PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Why are Europeans such fags now? - Page 27
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Why are Europeans such fags now?

Last Online
    05-18-2021 @ 07:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Northern Euboea
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,448
    Given: 668

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
    I personally believe in God (of whatever you wanna call "him"), but in the same time I believe in evolution and science.

For those who think that Universe was created "by accident" I would just ask them one question:

Imagine in metahporical way that you would gave around 10 billion of letters in a bag, 10 or 20 billion of letters IN A BAG, and now imagine you throw that letters from a high building and ALL OF THOSE LETTERS fall down to the ground AND WRITE THE BOOK HAMLET by itself.

So, letters should fall down on the ground in exact position to write HAMLET.

What are the chances for something like that? Well let me tell you somethin; IMPOSSIBLE, doesn't matter how many times you throw those letters IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, but yet... it happened with universe.

And "it is an accident"? Oh well, it's not only spiritual thing, it doesn't have any logic what so ever.
    A metaphor can't be an explanation for the creation of the universe.Don't forget that it took billions of years for life to become what it is today,it was far from being a well written book at the beginning.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Sakis stop fighting Jesus

Seriously now, i used to be more certain tjst God exists 10 years ago, than today. But nobody be sure for the opposite either (that God doesnt exist). Atheism is a kind of faith, jisy like religions are. Scholars are more usually agnostic than atheists

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,302
    Given: 8,227

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
    I personally believe in God (of whatever you wanna call "him"), but in the same time I believe in evolution and science.

For those who think that Universe was created "by accident" I would just ask them one question:

Imagine in metahporical way that you would gave around 10 billion of letters in a bag, 10 or 20 billion of letters IN A BAG, and now imagine you throw that letters from a high building and ALL OF THOSE LETTERS fall down to the ground AND WRITE THE BOOK HAMLET by itself.

So, letters should fall down on the ground in exact position to write HAMLET.

What are the chances for something like that? Well let me tell you somethin; IMPOSSIBLE, doesn't matter how many times you throw those letters IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, but yet... it happened with universe.

And "it is an accident"? Oh well, it's not only spiritual thing, it doesn't have any logic what so ever.
    What's so objectively special about our universe though? I mean, why this specific one is to represent Hamlet and why any other potential one is to represent random gibberish? Yeah, it does seem sort of convenient and fit for us. But this has to do with our specific evolution - smarter members of our species were more likely to survive at one point and therefore had a potential to have more offspring. The sense of curiosity and awe kinda comes up with that. If our universe came up differently, something else might have evolved and think in the exact same way. As I hinted up on that, we're not created 'by accident' - this sort of natural selection isn't random.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2022 @ 10:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,065
    Given: 3,120

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    Like the Christian bearing the name Julian who went to North Africa in 711 and asked them to conquer Spain. Teutone now asks the North African Nassbean that.
    There is little chance Julian was european, most books I've read conclude that he was probably a local christian berber

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,268
    Given: 13,628

5 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    What's so objectively special about our universe though? I mean, why this specific one is to represent Hamlet and why any other potential one is to represent random gibberish? Yeah, it does seem sort of convenient and fit for us. But this has to do with our specific evolution - smarter members of our species were more likely to survive at one point and therefore had a potential to have more offspring. The sense of curiosity and awe kinda comes up with that. If our universe came up differently, something else might have evolved and think in the exact same way. As I hinted up on that, we're not created 'by accident' - this sort of natural selection isn't random.
    Natural selection is a key mechanism of evolution. But the thing is that it comes after consciousness. For example, single-cell organisms don't possess consciousness, but yet it appears as if they have one. They multiply based on chemical and physical stimulus from the environment as if it is ordained that complex life emerges from such processes. Vastness of the Universe is irrelevant considering how unlikely some processes are. And that is why some, mostly theists argue that the evolution was a guided process, whether directly or is just something inherent by the laws of nature.

However, Robocop's analogy is not any kind of argument if it can be called as an argument. Atheist, scientists etc can always find an explanation that doesn't have to involve supernatural. Since such explanations also are not much satisfying In the end it always come to 'we don't know'.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,750
    Given: 3,189

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakis View Post
    Don't forget that it took billions of years for life to become what it is today
    Nah, only aprox. 550 millions.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,302
    Given: 8,227

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    Natural selection is a key mechanism of evolution. But the thing is that it comes after consciousness. For example, single-cell organisms don't possess consciousness, but yet it appears as if they have one.

They multiply based on chemical and physical stimulus from the environment as if it is ordained that complex life emerges from such processes. Vastness of the Universe is irrelevant considering how unlikely some processes are. And that is why some, mostly theists argue that the evolution was a guided process, whether directly or is just something inherent by the laws of nature.
    Consciousness is a favorable thing to have when the evolution of your species is heading towards outsmarting the competition as opposed to overpower them in a different way. Slowly evolving some proto-nervous system is an expected outcome because of that. Consciousness itself is ultimately nothing special, just this proces taken into perfection. And indeed they appear as though they had one - because the behavorial patterns which lead to success are all the same for a specific niche. Most non-conscious life just takes the simple way of immitating it by 'instinct' (although that's far from the perfect word for that), but the mechanism is the same - they do the stuff they do because some of their ancestors did that, it proved to be advantageous and thus they've inherited the genes and do the same thing. A thing like human brain is a huge investment, since it takes up lot of energy.

However, Robocop's analogy is not any argument if it can be called as an argument. Atheist, scientists etc can always find an explanation that doesn't have to involve supernatural. Since such explanations also are not much satisfying In the end it always come to 'we don't know'.
    Partially agreed and more on that later. But when it comes to origins of life and evolution, we have some pretty good ideas whistanding the test of time since Darwin. We are only improving the theory and every new discovery is consistent with what we already knew. Neither biology nor chemistry are physics, which we don't know all that much about yet. But above the level of atoms, I don't think the paradigm is ever gonna be challenged in any way. As for the supernatural. Yeah, there's always such a possibility. But I believe that the world around is as 'real' as it gets. True, even solipsism is a real phylosophical possibility, but try to pose that as an argument at a court. We work with what we can and we have to assume at least some degree of consistency. Otherwise we do fringe philosophy and not science.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread Information