Punjabi
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 710

0 Not allowed!

Default Muslims as ethno-cultural groups

Do you think being Muslim is going to be considered as an ethno-cultural identity in Western World? In my opinion, yes, Muslims are going to considered as an ethno-cultural group in Western World in a couple of centuries, just being Jewish in the Western World is now considered as an ethno-cultural identity, although Judaism is originally a religious identity. What do you think? Do you think Muslim of the Western World will be an ethno-cultural group too?

Edit:
    I guess I should have been clearer and should have said there will be ethno-cultural groups such as German Muslim, Swedish Muslim, American Muslim, British Muslim, Canadian Muslim and etc.
    Last edited by princeton90; 11-17-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

No.

Most of the West didn't even realise that Muslims existed until 9/11. Muslims in the West don't practice cronyism with other Muslims like Jews do, negro and brown Muslims don't hang together quite often, they normally stick together politically but usually along ethnic lines. The whole fellow person of colour nonsense plays a part as well.

If one minority gets to a position where they can hire people, you start seeing a lot of that particular minority where they are, they will pay into a trust and hire each other.

Britain have the most devoted and even extreme Muslims outside of the Islamic world in the West, within the Muslim apologetics and debating scene, most of the hardcore Muslim apologists and debaters come from a UK background. And I've heard scholars give out praise to the "British Muslim scene" for it's fire and devotion to upholding everything Islamic and being unapologetic about Islam.

There are tons of Salafis in Britain, even the more moderate sects like Barelvi are very very devoted and live Islamic lifestyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Last Online
    01-09-2024 @ 07:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    No.

Most of the West didn't even realise that Muslims existed until 9/11. Muslims in the West don't practice cronyism with other Muslims like Jews do, negro and brown Muslims don't hang together quite often, they normally stick together politically but usually along ethnic lines. The whole fellow person of colour nonsense plays a part as well.

If one minority gets to a position where they can hire people, you start seeing a lot of that particular minority where they are, they will pay into a trust and hire each other.

Britain have the most devoted and even extreme Muslims outside of the Islamic world in the West, within the Muslim apologetics and debating scene, most of the hardcore Muslim apologists and debaters come from a UK background. And I've heard scholars give out praise to the "British Muslim scene" for it's fire and devotion to upholding everything Islamic and being unapologetic about Islam.

There are tons of Salafis in Britain, even the more moderate sects like Barelvi are very very devoted and live Islamic lifestyles.
    I’ve seen a lot of Muslim-Muslim couples with different ethnicities and AFAIK, Muslims’ marrying with a non-Muslim is very uncommon. They usually marry the other Muslims without having an ethnic bias.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-18-2021 @ 06:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    South Indian/Sri Lankan looking
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,064
    Given: 1,589

0 Not allowed!

This seems to be a phenomenon occurring in America due to the diverse nature of Muslims there. Not Europe though.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I guess I should have been clearer and should have said there will be ethno-cultural groups such as German Muslim, Swedish Muslim, American Muslim, British Muslim, Canadian Muslim and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    This seems to be a phenomenon occurring in America due to the diverse nature of Muslims there. Not Europe though.
    I have been to Germany and I encountered mixed ethnicity Muslim-Muslim couples such as Pakistani-Turkish, Turkish-Bosnian, Turkish-Palestinian couples.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by princeton90 View Post
    I’ve seen a lot of Muslim-Muslim couples with different ethnicities and AFAIK. They usually marry the other Muslims without having an ethnic bias.
    Not true.

Colourism is pretty strong among Muslim Arab and South Asian communities in the US when it comes to marriage.

They even reject Muslim girls who are dark-skinned.

Even among cousins.

They are more worried about preserving their ethnic identity/culture than religion.

They heavily discriminate against negro females.

Although, there is a case of some Saudi woman who abandoned Islam, escaped to Canada, and got blacked lel.

And Arab Muslims discriminate against South Asian Muslims as well.

