PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Who contributed more to science and technology: the Brits or the Germans? - Page 11

View Poll Results: Who contributed more to science and technology: the Brits or the Germans?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Brits

5 62.50%
  • The Germans

3 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Who contributed more to science and technology: the Brits or the Germans?

High on life and drunk on knowledge
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:32 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Komid-Atlanto
    Ethnicity
    Canned Hamburger
    Ancestry
    The noble house of Trump
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    I-M438
    mtDNA
    H2a1
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Komid
    Politics
    The Onion News Network
    Hero
    The nesquik mascot
    Religion
    I don't do business over the telephone with the government
    Relationship Status
    Miloshina's simp
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18,481/194
    Given: 35,752/53

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by La Gallega View Post
    He ripped a lot of stuff off; he also was kinda a cuck for not helping with the Manhattan Project.

Potato Power

Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,080/465
    Given: 1,294/190

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    Just like in the case of Maxwell it was about Faraday as well. And there was also Heinrich Hertz proving the existence of electromagnetic waves later. Oliver Heaviside needs to be mentioned too. It is true that Einstein build on previous ideas. But he build well. There are trollish people like Rethel who completely reject Einstein's work and call him a useless person (which is something to be ashamed of as a European) and i had to bring this up. I also saw completely false information while reading through your links (text claiming that Maxwell invented special relativity) which is just stupid. I do agree however that some scientists should be even more popular and Maxwell is one of them, luckily he has been gaining popularity lately. He is that influential. But you can't take Einstein's mark away, no matter how much issues you guys have related to Albert or Jews in general. Albert himself said that he stood on the shoulders of Maxwell and they still shit on Albert calling him a thief. Pretty sad.
    Einstein without absolute tensor calculus, invented/discovered in the late 1800) by Ricci and Levi-Civita , could not have developed his theories....

Last Online
    Today @ 06:13 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gallo-Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    South France, UK
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Descartes
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,225/4
    Given: 898/4

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    But scientific/technological advancement was at snail's pace compared to the last 500 years.

A lot of big numbers, because of classifying each and every small improvement and industrial technology as a new breakthrough to give Northern Europeans the appearance of greatly overshadowing their less corporate, agricultural Southern neighbors. The truth is the bedrock of "western" philosophy, mathematics, architecture, government, and commerce didn't start in the forests of Germania. It was Mesopotamia and the East Med, to which Germanics owe their advancements of said fields to. I find it equivalent to saying the Mongol Empire was the greatest because it was amongst the biggest in history, even if most of it was domination of empty steppes and tribes without proper states.

Nassim Taleb has debunked a lot of these very deceiving Northern "Eurocentric" claims made by fraud Charles Murray. Islamists make similar claims about the Islamic Golden Age and the myth of the Andalusian paradise.
    Last edited by RyoHazuki; 11-21-2020 at 06:24 AM.
    Eurogenes K13: North_Dutch + Spanish_Murcia + West_Scottish + West_Scottish @ 4.395628

G25 Ancient + Modern: Distance: 3.0211% / 0.03021062
    48.2 VK2020_England_Dorset_VA
    19.0 VK2020_Isle_Of_Man_VA
    16.2 Spanish_Pais_Vasco
    10.0 French_Paris
    6.6 Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gallo-Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    South France, UK
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Descartes
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by La Gallega View Post
    What makes you think that the British Isles had a greater contrubtion prior to the Modern Era (A.D. 1500) than Germany?
    Not so much of what they did, but rather what they didn't do. The British Isles were a victim of the Germanic invasions which brought the Dark Ages; they didn't turn back the clock quite like early Germans did.
    Eurogenes K13: North_Dutch + Spanish_Murcia + West_Scottish + West_Scottish @ 4.395628

16.2 Spanish_Pais_Vasco
    10.0 French_Paris

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Taxonomy
    KN + CM
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7,046/74
    Given: 2,971/109

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RyoHazuki View Post
    A lot of big numbers, because of classifying each and every small improvement and industrial technology as a new breakthrough to give Northern Europeans the appearance of greatly overshadowing their less corporate, agricultural Southern neighbors. The truth is the bedrock of "western" philosophy, mathematics, architecture, government, and commerce didn't start in the forests of Germania. It was Mesopotamia and the East Med, to which Germanics owe their advancements of said fields to. I find it equivalent to saying the Mongol Empire was the greatest because it was amongst the biggest in history, even if most of it was domination of empty steppes and tribes without proper states.

