N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

5 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    I don't agree with Erdoğan. Turkey is geographically at least 97% Asian and only 3% European. Also unlike the West, Turkish people are too conservative and mentally very close to East, even if they deny it many times. Plus, historically Turks are counted as "Eastern civilization". Because our culture and mindset are closer to East than it's to West.

Of course we are influenced by West, I don't deny it. But if we count that how much we are Western inflenced, then it's only 10%-20%.

I'm still witnessing Western-opposite culture in my people. Like killing daughters for so-called "honour" just because of their daughters dated or talked to opposite gender. Also 90% of Turkish men tell that they would never let their sisters/daughters/girlfriends/wives wear mini clothes, otherwise they will kill them. Even my own dad & brothers are like that! I fucking hate the notion called "honour"! The fucking nation so called "honour" MUSN'T be a reason for killing! I'm so sad for my countrywomen who are killed by their men, I hope they are all resting in peace. I hope I won't be one of those women Because my father said "Those men don't kill their women for no reason" to my mom when he was arguing with her! I was shocked and told "Is this my own dad saying this?" inside. This bigotry MUST get extinct! Otherwise we will never be a civilized/developed country!

To become European or European-like:

1) We MUST get rid of our bigotry! At least 70% of Turkish people are very bigot, as I said above. I'm not tryna denigrate my compatriots but these are facts, unfortunately.
    2) We must restructure our education system. Education must be more of the curriculum than teaching. Unfortunately, our system is established only on teaching. Because of this, people are mainly educated bigots. They go to school but never evolve into civilized/modern people. Learn-by-rote system ruined Turkey very much. But even Atatürk couldn't make the country (fully) modern, how could we make? Even my own family & relatives are anti-modernizm!
    3) People must be directed into art, science & sport more. 70% of Turkey are very anti-art, anti-science & anti-sport. And it's because of too much bigotry in the name of religion. Even when I told my mom how would she react if I wanted to become a singer, she said "In our culture, girls can never be singers. Because female voice is haram"! God, please give me patience! I can't stand this bigotry anymore! Fuck the culture like this!
    4) The goverment must get rid of bigot rulers! I hope the current party called AKP will fall over next 3 years. Because the religious tariqahs, sharia-supporters, sheikhs and anti-women settlements are spoilt by the goverment too much! And the channels who are controlled by those religious tariqahs, sharia-supporters, sheikhs and anti-women settlements are must be closed!
    I feel for you and understand your frustrations, but don't idealize Europe too much either. "Most civilised" countries today are also most degenerate and promote culture of death.

Last Online
    05-27-2023 @ 02:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Ireland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,802
    Given: 5,812

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    I feel for you and understand your frustrations, but don't idealize Europe too much either. "Most civilised" countries today are also most degenerate and promote culture of death.
    Fucked up over-controlling parents are everywhere. I see those in some southern parts of the US as well.

She is too young and fed up with her family's restrictions and all, (she's from an Eastern city) what she should do is try to stand on her own feet and become independent economically.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-04-2021 @ 07:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Circassian(Adyghe)+1/2 Trabzon East
    Country
    Adyghea
    Y-DNA
    G-L1266
    Taxonomy
    Some say Very Caucasian looking, some say Atlanto-med+Dinarid+CM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,137
    Given: 1,035

4 Not allowed!

The whole trying Turkey to pass in Europe, associating it with Europe and adopting western traditions thing i see in this forum is pure cringe.

Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 01:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Vatican-City
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 50

0 Not allowed!

Alone the religion of Islam is against everythign modern europe stands for.
    The only thing common is economy. Turkey buys their stuff from Europe, and exports stuff cheap back....

Banned
    Last Online
    04-08-2021 @ 12:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    --
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,464
    Given: 12,450

2 Not allowed!

I don't agree with Erdoğan. Turkey is geographically at least 97% Asian and only 3% European. Also unlike the West, Turkish people are too conservative and mentally very close to East, even if they deny it many times. Plus, historically Turks are counted as "Eastern civilization". Because our culture and mindset are closer to East than it's to West.

Of course we are influenced by West, I don't deny it. But if we count that how much we are Western inflenced, then it's only 10%-20%.

Being more democratic and more open minded culturally is not the same thing willing to be European or synonym of being European.
    Not even the most of "liberal" Turks in Izmir i have ever met consider themselves (or Turks in general) as Europe.