Only in the UK, many thousands of blacks convert to Islam in jail and brother-up with the Pakis. If racism against blacks is endemic among Pakistanis and Arabs in the UK, we would see riots and race violence every few years, they both experience the same racism and struggles, grow up listening to the same music, smoking the same weed, etc. so it's quite normal to see them mixing together in relationships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Waiting for Dragon Age Dreadwolf & Berserk Radimir's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 10:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    God hand
    Country
    Vatican City
    Taxonomy
    Bishōnen
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, my mother and Griffith from Berserk
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 936
    Given: 3,026

0 Not allowed!

Not true.

Colourism is pretty strong among Muslim Arab and South Asian communities in the US when it comes to marriage.

They even reject Muslim girls who are dark-skinned.

Even among cousins.

They are more worried about preserving their ethnic identity/culture than religion.

They heavily discriminate against negro females.

Although, there is a case of some Saudi woman who abandoned Islam, escaped to Canada, and got blacked lel.

And Arab Muslims discriminate against South Asian Muslims as well.

Only in the UK, many thousands of blacks convert to Islam in jail and brother-up with the Pakis. If racism against blacks is endemic among Pakistanis and Arabs in the UK, we would see riots and race violence every few years, they both experience the same racism and struggles, grow up listening to the same music, smoking the same weed, etc. so it's quite normal to see them mixing together in relationships.
    Facts, some of the most racist people, I have seen were Middle Eastern. It's so ironic in the West. Whites have taken great effects to stop racism against people of colour and pass laws to grant freedom and liberty for all regardless of one's race but the same cannot be said for the Middle East. There are no Black Lives Matter, Civil rights movements or MLK or Malcolm X in the Middle East and Liberals are nonexistent over there, if there exists any, they are persecuted and silenced. Nobody even talks about the Arab slave trade which lasted a thousand years and still on-going in some places.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Salkhit 625SNP, Otzi 803SNP, Mik15 798SNP, RISE493 1335SNP, I11456 1024SNP, I7718 980SNP, I9041 512S
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    sub-brachycephalic+Atlanto-Mediterranean+Caucasus-Alpine
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,458
    Given: 1,641

1 Not allowed!

Muslims are very diverse population. South Asians look close to the South Asian Hindu population with number of local marriages even now in India. Similarly South East Asian Muslim looks like a complex Hindu-AustroAsiatic-Arab guy who hasnt forgotten roots yet. Chinese Muslims are being made communist by their govt, So there is no one here a big Muslim ethno-cultural group other than among the core Arab/Berber/Turcic/Iran groups.
    Yfull [B]ID: YF83218 admix -> https://i.ibb.co/NjwQTz6/myherit1.png
    G25 Distance: 1.0778%
    86.2 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA2
    5.2 ITA_Sardinia_C_o:I15940 1.4 ITA_Daunian
    3.6 PAK_Saidu_Sharif_H
    3.6 VK2020_SWE_Gotland_VA:VK464

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What does it mean?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Radimir View Post
    Facts, some of the most racist people, I have seen were Middle Eastern. It's so ironic in the West. Whites have taken great effects to stop racism against people of colour and pass laws to grant freedom and liberty for all regardless of one's race but the same cannot be said for the Middle East. There are no Black Lives Matter, Civil rights movements or MLK or Malcolm X in the Middle East and Liberals are nonexistent over there, if there exists any, they are persecuted and silenced. Nobody even talks about the Arab slave trade which lasted a thousand years and still on-going in some places.
    Quote Originally Posted by tipirneni View Post

Muslims are very diverse population. South Asians look close to the South Asian Hindu population with number of local marriages even now in India. Similarly South East Asian Muslim looks like a complex Hindu-AustroAsiatic-Arab guy who hasnt forgotten roots yet. Chinese Muslims are being made communist by their govt, So there is no one here a big Muslim ethno-cultural group other than among the core Arab/Berber/Turcic/Iran groups.
    When I was in Germany, I encountered Muslim-Muslim couples of mixed ethnic background such as Turkish-Bosnian, Palestinian-Turkish, Turkish-Pakistani. Maybe I am wrong but I think ethnic mixing seems common among Muslim of West Eurasian origin. (I consider Pakistan as a part of West Eurasia unlike India.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information