European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,451
    Given: 31,624

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ion Basescul View Post
    distribution of Ukrainian names is well beyond today's Ukrainian-inhabited region (which is in Suceava and Maramures counties, between Sighet and Siret, and down to the outskirts of Dorna, Cimpulung Moldovenesc, Humor and Suceava towns).

just a few names I could think of fast (including Lipovan one Ivanov, as Lipovans have or had villages in most of Western Moldova's counties):

also, this Romanian footballer from Suceava is called Golofca (Головка), for example (not a coincidence):

but I think that other than the recent 20th century mixing and Romanianization there is also another much older layer of Slavic and in general steppe/north-of-the-Black-Sea DNA in Moldovans, as the region has for thousands of years been a contact region between Neolithic and Steppe populations of all sorts (Iranic, Slavic, Turkic, Mongolic), so the Moldovans must have had extra such type of DNA at the moment of their ethnogenesis compared to Vlachs in Wallachia or Transylvania for example, not to mention Vlachs in Timok, Macedonia or Thessaly...
    Last edited by Nurzat; 11-28-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,506
    Given: 1,507

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    it happens in Botosani and Suceava counties in Romania (northern Western Moldova) as well. 90% of the times I asked someone in Iasi with Ukrainian last name of their village of origin, hoping they are from my region and we could speak the language of the forefathers (had to say it, sounds funny ), they were surprised of me considering their name Ukrainian, that's how local they became at least recently. some would know that their grandparents or greatgrandparents spoke "Russian", but even this info is often not shared in the family as peasants were not using the language ethnically, which is weird, I mean some entire villages got Romanianized after schooling was introduced, almost like it voluntarily happened, I think we still need serious anthropological studies of the phenomenon in order to understand it, but Ukrainian DNA got into northern Moldova in northeast Romania quite heavily, which is why most Suceava and Botosani people can be modelled as (broadly) half Vaslui (central Western Moldova) half Ukrainian, or, say, 60% proper Moldovan 40% Ukrainian, or so, as some neighbouring Ukrainians must have a slight Balkan tendency compared to Chernigov/Chernihiv ones that are the Ukrainian sample for G25 I think.
    Yeah, that's very obvious for some. Nothing wrong with that. Every region is mixed. But of course Anthrotards will think that their blood is pure as wine.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    You are no more northern than your father, because you are partially from the south close to a Gagauz village. Is funny how desperate you trying to portrait people from the north as partial hohols, spreading idiocy about tons of Ukrainains/Russians who live here, despite locals are not very different from these from central areas genetically.
    Actually it depends on the calculator, you donkey. Look at K12b, K36 or even the original MyHeritage results. And even if I were, that wouldn't have been surprising given how DNA inheritance works. I know only 4 members from Apricity with family results and 3 of them score either more North or South than their parents. Perfect splits only work on transcontinental ancestries, so like clear mixes of European/African/Asian, whereas specifics are not so clear cut. You will see for yourself in the future, when you will actually test and dig deeper into the theory rather than fuck about.

About Gagauzes, they could even be from the same village and it would still be irrelevant compared to having Ukrainians there. Here's why. All the Gagauzes that we have came in the 19th century and I know all my family up to then. But Ukrainians were always here, so there's no way to tell how many of them assumed another identity and acculturated. I have clear examples from Romania of Ukrainians taking surnames like Ardeleanu. But in Moldova, apart from these guessing of who's who, there are also people with clear Ukrainian surnames who identify as Moldovan, and theuy peak in the North, where coincidentally Ukrainians are concentrated. A lot of them got assimilated and that's a fact.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,750
    Given: 3,189

0 Not allowed!

Actually it depends on the calculator, you donkey. Look at K12b, K36 or even the original MyHeritage results. And even if I were, that wouldn't have been surprising given how DNA inheritance works. I know only 4 members from Apricity with family results and 3 of them score either more North or South than their parents. Perfect splits only work on transcontinental ancestries, so like clear mixes of European/African/Asian, whereas specifics are not so clear cut. You will see for yourself in the future, when you will actually test and dig deeper into the theory rather than fuck about.
    Donkey you will see in the mirror nigga, your own collected data speaks against you.