And some points are very debatable like for example Turkey being "anti-sport" since the country is pretty successful in some sports such as Volleyball and Basketball.

Also, your post looks seems to grossly generalize Turks and over exaggerate cultural issues that exist based on your own personal experience. You also express such things as it were something positive.

And with all due respect, your post was disrespectful and full of prejudices. Any naive person sees it, would think is Turkey is Saudi Arabia.

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 02:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moderate member of the Uralic Cluster
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kınık_(tribe)
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano-Pontid and slight Carpathid
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Religions are mass-scale Stockholm syndromes
    Relationship Status
    To impress her it's too damn hard
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,271
    Given: 4,558

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brennus dux gallorum View Post
    But if Turkish people do not want.. who am i to say "no, you have to become European"?
    (Normie continues)... You don't have to, but i think it's already decided, as Turkey applied for EU membership in 1987. And alsoi as our great Sultan orders us to become europeans, who the hell will stop us obeying him ? We will become the best europeans.

(Normie stops)... I guess even if you support our membership on the paper, in best conditions; you will still try to block it using every possibilities. Because, we all know Greece loses it's meaning when Turkey is no more an enemy. And Greek nation (they CREATED western civilization) will never accept losing "Europeannes privilige" against barbarian Turks. At least in the foreseeable future.

So you will do everything to prevent europe to look at Turkey with non-Greek eyes, i believe. But does it matter ? Can Greece offer more benefits than Turkey any more ? It's very debatable.

Turkey is a such priviliged country that can always find new opportunities and alliances, even in the worst times.

https://twitter.com/ChiefofAirStaff/...59772328587269

Banned
    Last Online
    11-27-2020 @ 09:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,013
    Given: 1,641

0 Not allowed!

I'm still witnessing Western-opposite culture in my people. Like killing daughters for so-called "honour" just because of their daughters dated or talked to opposite gender. Also 90% of Turkish men tell that they would never let their sisters/daughters/girlfriends/wives wear mini clothes, otherwise they will kill them. Even my own dad & brothers are like that! I fucking hate the notion called "honour"! The fucking nation so called "honour" MUSN'T be a reason for killing! I'm so sad for my countrywomen who are killed by their men, I hope they are all resting in peace. I hope I won't be one of those women Because my father said "Those men don't kill their women for no reason" to my mom when he was arguing with her! I was shocked and told "Is this my own dad saying this?" inside. This bigotry MUST get extinct! Otherwise we will never be a civilized/developed country!

1) We MUST get rid of our bigotry! At least 70% of Turkish people are very bigot, as I said above. I'm not tryna denigrate my compatriots but these are facts, unfortunately.
    2) We must restructure our education system. Education must be more of the curriculum than teaching. Unfortunately, our system is established only on teaching. Because of this, people are mainly educated bigots. They go to school but never evolve into civilized/modern people. Learn-by-rote system ruined Turkey very much. But even Atatürk couldn't make the country (fully) modern, how could we make? Even my own family & relatives are anti-modernizm!
    3) People must be directed into art, science & sport more. 70% of Turkey are very anti-art, anti-science & anti-sport. And it's because of too much bigotry in the name of religion. Even when I told my mom how would she react if I wanted to become a singer, she said "In our culture, girls can never be singers. Because female voice is haram"! God, please give me patience! I can't stand this bigotry anymore! Fuck the culture like this!
    4) The goverment must get rid of bigot rulers! I hope the current party called AKP will fall over next 3 years. Because the religious tariqahs, sharia-supporters, sheikhs and anti-women settlements are spoilt by the goverment too much! And the channels who are controlled by those religious tariqahs, sharia-supporters, sheikhs and anti-women settlements are must be closed!
    What does becomig more European have to do with ending honor/female killing?

Just read Qur'an and you will see that killing females/honor killing is HARAM and a great EVIL (that many European and euro based societies do in the guise of abortions):

81:8-9
    (and when the female is asked (on judgement day)...for what nonexistent crime were you murdered?)

http://mquran.org/content/view/5809/4/

Bender1999

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What does becomig more European have to do with ending honor/female killing?

