Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MAJOR RANT - Pseudo Science Cherrypicking, white obssession, racism, lack of exposure to phenotypes.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-07-2021 @ 05:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 300
    Given: 21

11 Not allowed!

Default MAJOR RANT - Pseudo Science Cherrypicking, white obssession, racism, lack of exposure to phenotypes.

So I just joined this sub and there are a few topics I want to get of my chest that even experienced users don't understand.

1) be nice to each other man. No racism, no hate, just be kind and disrespectful.

2) learn the difference between ethnicity and nationality. For example, don't use John Abraham or Freddie Mercury to showcase the average phenotype of Mumbai. The US/Canada aren't the only places with diversity.

3) How have we come to being so white obssessed? Every second post is "who looks whiter, this or that nationality"? People get extremely offended if you guess them as more Southern or Eastern than they really are, yet they don't mind if you guess them as more Western/northern.
    Cherrypicking crowds that look white and then someone cherrypicks darker crowds and we go back and forth with the BS pseudo science. The difference in color can easily be attributed lighting or difference in ethnicity. DON'T always trust google.
    Actually leave your home and basement and travel the world or come to Toronto to see many different phenotypes or see travel vlogs. The only way you can properly understand different phenotypes is exposure to them.go out, talk to people.

4) passing is different from looking entirely like an ethnicity. Neil Nitin Mukesh passes in North India quite easily, but it's NOT his entire best fit. best fit is where majority of folk look like you.

5)Genotype doesn't always equal to phenotype. Phenotype/bones can CHANGE depending on if you mouth breathe etc.

5) people are too strict on borders. Ethnic groups can cross into other lands. For example, I've seen a lot of people claim western Pakistan is Iranian and KPK province is Pashtun. Yet it's not Kabul or Peshawar that has the most Pashtuns on the planet, it's actually Karachi in the east...... People try to tell me (someone who's grown up in Karachi) that East Pakistanis are Indic looking yet West Pakistanis Iranic looking? That can't make sense based on my experience and the ethnic groups present in east Pakistan in karachi. This is just an example.

6) people like a certain Jatt Pakistani on the sub (not taking names) confuse the fuck out of me. He makes an entire whole ass comment bashing Iran (it's in my thread) only to make a post saying Pakistanis are Iranian looking (with cherrypicked images obviously) with Caucasian blood. It's almost as cringe as some of you who post here and are obssessed with whiteness yet probably complain about racism irl...

That's it. Lemme know if you agree

Last Online
    09-25-2023 @ 12:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    celtic
    Ethnicity
    British american french american
    Ancestry
    brition and france
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    r- l151
    mtDNA
    h5a
    Taxonomy
    huh?
    Politics
    no
    Hero
    huh?
    Religion
    non
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Azbuzz View Post
    So I just joined this sub and there are a few topics I want to get of my chest that even experienced users don't understand.

1) be nice to each other man. No racism, no hate, just be kind and disrespectful.

2) learn the difference between ethnicity and nationality. For example, don't use John Abraham or Freddie Mercury to showcase the average phenotype of Mumbai. The US/Canada aren't the only places with diversity.

3) How have we come to being so white obssessed? Every second post is "who looks whiter, this or that nationality"? People get extremely offended if you guess them as more Southern or Eastern than they really are, yet they don't mind if you guess them as more Western/northern.
    Cherrypicking crowds that look white and then someone cherrypicks darker crowds and we go back and forth with the BS pseudo science. The difference in color can easily be attributed lighting or difference in ethnicity. DON'T always trust google.
    Actually leave your home and basement and travel the world or come to Toronto to see many different phenotypes or see travel vlogs. The only way you can properly understand different phenotypes is exposure to them.go out, talk to people.

4) passing is different from looking entirely like an ethnicity. Neil Nitin Mukesh passes in North India quite easily, but it's NOT his entire best fit. best fit is where majority of folk look like you.

5)Genotype doesn't always equal to phenotype. Phenotype/bones can CHANGE depending on if you mouth breathe etc.

5) people are too strict on borders. Ethnic groups can cross into other lands. For example, I've seen a lot of people claim western Pakistan is Iranian and KPK province is Pashtun. Yet it's not Kabul or Peshawar that has the most Pashtuns on the planet, it's actually Karachi in the east...... People try to tell me (someone who's grown up in Karachi) that East Pakistanis are Indic looking yet West Pakistanis Iranic looking? That can't make sense based on my experience and the ethnic groups present in east Pakistan in karachi. This is just an example.

