Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Classify South Asian Football (soccer) teams please! Don't be lazy, click the link and comment.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 08:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 452
    Given: 821

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Azbuzz View Post
    It's way to complicated than that too. boundaries between provinces are funny too.For example, my city of Karachi has 7 million Pashtuns (the most on the planet). You go to my area of saddar, and the only groups really are Dawoodi Bohras and Parsis and Gujarati is widely spoken. You go to Lyari and you have a ton of Siddis. Anyways, I went of track. If Karachi has more Pashtuns and other nationalities than Sindhis, why should it not be considered part of Middle east (Iran) or Central Asia(Afghanistan) (in your opinion) like West Pakistan is? Many people in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa aren't even Pashtuns and there are more pashtuns in Karachi than Peshawar and Kabul. It all gets very complicated haha.
    You don't consider Sri Lanka as South Asia? Maldives? Sri Lanka is almost universally considered part of South Asia.

Anyways, can you classify/taxonomise the players from all countries please?
    The Parsis in Pakistan came from India, probably Bombay, not too long ago I believe. I read this in one of the Pakistani online newspapers some years back.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 08:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 452
    Given: 821

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Demhat View Post
    It's impossible to define the borders between South and Central Asia by the state borders of the regions. For example you have parts in Pakistan like Gilgit Baltistan and Pamir mountains that are located higher on the map than even most of Afghanistan and almost border Tajikistan. Should we consider that geographically as South Asia?

For me personally South Asian is India, the Punjab and Sindh parts of Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal, Sri Lanka
    Gilgit Baltistan is disputed by India as being part of Jammu and Kashmir rather than part of Pakistan. Also the largest population in those areas are Dardic language speakers. Dardic is an Indian language group. Therefore based on language as well as being controlled by Pakistan and claimed by India, we can consider that area as being part of South Asia.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-07-2021 @ 05:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 300
    Given: 21

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by turbosat View Post
    The Parsis in Pakistan came from India, probably Bombay, not too long ago I believe. I read this in one of the Pakistani online newspapers some years back.
    Quite a few of them had settled in Karachi before partition too.
    There are even some in Punjab(Lahore) and Baluchistan (both Iran Baluchesitan and Pakistani Balochistan).

Do you do taxonomy? Could you classify the players? Do any of them look predominantly Punjab like you probably do(since you are Punjabi?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Bump. STILL haven't got a classification for the teams

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-11-2023 @ 03:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1 (Mede => Parthian)
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,095
    Given: 1,505

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by turbosat View Post
    Gilgit Baltistan is disputed by India as being part of Jammu and Kashmir rather than part of Pakistan. Also the largest population in those areas are Dardic language speakers. Dardic is an Indian language group. Therefore based on language as well as being controlled by Pakistan and claimed by India, we can consider that area as being part of South Asia.
    yeah but I was talking about Central Asia more in a geographic sense, in that sense Gilgit Baltistan is closer to Tajikistan as to 95% of India (Kashmir being the 5%). Maltese speak literally a language mostly descend of Arabic, but that doesn't make Malta Middle Eastern.

But speaking soleley in genetic and ethno-linguistic sense. Than yes Gilgit-Baltistan is rather part of South Asia, I agree on that.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

yeah but I was talking about Central Asia more in a geographic sense, in that sense Gilgit Baltistan is closer to Tajikistan as to 95% of India (Kashmir being the 5%). Maltese speak literally a language mostly descend of Arabic, but that doesn't make Malta Middle Eastern.

But speaking soleley in genetic and ethno-linguistic sense. Than yes Gilgit-Baltistan is rather part of South Asia, I agree on that.
    Do any of the players look Gilgiti though? What would you classify all the teams as?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Bump. STILL haven't got a classification for the teams
    The Iranian team belongs vastly to Central(Persific) and Northern/Western Iranic types with very few East Iranic types in it.

The Afghan fans vastly belong to the Eastern (mix of Northeastern and Southeastern there) Iranic types with one of them looking actually more like a Western type.

The Bangladeshi team looks like a mix of Central Indian and Southeast Eurasian elements.

The Sri Lanka team looks like a mix of South_Central Indians crossed with Gondi People.

India has various India types, from Nepalese to Southern, Gondi, Central to Punjabi/Sikh looking. Everything is there.

Pakistan team mostly a mix of Northwestern Indian/Punjabi and Eastern iranic types, with some few even looking Central Indian.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The Iranian team belongs vastly to Central(Persific) and Northern/Western Iranic types with very few East Iranic types in it.

The Afghan fans vastly belong to the Eastern (mix of Northeastern and Southeastern there) Iranic types with one of them looking actually more like a Western type.

The Bangladeshi team looks like a mix of Central Indian and Southeast Eurasian elements.

The Sri Lanka team looks like a mix of South_Central Indians crossed with Gondi People.

India has various India types, from Nepalese to Southern, Gondi, Central to Punjabi/Sikh looking. Everything is there.

Pakistan team mostly a mix of Northwestern Indian/Punjabi and Eastern iranic types, with some few even looking Central Indian.
    Persific means? What provinces are central Iran? Yazd,Isfahan? Kerman?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Persific means? What provinces are central Iran? Yazd,Isfahan? Kerman?
    A term I introduced lol, meant to say Persian like, Central Iranic look.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I see very few Pakistanis who look even remotely Persian. Maybe 1 or 2 in the guys. An eastern Iranian barely varies if at all from a Central Iranian. Ayatollah Khomeneni is a great example of an east Iranian. So is Hasan Rouhani. I don't see ANY Pakistanis who'd fit in Eastern Iran (maybe exception of Baluchistan). Irl of course there are a handful, but from this team, just curious how many, or rather which ones would pass and which Eastern province in Iran.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information