Just read Qur'an and you will see that killing females/honor killing is HARAM and a great EVIL (that many European and euro based societies do in the guise of abortions):

81:8-9
    (and when the female is asked (on judgement day)...for what nonexistent crime were you murdered?)

http://mquran.org/content/view/5809/4/
    Female killing happens everywhere in Turkey, not just among conservative people in rural areas, honor killing is more a eastern Anatolian thing. The issue could be solved with stricter justice system, people dare to do this because Turkeys judiciary is a joke. The hole system is full of mistakes, imo the only thing that Turkey should adopt from Europe is the education system which is the biggest trash on this world. You have ten thousands of people who studied and have not a job but on the other hand many sectors need workers. In Germany the system rules who can study and who not(with exams), those who can’t study starts an apprenticeship.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2021 @ 11:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Zeta Reticulan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Copernican Principle
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,346
    Given: 1,328

2 Not allowed!

In short Islam + Anatolian mindset = bad living conditions. Don't worry, in your direct neighbourhood its not much better, even when some of the countries belong to different cultures and religion groups. Also, if you listen to people who understand less than you, even if they are your parents (and supposedly you love your parents), you won't ever achieve anything. Focus on finding likeminded people.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:20 AM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,561
    Given: 27,897

2 Not allowed!

No, no, no, no, no. Only a small fraction of Turkey is geographically located in Europe. I absolutely despise dictator Erdogan and Islamic Turkey and have boycotted them. They are an enemy not only to France - but to all of Europe. Also look how they persecute Christian Armenians.

To make matters worse, Erdogan recently stated that he's going to press charges against my hero (Dutch MP Geert Wilders) in retaliation for a cartoon tweet stating Erdogan is a terrorist. (He has proven links to Islamic terror groups.) Erdogan can't handle cartoons or criticism, and he seeks to limit Mr. Wilders ability to travel to many nations with extradition treaties to Turkey, and Turkish authorities could threaten trade deals if nations governments don't comply in arresting and handing him over to Turkey if he travels to other nations.

Nobody defies Erdogan in Turkey or they'll be jailed. If he wants Turkish prosecutors to go ahead and press international charges over a cartoon tweet, it shows what a vindictive bully he is.

Mr. Wilders is extremely tall, gives great speeches in many European languages that he fluently speaks, has given speeches to audiences around the world warning of the dangers of Islamisation, has made books and movies, has visited many nations accross the Middle East before he became a politician.

He's by far the bravest politician in the world who's sacrificed his freedom for our freedom. He has over 20 years experience in politics and is leader and chairman of his own party (the 2nd largest party in the Netherlands.) He's lived for many years with violently graphic death threats and court trials against him... but he does not give in to fear.

Mr. Wilders has spent over 16 years in quarantine with 24/7 police guards everywhere he goes, no privacy, unable to open his own mail, living in safe houses (including prison cells and army barracks for his own safety,) restricted social life, only able to see his wife once a week, wears a bulletproof vest, etc, due to thousands of violent and graphic death threats he receives each month from ISIS, Al-Qaeda, and from muslims all over the world.... simply for his criticism of the evil koran book.

Extraditing him to Turkey where biased Turkish judges would throw him in a dangerous Turkish jail full of Muslims who want to kill him over a cartoon tweet... would be like a death sentence for my brave and beloved hero, Mr. Wilders (who's already endured numerous court trials and prosecutions over his free speech.)

Every day, Turkish Muslims spew insults at Europeans on social media. They're evil. They show pics and videos of Turks wiping their feet on images of French President Macron and Dutch MP Mr Wilders.

Erdogan floods Europe with millions of illegal and very aggressive Islamic men (posing as fake refugees,) ISIS terrorists posing as refugees, etc, with the sole aim to Islamify Europe.

Also I saw news alerts last month about western tourists being in danger in Turkey.

This short warning video below to the UK people was made by UKIP (UK Independence Party) a few months before we voted to leave the EU. Mr. Wilders also wants a Nexit for the Netherlands.

Well the fat Pakistani dictator politician and Islamic preacher Rizvi died last week... and many of us celebrated after evil Rizvi spent years calling upon his Islamic followers to kill Geert Wilders and bomb the Netherlands.

A few weeks ago, videos circulated across social media showing Islamic preacher/politician Rizvi yelling and shouting to a large crowd of Muslims in Pakistan and demanding for an atom bomb to be dropped on France... over a cartoon of their deranged fake prophet Mohammad (a child rapist, genocidal warlord, and keeper of many slaves who he raped, etc... who they say westerners can't freely criticise,) following the savage beheadings in France last month.

Erdogan is another major enemy to the free west.

Given Turkey's barbaric treatment of Christian Armenians, I agree with Mr. Wilders that Turkey needs to be kicked out and expelled from NATO.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 11-25-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information