Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why isn't there a Zoroastrian page?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Mandaeanism isn't really based off Christianity, it's a sister religion. It's based off Judaism. Which, incidentally, predates Zoroastrianism.
    Hmm, I do wonder where Islam originated from? I've heard that it's from Christianity which we know that many Arabs in say the 4th and 5th centuries were predominately Christian based on the epigraphic evidence and so on. I've heard that pre-Islamic Arabs also had practiced Mandaeanism, esp in Mesopotamia and around this region. I know that many Arabs that lived in close proximity with Jews got converted to Judaism like the Arabs that lived in the Negev which they, along with the Edmoties, converted to Judaism and forged a unique ethnic identity; the Iduemeans that Herod the great's father belonged to while his mother was a Nabatean Arab princess. Don't forget about the Itureans as well.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Azbuzz View Post
    Some of this isn't true. People simply don't know about the religion in order to convert. Ike Ottar said, a lot of Kurds are converting and MANY come here to Toronto and the US to convert too. To call them all LARPers is really conviennt and not true. About 40 Percent of Zoroastrians now live outside of Iran and India. These people and institutions happily accept converts. They don't go out seeking converts but still.
    Religion means nothing to Kurds. They are perpetual betrayers and will side with or convert to whoever or whatever they can dupe into supporting their dream of Kurdistan. They will accuse the Turks for the Armenian genocide while defending the Kurdish participation in it (the Kurds were fiercely pro-Ottoman at the end of the war and treated Christians like shit).

Many of those Zoroastrians in the west are larpers like the European neo-pagans. Middle class and above Iranians in the west also love Zoroastrianism. Islam is the religion of the rural and poor after all.

There is a difference between Zoroastrians in Asia and Iranian expats that convert to Zoroastrianism from Islam out of pure edge. They do pretty much exactly what European neo-pagans do, including supplementing their religion with new age mysticism and loaded politics.

Some interpretations of Zoroastrianism lead to vegetarianism, so we also have many vegan larpers.

Like we wuzzingg American negroes celebrating Ancient Egyptian celebrations. It means nothing.

Any form of Zoroastrianism today that could be called similiar to what it was ages ago with cosmogony dualism and monotheistic eschatology is practiced only among Yazidis and some Kurd sects.

Shia Islam is still a threat to Zoroastriansim. A couple was excuted just for being Zoroastrian. A convert was too and so was Arash Kasravi. This is why sometimes non Zoroastrians aren't allowed at our festivals. Of course we don't want to mingle with non Zoroastrians because of these reasons and what's happened over 1500 years.
    Not true, the Pahlavis actually tried to bring it back, but the Zoroastrians didn't want converts entering in their society, they see other Iranians as foreigners or descendants of traitors, to them they are pure Persians and are proud of it. They stopped doing their old way of sky burial (the dead eaten by vultures) in the 70's.

The Iran-based Zoroastrians are tolerated by the government because there is a fraction in both "clergy"(of sorts) and the administration that thinks that their beliefs and way of life should be preserved as it's the "traditional Persian faith".

However, Iranian law states that the first son of Zoroastrian family who converts to Islam will get 100% of their parents' wealth as inheritance. As you might expect it's mighty effective. There were a dozen contradicting sects from what the Sassanids pushed to the Mazdakis which were "share the wealth" proto-commies.

As we type gallons of Muslim semen are shot into Muslim holes reinforcing Islam in Iran.

Anyway, Zoroastrianism isn't going to come back mainstream in Iran. Only larpers revert to it, Iranians are mainly converting to Christianity and Baha'i which both jives well with Iranian mentality. The irony of the theocracy has been that people have been put off by Islam.

Ironically, Europeans were not too keen on Zoroastrianism either (ever since Shapur committed massacres of Christians), Heraclius hated Zoroastrians more than Arabs did. In fact, Heraclius burnt more Zoroastrian fire temples than the Arabs.

If Byzantines were to win over Iran, we probably wouldn't even see a Zoroastrian minority in Yazd today that have maintained rituals dating to Sassanian era.

The Rashiduns were disgusting of course, but at least they left some Zoroastrians alone when they paid some taxes.

Zoroastrian local dynasties like Paduspanids existed in Tabaristan until 15th century for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-07-2021 @ 05:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 300
    Given: 21

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Religion means nothing to Kurds. They are perpetual betrayers and will side with or convert to whoever or whatever they can dupe into supporting their dream of Kurdistan. They will accuse the Turks for the Armenian genocide while defending the Kurdish participation in it (the Kurds were fiercely pro-Ottoman at the end of the war and treated Christians like shit).

Many of those Zoroastrians in the west are larpers like the European neo-pagans. Middle class and above Iranians in the west also love Zoroastrianism. Islam is the religion of the rural and poor after all.

There is a difference between Zoroastrians in Asia and Iranian expats that convert to Zoroastrianism from Islam out of pure edge. They do pretty much exactly what European neo-pagans do, including supplementing their religion with new age mysticism and loaded politics.

Some interpretations of Zoroastrianism lead to vegetarianism, so we also have many vegan larpers.

