View Poll Results: Burmese or Filipinos: who is more Caucasoid?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Burmese

8 88.89%
  • Philipinos

0 0%
  • Equal amounts

1 11.11%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Burmese or Filipinos: who is more Caucasoid?

Last Online
    08-17-2023 @ 12:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Asian
    Ethnicity
    Asia
    Country
    Vatican City
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 87

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maguzanci View Post
    I have run some Aeta and Agta results and I was surprised to found out that that more than half of their genes are Mongoloid Austronesian admixed.
    What is surprising? Aetas and Agtas technically are Austronesians because they speak Austronesian languages. Aetas and Agtas have been living with Austronesians for 5,000 years. They can range in looks.

Many look like regular Filipinos. Both Negrito Filipinos and Austronesian Filipinos are a mixture of both Negrito and Austronesian. It's just that Negritos are around 50/50, while Austronesian Filipinos are around 90/10

But the Aetas they are testing are probably the ones who are more mixed because they're easier to access. More remote Aetas will be more Negrito

Banned
    Last Online
    02-06-2021 @ 03:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,704
    Given: 5,603

0 Not allowed!

I believe Family Tree DNA/FTDNA is one of the few DNA companies that ships to the Phils. You can try that test first and then later upload your results to Gedmatch or 23andme (although Gedmatch is much more reliable in my opinion).

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aja675 View Post
    I haven't. It's not like any of these actually ship here.
    I believe Family Tree DNA/FTDNA is one of the few DNA companies that ships to the Phils. You can try that test first and then later upload your results to Gedmatch or 23andme (although Gedmatch is much more reliable in my opinion).

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KuakoVoice View Post
    We have relatively much fewer testers,but here is one Timorese girls Ancestry DNA and my Ambonese Moluccan moms AncestryDNA.Both have two Orang Timur (Moluccan/Timorese,etc) parents so the mixes are ancient and or Colonial.

Timorese:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...26%23127473%3B

Ambonese Moluccan

https://ibb.co/6DSBm4j
    Thanks. The Timorese DNA result seem to be almost Mestico level (around 39% White). Is that level of Euro common among Timorese?

The 1% Scotland in the Ambonese Moluccan is legit?

Where do you think in Eastern Indonesia these two individuals come from (I don't have their 23andme or AncestryDNA)?: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...98#post7035298
    Last edited by Maguzanci; 12-14-2020 at 06:03 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KuakoVoice View Post
    I think based on the DNA tests of Timorese and Moluccan I seen that we have the least South Asian in our region,but I cant agree with the least European.We were some of the first Christian converts outside of Europe and the Near East and the Capítol city of Maluku,Ambon was literally started by Western European traders.That along with the infamous Spice Trade being centered in Maluku would beg to differ.
    Interesting. Well all the Moluccan samples that I have from Gedmatch seems to show around 1-5% Caucasoid admixture and they seem to be mostly European derived rather than Indian or MENA.

In fact, it seems like almost all the Indonesian gedmatch kits that I have from Sumatra to Maluku, have West Eurasian/Caucasoid admixture from around 1 to 16% with even some samples who have recent Arab ancestry and are thus around 25% Caucasoid. The average Indonesian seem to have 5.4% Caucasoid ancestry based on almost all the results that I run using PuntDNAL Global K13. Most of the Caucasoid ancestry seems to be South Asian-derived followed by MENA and European. The most West Eurasian/Caucasoid admixed island seem to be Sumatra followed by Java and the least Caucasoid admixed area seems to be those from interior Borneo or somewhere in Eastern Indonesia near Oceania.

Isn't interesting how Indian and Arab traders, settlers and later European colonists like the Dutch and Portuguese could have such a massive genetic impact on the whole archipelago, giving Caucasoid admixture to almost every Indonesian sample in Gedmatch?
    Last edited by Maguzanci; 12-30-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information