Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-29-2024 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Argentine/Uruguayan Gaucho, South-East brazilian and western cuban looking.
    Ancestry
    Navarrese/Aquitanian/Galician-Portuguese/Sicilian/Ava-Guarani
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Southeast Brazilian looking or Western cuban looking
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,915
    Given: 27,872

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiete View Post
    Belieze seems like a truly melting pot I think they also have German communities not sure If they are Mennonites but seems diverse In terms of ethnic groups probably more then Mexico.
    Exactly!! Very well said.
    I forgot that they have mennos too and it's a quite important community.
    Yes, in a way it's a true melting pot and it's like a mixture of a central american country (due to the native and mestizo population) and one of those former british territories in the West Indies (black, mulattoes and an ancient population of mainly british ancestry, and some more other groups).
    It's a very interesting country in that sense!!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,819
    Given: 5,369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lozano View Post
    Really Interesting. I would like to share this graphic also, compares women's age, admixture proportions and phenotypic features from thousands of woman samples taken for a genetic study.

https://imgur.com/a/iVi9Zns
    Not accurate , at least from Mexico most cases are from Mexico City which happened to be very "amerindian " Mexico city suffered a mass immigration from the rural areas surrounding regions and South.

When It comes to public (government) genetics they don't test anything from Mexico city to up of the country. If I'm not mistaking Colombia likes to test middle class college students from Bogota or Medellin and then portrays as whole average for the country.

Lozano

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiete View Post
    Not accurate , at least from Mexico most cases are from Mexico City which happened to be very "amerindian " Mexico city suffered a mass immigration from the rural areas surrounding regions and South.

When It comes to public (government) genetics they don't test anything from Mexico city to up of the country. If I'm not mistaking Colombia likes to test middle class college students from Bogota or Medellin and then portrays as whole average for the country.
    I won't talk about mexico bcs I have no idea to be honest. You may be right

In Colombian's case it was taken from a Public University yes. But there is an important fact of the cities you mentioned (Medellin and Bogotá), about unis you should know.

I certainly told you, as a Colombian Uni student, that many of uni students in those cities are colombians from other departments that go to bogota and medellin to study (mainly in the case of a public university). University in Colombia is a mix of everything

Last Online
    07-31-2022 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    No idea
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    3/8 Hungarian 2/8 Bulgarian 2/8 Romanian 1/8 Croatian
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-(East)Baltid mix +(maybe)Uralid/Turanid admixture
    Politics
    I hate all of them
    Religion
    Freedom lmao
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,619
    Given: 3,546

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    UPDATE November 2020 Thousands of latino gedmatch kits

One comment before the results. IMO the reason why Argentina is scoring a little less euro than brazil is because the huge majority of argentine kits are adopted individuals who happen to be more typical than the average gedmatch user.

i had no idea cubans were so highly european, also LOL at peru being mostly red
    Classify Me !

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...y-or-phenotype

Please vote here ---------------------------------------------------> https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...e-would-I-pass

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lozano View Post
    I won't talk about mexico bcs I have no idea to be honest. You may be right

In Colombian's case it was taken from a Public University yes. But there is an important fact of the cities you mentioned (Medellin and Bogotá), about unis you should know.

I certainly told you, as a Colombian Uni student, that many of uni students in those cities are colombians from other departments that go to bogota and medellin to study (mainly in the case of a public university). University in Colombia is a mix of everything
    In every DNA study there's would always be bias agendas that something we can't prevent , while some studies might be Indeed near what reflects a country demographics ... others might be ridiculous to far..

When It comes to public dna testing they always overtest Mexico city and southern states, never the north or central west these two regions make 45% of population not 10% or 20% but .....45%

Also In regards to colleges wether public or private socioeconomics plays a big role In Latin America we all know that.

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-29-2024 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Argentine/Uruguayan Gaucho, South-East brazilian and western cuban looking.
    Ancestry
    Navarrese/Aquitanian/Galician-Portuguese/Sicilian/Ava-Guarani
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Southeast Brazilian looking or Western cuban looking
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,915
    Given: 27,872

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IrisSelene View Post
    Probably most of them are middle-upper class Miami cubans.
    Even though in the island there are a good number (probably around 35%) of people +80% Euro genetically talking, but in the other side there are an important amount of afro-cubans (around 20/25% at least) especially in Havana and in the eastern region of the country (Granma, Santiago de Cuba, Guantánamo, etc).