Like we wuzzingg American negroes celebrating Ancient Egyptian celebrations. It means nothing.

Any form of Zoroastrianism today that could be called similiar to what it was ages ago with cosmogony dualism and monotheistic eschatology is practiced only among Yazidis and some Kurd sects.

Not true, the Pahlavis actually tried to bring it back, but the Zoroastrians didn't want converts entering in their society, they see other Iranians as foreigners or descendants of traitors, to them they are pure Persians and are proud of it. They stopped doing their old way of sky burial (the dead eaten by vultures) in the 70's.

The Iran-based Zoroastrians are tolerated by the government because there is a fraction in both "clergy"(of sorts) and the administration that thinks that their beliefs and way of life should be preserved as it's the "traditional Persian faith".

However, Iranian law states that the first son of Zoroastrian family who converts to Islam will get 100% of their parents' wealth as inheritance. As you might expect it's mighty effective. There were a dozen contradicting sects from what the Sassanids pushed to the Mazdakis which were "share the wealth" proto-commies.

As we type gallons of Muslim semen are shot into Muslim holes reinforcing Islam in Iran.

Anyway, Zoroastrianism isn't going to come back mainstream in Iran. Only larpers revert to it, Iranians are mainly converting to Christianity and Baha'i which both jives well with Iranian mentality. The irony of the theocracy has been that people have been put off by Islam.

Ironically, Europeans were not too keen on Zoroastrianism either (ever since Shapur committed massacres of Christians), Heraclius hated Zoroastrians more than Arabs did. In fact, Heraclius burnt more Zoroastrian fire temples than the Arabs.

If Byzantines were to win over Iran, we probably wouldn't even see a Zoroastrian minority in Yazd today that have maintained rituals dating to Sassanian era.

The Rashiduns were disgusting of course, but at least they left some Zoroastrians alone when they paid some taxes.

Zoroastrian local dynasties like Paduspanids existed in Tabaristan until 15th century for instance.
    You're generalising WAY to much (both historically and the present) and being EXTREMELY racist.

"Religion means nothing to Kurds"
    "The n word"
    "They have stopped doing their way of sky burial". We still have dakhmas in the Indian Subcontinent and in remote places in Iran.
    We still practise the religion pretty similar to what it is.

I just read the quotes in your bio and how you use the n word so frequently and it disgusting actually. I don't engage with racists.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Mandaeanism isn't really based off Christianity, it's a sister religion. It's based off Judaism. Which, incidentally, predates Zoroastrianism.
    https://blogs.getty.edu/iris/in-sear...est-religions/
    A simple Google search "Zoroastriansim world's oldest monotheistic religion" will prove that it is. This is common sense. Obviously Jews claim to predate it and Muslims claim the entire religion of Christianity and Judaism and say Jesus and even Zoroaster were Muslims.

However, what began it all was Zoroasters' teachings. This is common logic by now I thought.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-18-2021 @ 06:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    South Indian/Sri Lankan looking
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,064
    Given: 1,589

0 Not allowed!

Very off haha. Let me help you out.

1). Zoroastrianism is preserved as is by the Parsi community. In its original form.

2) Zoroastriansim DOES allow converts. Who tf said they don't. Look at the Renaissance in Kurdistan. Parsis like myself DO NOT allow conversions because of political reasons. All other Zoroastrians (and Parsis in the West) gladly allow it. Leaving Islam is punishable by death in Iran. A lot want to convert but are very fearful. And Zarathistis there don't do it out of respect and fear too.

3) nearly 10-30 percent of Iraqi Kurdistanis and Iranians identify as Zoroastrian but the Iran government stops them from officially converting and imposes really harsh penalties. Most Iranians don't even want to be Shia Muslim anymore (I can link the nationwide study if you want).

I hope this helped. If you have any other questions, I'll help.
    Wdym they don’t want to be Shia Muslims anymore? As in they want to leave Islam altogether or want to leave the sect only?

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

"Religion means nothing to Kurds." You're generalising WAY to much (both historically and the present) and being EXTREMELY racist.
    Fact.

Kurds have never been independent politically in history, even when Xenophon was fighting off their attacks. They became a deformed mishmash of confusion and divided loyalties and bickering ethnic fiefdoms, even during the Crusades.

"They have stopped doing their way of sky burial". We still have dakhmas in the Indian Subcontinent and in remote places in Iran.
    They haven't used the dakhmas in 40 years. They have cemeteries now. Look up Yazd Zoroastrian cemetery, they bury their dead between concrete slabs.

There are two dakhmas near Yazd city. One was built by a Parsi visitor maybe 100+ years ago because the other one was falling apart. But he used stone materials instead of adobe, so the orthodox Mobad (priests) of Yazd felt they were western decadence and didn't want to use them.

So they were operating these two dakhmas until the 70's until the practice was banned, now they have their own cemetery which is basically burying the body between concrete slabs so the corpse doesn't touch the soil (which to them is an abomination).

In India dakhmas are no longer in use because the vultures are extinct.

We still practise the religion pretty similar to what it is.
    Who gives a fuck really, I was just answering your question.

