https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jesus-c...eologist-says/

The house in question, or what's left of it, can be found underneath the Sisters of Nazareth convent in central Nazareth, Israel. It's near the famous Church of the Annunciation, the spot where many Christians believe the angel Gabriel informed Mary that she would have a child.

The building has been dated to the first century AD and, according to Professor Dark, it appears to be "a typical family home of its time and place."

Despite the evidence in favor of his theory, Dark stressed that it was "by no means a conclusive case."

"On the one hand, we can put forward a totally plausible case that this was Jesus' childhood home. But on the other hand, actually proving that is beyond the scope of the evidence. It's debatable whether it would ever be possible to prove that," he said.

While the debate will undoubtedly go on, Dark is convinced that he's onto something, and it's more than guesswork.

"I'm an archaeologist. I'm not making up stories, I'm working off evidence," he told CBS News. "What's there on the ground is very consistent, very convincing."