6) people like a certain Jatt Pakistani on the sub (not taking names) confuse the fuck out of me. He makes an entire whole ass comment bashing Iran (it's in my thread) only to make a post saying Pakistanis are Iranian looking (with cherrypicked images obviously) with Caucasian blood. It's almost as cringe as some of you who post here and are obssessed with whiteness yet probably complain about racism irl...

That's it. Lemme know if you agree
    I agree with you.Funny because,i kept being classified as more light( british) when i want to be more dark(mediterranean).ive seen people talking about what racial type is more classy( hallstatt) or whatever and it seems ridiculous. No race is better looking than another and non are more or less masculine. What do think about nose prominece?? It seems to me this dinarid thing has gotten out of hand, because i see a more prominent nose in all european populations including places were the people are very far north like sami and scandinavians.

Sent from my Z558VL using Tapatalk

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeedog View Post
    I agree with you.Funny because,i kept being classified as more light( british) when i want to be more dark(mediterranean).ive seen people talking about what racial type is more classy( hallstatt) or whatever and it seems ridiculous. No race is better looking than another and non are more or less masculine. What do think about nose prominece?? It seems to me this dinarid thing has gotten out of hand, because i see a more prominent nose in all european populations including places were the people are very far north like sami and scandinavians.

I think it's perfectly okay to choose your ideal phenotype or something you want to look like just for fun. BUT when you legitimately start getting obssessed with trying to look like another ethnicity or when you genuinely start believing that everyone belonging to a certain phenotype is ugly, that's when the problem really starts.

SOME of these classifications are now outdated/haven't been studied enough or were classifications actually used by Nazis and their BS race science.... A lot of it is legit too for sure.

Nose prominence. Well ON AVERAGE certain ethnicities definitely have larger noses, but the size/shape of the nose depends on a whole host of other varieties too like mouth breathing, age etc

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeedog View Post

I think it's perfectly okay to choose your ideal phenotype or something you want to look like just for fun. BUT when you legitimately start getting obssessed with trying to look like another ethnicity or when you genuinely start believing that everyone belonging to a certain phenotype is ugly, that's when the problem really starts.

SOME of these classifications are now outdated/haven't been studied enough or were classifications actually used by Nazis and their BS race science.... A lot of it is legit too for sure.

Nose prominence. Well ON AVERAGE certain ethnicities definitely have larger noses, but the size/shape of the nose depends on a whole host of other varieties too like mouth breathing, age etc

Last Online
    11-03-2023 @ 09:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,274
    Given: 1,063

1 Not allowed!

most people arent obscessed with west or north stuff, many people arent exposed to and familiar with whole diversity of the regions , so guess people wrongly and these wrong guessing things get brought into this.

btw you seem to know a lot about this forum for someone joined yesterday.
    Last edited by lameduck; 12-02-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Last Online
    11-03-2023 @ 09:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,274
    Given: 1,063

0 Not allowed!

Last edited by lameduck; 12-02-2020 at 08:18 PM.

Last Online
    04-22-2022 @ 02:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Russian, German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,448
    Given: 918

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lameduck View Post
    most people aren't obsessed with west or north stuff, many people aren't exposed to and familiar with whole diversity of the regions , so guess people wrongly and these wrong guessing things get brought into this.

He could've been lurking on here as a guest for some time.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lameduck View Post
    most people arent obscessed with west or north stuff, many people arent exposed to and familiar with whole diversity of the regions , so guess people wrongly and these wrong guessing things get brought into this.

Ya I was a guest for a month or so. PLEASE explain then why certain users like Jatt something (not taking full names) make lengthy posts cherrypicking the whitest Punjabis and North Indians and then trash countries like Iran. It sounds really ibssesive to me that someone needs to make collages etc and falsely show what the average North Indian /Pakistani /Punjabi looks like.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,620
    Given: 21,626

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Azbuzz View Post

Agree. We already know that people simply give anyone a classification based on the flag or ethnicity that that person has in his avatar, or they search a clue in the pics to know aproximately where you could came from, if you don´t show them.

Excepting the very obvious individuals, of course, but those individuals are not so common.

Anyone who follows those threads for a few days can see this.

If there are no clear clues, few or none of them dare to say anything, or they give ambiguous classifications to always be able to say ... "yes, I already said that he had certain traits ...".

Of course, from time to time they get it right.(when there is no obvious evidence of an origin, I mean).

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,135
    Given: 9,066

0 Not allowed!

When I want to look darker than I am is that an OWD? ON WHITE DILLEMA?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information