"The n word" I just read the quotes in your bio and how you use the n word so frequently and it disgusting actually.
    Actually I didn't. I don't give a damn about minorities, and I barely mention any of them in my posts.

This forum has more diversity than a Disney Channel original movie. You're all a bunch of know-nothing NEET minorities talking to other minorities about how much you hate to look like other minorities.

Parsis in reality:

I don't engage with racists.
    Then stop quoting me. I don't engage with brown beings either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-13-2020 @ 10:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European and pre-Indo-European.
    Ancestry
    75% French (North-West), 25% Sard (Iglesias, Monserrato, Carloforte, Sant'Antioco).
    Country
    Quebec
    Region
    Quebec
    Religion
    Agnostic, interested in paganism
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,196
    Given: 2,515

0 Not allowed!

We should accept the indo-european, neolithic and WHG religion (shamanism).

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

https://blogs.getty.edu/iris/in-sear...est-religions/
    A simple Google search "Zoroastriansim world's oldest monotheistic religion" will prove that it is. This is common sense. Obviously Jews claim to predate it and Muslims claim the entire religion of Christianity and Judaism and say Jesus and even Zoroaster were Muslims.

However, what began it all was Zoroasters' teachings. This is common logic by now I thought.
    Zoroastrianism dates to the 6th century BC, although some people who believe Zoroastrian myths put Zoroaster as a 10th century BC figure. Obviously, like all religions, Zoroastrianism borrowed elements of native Iranian paganism which go back much further, but this cannot be considered monotheism. By this point the House of David was already in charge of Judah - a fact, not just a religious belief, they're mentioned in historical records such as the Moabite stele. By the 6th century BC the Torah had already been compiled and redacted (not just written) with archaeological evidence suggesting the Judeans stopped eating pork around 1200BC and Jewish/Abrahamic belief (which is wrong/hard to prove but I'm comparing it to Zoroastrian belief) putting Abraham at around 1900BC and Moses and Sinai at 1450BC or so. The probable reality is that the Cult of Yah or YHWH had existed since the late 2nd millennium BC but only completely displaced the Semitic pantheon (amongst Israelites) sometime in the 7th or early 6th centuries BC, which is not to say it wasn't prominent before then, as it had spawned two distinct religions by the mid 6th century (the other being Samaritanism) that clearly had roots in the political divide between Judah and Israel (10th-7th century BC) further suggesting the cult predated that era.

Monotheism makes much more sense in a NW Semitic context, as monolatry is known to have been practised by the Ugarits as early as the mid 3rd millennium BC, so monotheism is a natural 'next step' from that point.

Obviously if you search 'zoroastrianism oldest religion' that's what will come up, if I search 'Biden sexiest man alive' Biden will probably come up too. I know this is what Zoroastrians want/need to believe, but it's simply not true and the vast majority of scholars agree. If it makes you feel any better I doubt Judaism impacted the creation of Zoroastrianism - too far away.
    Last edited by Longbowman; 11-29-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Fact.

Kurds have never been independent politically in history, even when Xenophon was fighting off their attacks. They became a deformed mishmash of confusion and divided loyalties and bickering ethnic fiefdoms, even during the Crusades.

They haven't used the dakhmas in 40 years. They have cemeteries now. Look up Yazd Zoroastrian cemetery, they bury their dead between concrete slabs.

There are two dakhmas near Yazd city. One was built by a Parsi visitor maybe 100+ years ago because the other one was falling apart. But he used stone materials instead of adobe, so the orthodox Mobad (priests) of Yazd felt they were western decadence and didn't want to use them.

So they were operating these two dakhmas until the 70's until the practice was banned, now they have their own cemetery which is basically burying the body between concrete slabs so the corpse doesn't touch the soil (which to them is an abomination).

In India dakhmas are no longer in use because the vultures are extinct.

Who gives a fuck really, I was just answering your question.

Actually I didn't. I don't give a damn about minorities, and I barely mention any of them in my posts.

This forum has more diversity than a Disney Channel original movie. You're all a bunch of know-nothing NEET minorities talking to other minorities about how much you hate to look like other minorities.

Parsis in reality:

Then stop quoting me. I don't engage with brown beings either.
    1) you can find dakhmas everywhere.

2)Whites Christians ARE a minority. Wdym I don't care about minorities and we try to look like other minorities. Wtf are you saying?

3) Dakhmas have been in operation in Karachi and many other places.

4) I've lived in Iran too

5) Lmao. That is how Parsis SOME look. Have you seen some Persians too? Want me to go cherry picking too?
    And Anthony Monserrat the Portuguese explorer. Read about his encounter with Parsis. Maybe actually read about all this because you clearly barking racist shit at this point.

6) don't you DARE accuse you me of having "OWD". I literally argued with someone who said I was white saying I didn't look white and looked Afghani. People with OWD do anything to appear white not argue against it.
    Last edited by Randommembr; 11-29-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Wdym they don’t want to be Shia Muslims anymore? As in they want to leave Islam altogether or want to leave the sect only?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconv...beliefs-145253
    It's even more among western(UK, US, Canada) Iranians.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information