Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Please check Poland.
    It will be very interesting to compare with old anthro data which for Poland I have all and I will post to compare in your thread about it. I guess that blond level diminished but we will see.
    I intend to do so soon. North/south division. Data for 1 or 2 states might be released before Polish one but your country's results will come out rather soon.
    After not shaving for a while:

Banned
    Last Online
    11-25-2020 @ 05:55 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Asked and answered
    Country
    Mexico
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 44

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade View Post
    You are quoting the wrong man. While author of some surveys and a pretty good poster himself, in this thread Lucas is quoting my results.
    This is the 13th country I have based a survey on after The Netherlands (in two parts), England, Ireland, Italy, Croatia, France, Bulgaria, Sweden, Hungary, Greece, Portugal and Estonia. I intend to cover Europe + various other areas. Currently working on several states, including Turkey, Iran and Egypt (if we are gonna speak about non-European areas).
    Is there a chance you might do Israel or it too heterogeneous?

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by La Gallega View Post
    Is there a chance you might do Israel or it too heterogeneous?
    I might do it but I don't intend this to be soon.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Polish and distant Ashkenazi Jewish.
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Shqiptar in disguise
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1 Hyperborean
    Taxonomy
    Moderately not ugly something
    Politics
    Social Liberalism - apparently.
    Hero
    Goofy
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,604
    Given: 48,334

0 Not allowed!

I am surprised how light Southern Germans turned out, especially in eye colour (70%!), actually lighter-eyed than people from Central Germany according to your collected data.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,187
    Given: 3

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    I am surprised how light Southern Germans turned out, especially in eye colour (70%!), actually lighter-eyed than people from Central Germany according to your collected data.
    This is an amateur’s work. It is not a professional or proper job, very subjective. You are not the only one who was surprised. I well know that Southern Germans are darker as a whole in hair and eye color than the other German groups.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-08-2021 @ 12:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    --
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,463
    Given: 12,450

2 Not allowed!

Stereotypes that people spread in the internet are not necessarily the same than reality.
    Lots of people in the internet like to claim things about certain countries when in reality they didn't even set a foot in these places.

For example, a lot of people here imply that French are swarthy Med looking but in reality, most French look no much different of Belgians, Germans, etc.
    I have seen myself a group of French in real life and many looked straight up Nordid.

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

They did score as less blond but not dramatically either.
    Besides, every state has its variations. Sometimes a certain trait peaks in one part of the country, and another one - in a different part of it.
    Obviously blondism among Germans peaks in the north, while rufosity is most common in the south.
    In light eyes total the difference between the regions ain't dramatic at all.
    People here generally like to exaggerate things. Northern Germans are often portrayed as Swedes, while southerners are depicted as on par with Italians - both stupid and incorrect claims.
    I stick to my point of Germany standing (in terms of phenotype, light eyes frequency and blondism value) between The Netherlands and Hungary - because of both my observations in reality and my statistics.
    Last edited by The Blade; 11-22-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,434
    Given: 5,750

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kivan View Post
    Stereotypes that people spread in the internet are not necessarily the same than reality.
    Lots of people in the internet like to claim things about certain countries when in reality they didn't even set a foot in these places.

For example, a lot of people here imply that French are swarthy Med looking but in reality, most French look no much different of Belgians, Germans, etc.
    I have seen myself a group of French in real life and many looked straight up Nordid.
    I think Nordid elements among the French are generally in the minority, blonde hair is common in France but it is often combined with tanned skin and the hair is usually darker blonde which means that they are less Nordid on the whole than the Dutch who frequently combine light hair with very pale skin.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ethnicity
    German & Romanian
    Ancestry
    Germanic, Slavic, Thracian
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1b1a2b3
    Taxonomy
    European
    Politics
    conservative
    Hero
    Gunnar from Njall's Saga
    Religion
    atheist
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,518
    Given: 9,857

2 Not allowed!

I think you over-exaggerate blondism in your results (not just of Germans). Coon's results of Fehmarn males (where Germans are at their blondest: a few miles off homeland of all Germanics: Scandinavia):

https://www.theapricity.com/snpa/index2.htm

The hair is brown as a rule among adults; 54 per cent could be classed as dark brown (Fischer #27, 4-7); the rest are divided between golden and ashen shades of light brown and blond. The hair as a rule darkens steadily throughout life; at the onset of senility, 80 per cent of all non-white hair observed was dark brown, as against 7 per cent at the age of 6 years. By contrast, the eyes are very light; less than 3 per cent have brown or dark-mixed shades (Martin #1-6); 78 per cent have eyes which are pure light or almost entirely so (Martin #13-16). This combination of very light eyes with brown hair is typical of Palaeolithic survivors in northern Europe, rather than of Nordics.
    This happens to be something I've also found among my German ancestors: platinum blonde hair up until school age (my father, my grand-father, my great-grandfather), then hair turning darker and darker until it reached very dark brown at age 50. Eye color always blue... But in my extended family there were plenty of Alpines, plenty of people with brown eyes but Faelid features.

Northwestern Germany, therefore, from the Dutch border to Denmark and the Baltic, is the home of a medley of racial types in which the Brünn and Borreby races seem most prominent, with the latter concentrated in the island of Fehmarn and among the fishermen of the Baltic shore of Schleswig. The Nordic race was once important here, as was its component the Corded, but both have been largely absorbed into the earlier types, which never yielded ground strongly, even in the time of the early Germanic efflorescence.
    This book is a masterpiece! Every observation is confirmed by scientific observation and intuition while people here believe in negro Cheddar man...

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Polish and distant Ashkenazi Jewish.
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Shqiptar in disguise
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1 Hyperborean
    Taxonomy
    Moderately not ugly something
    Politics
    Social Liberalism - apparently.
    Hero
    Goofy
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,604
    Given: 48,334

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kivan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade View Post
    They did score as less blond but not dramatically either.
    Besides, every state has its variations. Sometimes a certain trait peaks in one part of the country, and another one - in a different part of it.
    Obviously blondism among Germans peaks in the north, while rufosity is most common in the south.
    In light eyes total the difference between the regions ain't dramatic at all.
    People here generally like to exaggerate things. Northern Germans are often portrayed as Swedes, while southerners are depicted as on par with Italians - both stupid and incorrect claims.
    I stick to my point of Germany standing (in terms of phenotype, light eyes frequency and blondism value) between The Netherlands and Hungary - because of both my observations in reality and my statistics.

I know it is not the case, but I expected more of a difference.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information