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IrisSelene View Post
    Went to Peru In 2016.. the locals were very amerindian saw some euromestizos/castizos both were like 20% of the population. I believe outside Lima the capital district Is even more amerindian so those results might not be to far after all.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 06:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Ethnicity
    Mexican Mestizo
    Ancestry
    Mexico
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,874
    Given: 12,909

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Erronkari View Post
    Exactly!!
    And also there are many belizeans that descend of guatemalans and salvadorans, so they contribute even more with that mestizo population.

The majority of the colonial Belizean mestizos are of Yucateco Mexican origins.Many northern towns were founded by Yucateco Mexicans.

Around the 1840s, thousands of Maya people and mestizos were driven from the area of Bacalar Yucatan Mexico during the Caste War (1847-1901), [2] [11] They settled in the Corozal, Orange Walk Town, and Cayo District, as well as in the city of San Pedro in Ambergris Caye.[12] About 7000 Mexican mestizos immigrated during these years.

After 1958, Mennonite groups in Mexico emigrated to Belize, settling in the north and west of Belize (Mexican Mennonites may have intermarried with native-born mestizos and Mexican mestizos).[14] Then between 1980 and 1990 thousands of undocumented migrants moved to the central and western parts of the country. Approximately 40,000 Salvadorans (including Salvadoran Mennonites), Guatemalans, Hondurans and Nicaraguans immigrated to Belize in this decade of strife in neighboring countries.[15] Some 25,000 were from El Salvador and Guatemala.[14] This, along with a high fertility rate, dramatically increased the number of Hispanics in Belize, causing concern over the rapid growth of the Spanish language in a country where the official language is English.[16]

According to a 2000 survey, 52.1% of the Belizean population is Hispanic. According to the 2000 census, Belize has 106,795 Hispanic people. In this figure can be added another 21,848 people who can speak Spanish as second language. In total, there are 128,243 people who speak Spanish in Belize. Although English is the official language, Spanish is spoken by the majority of Belize's population.[14] Also, according to the 2000 census, about 50% of the Belizean population declared themselves Catholics.[13]

Hispanics in Belize are mainly concentrated in the central and western parts of the country. That is, Corozal, Orange Walk, and much of the Cayo District, as well as San Pedro town in Ambergris Caye.[16] Both the people of Corozal, as people from Orange Walk, descended from the Yucatans who found refuge in Belizean soil fleeing the Caste War in the 1840s, while people of Cayo, descends from Guatemalans and Salvadorans people, mostly. The remaining districts also have Spanish-speaking population, although to a lesser extent. So, in Belize City, the most populated urban area in the country, it is common to use the Spanish language, next to Belizean Creole and in San Pedro, part of the Belize District, has a predominantly Spanish-speaking population. In addition, the Mopan indigenous live now in the Cayo district and San Antonio (Toledo district). Some of the Kekchi and Mopan have mixed. However, this groups are not strictly Hispanic because they speak their own Maya dialects, but they do come from Hispanic countries.[14] On the other hand, bilingualism in Spanish is encouraged, as the nation is surrounded by Spanish speaking countries.[16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispan...rican_Belizean

An Oregon businesswoman who is a frequent visitor shares her first impression of Corozal:

“This town of about 10,000 on the very northern border of Belize just across from Mexico is, predictably, more like a Mexican town than most others in Belize. “There aren’t as many Creoles and hardly any Garifuna, it’s mostly Latino, Mexican and Maya. And of course, the Chinese and Korean shop-keepers and restaurant owners that are all over the world. And the “Rasta” hustlers. Called Rascals by some and pronounced “rah-scals.”

The place could easily be mistaken for any small town in the United States or Mexico. Here, you get all the benefits of plentiful supply, due to its location near the Mexico border. So what types of things can you do in Corozal the district and in Corozal the town?. Let’s look at this place from the value it offers adventure and luxury hungry tourist. Ever wanted to be in the middle of it all? Corozal Town offers exactly that. Corozal Town just happens to be in the center of the great Maya World, otherwise known as Mundo Maya.

https://belize.com/corozal-mestizo-belize/

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Erronkari View Post
    Probably most of them are middle-upper class Miami cubans.
    Even though in the island there are a good number (probably around 35%) of people +80% Euro genetically talking, but in the other side there are an important amount of afro-cubans (around 20/25% at least) especially in Havana and in the eastern region of the country (Granma, Santiago de Cuba, Guantánamo, etc).
    I personally think Cuba Is very European too probably ahead of Brazil and maybe even Argentina but at the same time It has less European ancestry among its black/mixed population compare to Brazil.

mitalit

0 Not allowed!

What gedmatch calculator is used?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information