N_Atlantic Baltic West_Med West_Asian East_Med Red_Sea South_Asian East_Asian Siberian Amerindian Oceanian NE_African Sub-Saharan
    Original GEDmatch Moldovan 24.45 33.59 14.99 9.79 10.47 1.56 1.29 0.52 1.31 0.78 0.75 0.08 0.41
    Average North 25.89 33.33 14.92 8.89 11.43 1.48 0.65 0.56 1.47 0.35 0.61 0.17 0.26
    Average Centre 23.30 30.44 15.09 10.01 14.77 1.87 1.22 0.60 1.44 0.52 0.38 0.14 0.20
    Average South 21.68 25.46 18.06 10.91 18.15 2.51 0.41 0.61 1.02 0.58 0.39 0.10 0.12

Now get lost.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ixulescu View Post
    I did. All Southern Germans (Swabians, Bavarians, Austrians, German Swiss) consider themselves different, and so do the rest of the Germans.
    All of them consider themselves Germanic, and always did.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    distribution of Ukrainian names is well beyond today's Ukrainian-inhabited region (which is in Suceava and Maramures counties, between Sighet and Siret, and down to the outskirts of Dorna, Cimpulung Moldovenesc, Humor and Suceava towns).

just a few names I could think of fast (including Lipovan one Ivanov, as Lipovans have or had villages in most of Western Moldova's counties):

also, this Romanian footballer from Suceava is called Golofca (Головка), for example (not a coincidence):

but I think that other than the recent 20th century mixing and Romanianization there is also another much older layer of Slavic and in general steppe/north-of-the-Black-Sea DNA in Moldovans, as the region has for thousands of years been a contact region between Neolithic and Steppe populations of all sorts (Iranic, Slavic, Turkic, Mongolic), so the Moldovans must have had extra such type of DNA at the moment of their ethnogenesis compared to Vlachs in Wallachia or Transylvania for example, not to mention Vlachs in Timok, Macedonia or Thessaly...
    It depends on the theory behind our origin.

1) If we are descendants of Romanian colonists from Maramures and this land was devoid of people, then the Northern influence could have come only starting from 14th century. In this case, this means mostly Slavs.

2) If one believes that Romanian colonists assimilated groups of people who were already living here, then indeed they could have ancient Scythian and Chernyakhiv admixture. One of the Chernyakhiv samples for example is the closest ancient to me. In this case, Ukrainian mixing was less widespread as the Northern shift is indicative of an ancient profile. Likewise in the South, where Caplani samples are close to those Getae/Scythians from Stefan Voda.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    blabla
    Donkey and exposed liar who is purposefully hiding the column for ancestry. I regret having sent you this. Should have left you theorise your rainbows. To the ignored list you go, liar and ungrateful cunt.

Last edited by Ion Basescul; 11-28-2020 at 11:42 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,750
    Given: 3,189

0 Not allowed!

Donkey and exposed liar who is purposefully hiding the column for ancestry. I regret having sent you this. Should have left you theorise your rainbows. To the ignored list you go, liar and ungrateful cunt.

[Img][/img]
    Dalbaiob, these results basically destroy your theory about hoholized north and "homogenous" centre. But since you are mixed mongrel, you need to spread fairytales what everyone here is a multiethnic abomination like you.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    All of them consider themselves Germanic, and always did.
    German and Germanic are not the same thing.

Romanians consider themselves Romance people - that doesn't mean they consider themselves Italian.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ixulescu View Post
    German and Germanic are not the same thing.

Romanians consider themselves Romance people - that doesn't mean they consider themselves Italian.
    Didn't you claim south Germans don't have Germanic identity? They do, and it's especially strong in fringe regions like south Tyrol where they are surrounded by "others".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information