Nassim Taleb has debunked a lot of these very deceiving "Eurocentric" claims made by Charles Murray. Islamists make similar claims about the Islamic Golden Age, and the myth of the Andalusian paradise.
    Air Travel, Automobiles, Space Travel, Electronics, the Computer, the Internet, the Industrial Revolution, Steam Power, the Railways, Television, Radio, Tanks, Radar, Modern Medicine, Air-Conditioning, Nuclear Physics, Nuclear Power, Microscopy, the Discovery of Gravity, Telescopes, Refrigerators, The Printing Press, Cinema, Photography, Submarines, Contraceptives, The Discovery of DNA, Genetics, Remote Warfare, Predictive Weather Forecasting, Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, the discovery of Evolution, the discovery and charting of most of the planet, the pendulum clock, the pocket watch, the marine chronometer, jet engines, automated lifts, the flushable toilet, the British Agricultural Revolution, GMO's, The Telegraph, Anesthetic, Antiseptics, The Green Revolution, Rocketry, Lasers, The Scientific Method, the Telephone, Smallpox Vaccine, Penicillin, the discovery of Hydrogen/Carbon/Oxygen/Nitrogen/Helium,, Egyptology, the bicycle, the x-ray, the Internal Combustion Engine, Bacteriology, Paleontology, Pasteurisation, the stethoscope, Plastics, the pneumatic tyre, the washing machine, the lawnmower, Virology, Robotics, A.I. etc etc.....

All in the space of a few centuries. Greatly overshadows any other period in history (I guess you could argue that Sumer overshadows everything by default, simply by being the first civilisation, but aside from that).

And wheeled vehicles/chariots were probably invented on the European Steppe.
    Last edited by Creoda; 11-21-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,080/465
    Given: 1,294/190

I don't understand why Watt is on the top of the list.. He invented nothing.... nothing... nothing.. He had only used old technology without any improvement..

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gallo-Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    South France, UK
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Descartes
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up/Down

Air Travel, Automobiles, Space Travel, Electronics, the Computer, the Internet, the Industrial Revolution, Steam Power, the Railways, Television, Radio, Tanks, Radar, Modern Medicine, Air-Conditioning, Nuclear Physics, Nuclear Power, Microscopy, the Discovery of Gravity, Telescopes, Refrigerators, The Printing Press, Cinema, Photography, Submarines, Contraceptives, The Discovery of DNA, Genetics, Remote Warfare, Predictive Weather Forecasting, Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, the discovery of Evolution, the discovery and charting of most of the planet, the pendulum clock, the pocket watch, the marine chronometer, jet engines, automated lifts, the flushable toilet, the British Agricultural Revolution, GMO's, The Telegraph, Anesthetic, Antiseptics, The Green Revolution, Rocketry, Lasers, The Scientific Method, the Telephone, Smallpox Vaccine, Penicillin, the discovery of Hydrogen/Carbon/Oxygen/Nitrogen/Helium,, Egyptology, the bicycle, the x-ray, the Internal Combustion Engine, Bacteriology, Paleontology, Pasteurisation, the stethoscope, Plastics, the pneumatic tyre, the washing machine, the lawnmower, Virology, Robotics, A.I. etc etc.....

All in the space of a few centuries. Greatly overshadows any other period in history (I guess you could argue that Sumer overshadows everything by default, simply by being the first civilisation, but aside from that).

It's a very materialist view of progress. Which is why I consider each "breakthrough" (IE a streamlining/reintegration of previous discoveries like electricity) to not warrant an overshadowing of previous millenia and historical regions. They look like branches rather than a trunk.

Northern Europe, and to a smaller extent West/Southwest Europe, are the victors and have written history as such. We know each and every minor detail of our people compared to others who hadn't scene glory in those few centuries we rose to global prominence.

16.2 Spanish_Pais_Vasco
    10.0 French_Paris

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,585/56
    Given: 5,650/54

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoEuropean View Post
    I agree also the internet and the telephone aren't the same thing, a telephone is a direct channel, the internet is a series of servers. Wires transporting information go back to the telegraph, the method of delivery of information is not conducive to its most important properties and state.
    Yeah, correct. But explaining such obvious stuff to that guy is an overkill. What I find more alarming is the fact he doesn't get how the general scientific progress works at all.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Taxonomy
    KN + CM
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7,046/74
    Given: 2,971/109

Quote Originally Posted by RyoHazuki View Post
    It's a very materialist view of progress. Which is why I consider each "breakthrough" (IE a streamlining/reintegration of previous discoveries like electricity) to not warrant an overshadowing of previous millenia and historical regions. They look like branches rather than a trunk.

Northern Europe, and to a smaller extent West/Southwest Europe, are the victors and have written history as such. We know each and every minor detail of our people compared to others who hadn't scene glory in those few centuries we rose to global prominence.
    I'd argue that Civilisation has been mostly measured materially, most of the awe surrounding the ancients is for their stone monuments/artwork/wealth, nobody seems to care that they were barbaric by modern standards. But that's only half the achievement of the modern West, evident in what I listed. The scientific understanding of life and the world (and to some extent the Universe) has gone from something very basic/non-existent, to a near complete picture in the last 500 years.

Things like Animal Welfare, Social Welfare, the Abolition of Slavery, Egalitarianism, Environmentalism etc also set us apart from the Ancients/Medievals in a non-material way, to the point where they sometimes feel like another species.
    Last edited by Creoda; 11-22-2020 at 03:57 AM.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3,045/128
    Given: 1,184/88

You really can't. It's basically a form of affirmative action or a handicap comparison, rewarding luck, circumstance, higher birth rates over actual hard work and intelligence.

Whether or not we would have any sort of advanced mathematics without predecessors inventing gradeschool/highschool tier-level math, I don't think that makes the latter more praise worthy.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information