0 Not allowed!

more than likely. your body is craving stimulation, hence the caffeine. i would suggest trying for a simple fruit, depending on the rest of your diet, to replace caffeine cravings.
    I guess papaya is a good candidate for breakfast, then banana before going running.

It's going to be a herculean task to eat both at morning, but I'll try haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information