Thread: Ruiz Jr. becomes first Mexican heavyweight champion in boxing: wins WBA , IBF, WBO and IBO belts

Big Time Hustler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanoamericano
    Ethnicity
    Mexican National
    Country
    Mexico
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,180
    Given: 8,859

2 Not allowed!

Default Ruiz Jr. becomes first Mexican heavyweight champion in boxing: wins WBA , IBF, WBO and IBO belts

By
    MATT MCNULTY
    June 05, 2019 11:50 AM

Andy Ruiz Jr. did the unthinkable over the weekend and knocked out former undefeated heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua to win the title in a massive upset.

Ruiz, who was an 11 to 1 underdog, defeated Joshua by the seventh round to win the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight titles.

The newly minted heavyweight champ stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live on Tuesday and detailed everything that went into the biggest win of his entire career.

“It’s a blessing to be here and be the first Mexican heavyweight champion of the world,” Ruiz told Kimmel.

He continued, “At first I did [have doubts about winning]. But with all the training we’ve been doing since my last fight against Alexander Dimitrenko back on April 20, I was already prepared for this fight. I kept telling everyone that I’m gonna win this fight, but everyone kept doubting me. Nobody believed me.”

Ruiz told Kimmel that he started training at a boxing gym when he was just six years old and had his first amateur boxing match at the age of seven.

The circumstances surrounding Ruiz’s victory led to an abbreviated training time, as the 29-year-old was a late replacement for Jarrell Miller, who was denied a license to box after failing a drug test for performance-enhancing substances, ESPN reported.

Having done the unthinkable and unseating the heavyweight champion, Ruiz will likely be facing a rematch against the British-born Joshua in his first title defense.

“I had a month and two weeks [to prepare for Joshua fight],” Ruiz revealed. “If he wants a rematch, I’ll give it to him. I’m willing to go over there or we can do it over here … Here in America or Mexico. We’re still going through negotiations.”

he newly crowned champion earned himself $7 million for the Joshua bout, according to Sporting News, but Ruiz wasn’t the only person to cash out on Saturday night. Ruiz told Kimmel that his family bet money on him to win, and were rewarded for their faith as he overcame 11 to 1 odds to defeat Joshua.

“My dad brother and mom, all of them made almost $10,000 (betting) on me,” he shared.

https://people.com/sports/andy-ruiz-...oshua-victory/

Highlights of the war!

Big Time Hustler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanoamericano
    Ethnicity
    Mexican National
    Country
    Mexico
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

In other great news, this weekend Henry Cejudo became a 2 division champion in the UFC.
    Henry Cejudo Is UFC's Strangest Superstar After Becoming 2-Division Champion

JEREMY BOTTER
    JUNE 9, 2019

Just a couple of days ago, before he beat the brakes off Marlon Moraes in the main event of UFC 238 on Saturday night to win the bantamweight title, Henry Cejudo showed up to a press conference wearing a robe and crown.

It was awkward and weird, but it was the sort of awkward and weird we expect from Cejudo, who is a thrilling fighter and athlete—and who is also awkward and weird. Which is to say that it was endearing and embarrassing at the same time. But then Cejudo started doing a magic show, and that's when the inevitable cringe set in.

Yes: a magic show. He pulled out the rabbit and everything. The whole nine yards. President Dana White was mortified. Moraes giggled like a five-year-old. Then Cejudo kicked the rabbit.

"I pulled out the rabbit, which was Marlon Moraes, and then I kicked it," he said. "That's my magic trick. I don't believe in magic. It's all a bunch of illusions. Show me Saturday night."

Groan.

Cejudo, try as he might, is no Chael Sonnen. When Sonnen, the character—part-Superstar Billy Graham, part-xenophobic precursor to Donald Trump, American President—took the mixed martial arts world by storm nearly a decade ago, he did so with a twinkle in his eye and a look that said: You know what I'm doing, right?

The Olympian clearly wants to do the same sort of character advancement, but it just doesn't feel right. Something is off. Yet you can't blame him for doing whatever it takes to stand out because Cejudo is obviously smart enough to realize one crucial thing: that being the best, most technical, most dominant and elite flyweight fighter in the world is only good enough to get you traded to Singapore.

But it's a double-edged sword, as Cejudo may find out going forward. A ridiculous, over-the-top gimmick only works if you keep winning. If you lose, especially repeatedly, you run the risk of not being taken seriously.

Full article: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ision-champion

Big Time Hustler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanoamericano
    Ethnicity
    Mexican National
    Country
    Mexico
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravado View Post
    In other great news, this weekend Henry Cejudo became a 2 division champion in the UFC.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 05:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,027
    Given: 5,557

0 Not allowed!

he's fat

Last Online
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Martian From Venus
    Ethnicity
    Hunbritarian
    Ancestry
    TheHuns
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    Killer
    Politics
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Philippians 4.13
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,810
    Given: 13,754

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by happycow View Post
    he's fat
    But he did nice job considering .
    I dont watch a lot of AJ but looked like his gas tank was suspect in that fight, he look very hesitant and conservative, he had the odd moment where he showed some flare and looked like he could have done some damage on Ruiz if some of his fast combos connected ... he just looked off.

Congrats to Ruiz he came forward , threw bombs and pulled off a very unexpected W.
    https://vocaroo.com/1f1IYpCqGQPy
    one thing I can tell you is you got to be free

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 06:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Ethnicity
    Mexican Mestizo
    Ancestry
    Mexico
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,874
    Given: 12,909

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthier View Post

By
    MATT MCNULTY
    June 05, 2019 11:50 AM

Andy Ruiz Jr. did the unthinkable over the weekend and knocked out former undefeated heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua to win the title in a massive upset.

Ruiz, who was an 11 to 1 underdog, defeated Joshua by the seventh round to win the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight titles.

The newly minted heavyweight champ stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live on Tuesday and detailed everything that went into the biggest win of his entire career.

“It’s a blessing to be here and be the first Mexican heavyweight champion of the world,” Ruiz told Kimmel.

He continued, “At first I did [have doubts about winning]. But with all the training we’ve been doing since my last fight against Alexander Dimitrenko back on April 20, I was already prepared for this fight. I kept telling everyone that I’m gonna win this fight, but everyone kept doubting me. Nobody believed me.”

Ruiz told Kimmel that he started training at a boxing gym when he was just six years old and had his first amateur boxing match at the age of seven.

The circumstances surrounding Ruiz’s victory led to an abbreviated training time, as the 29-year-old was a late replacement for Jarrell Miller, who was denied a license to box after failing a drug test for performance-enhancing substances, ESPN reported.

Having done the unthinkable and unseating the heavyweight champion, Ruiz will likely be facing a rematch against the British-born Joshua in his first title defense.

“I had a month and two weeks [to prepare for Joshua fight],” Ruiz revealed. “If he wants a rematch, I’ll give it to him. I’m willing to go over there or we can do it over here … Here in America or Mexico. We’re still going through negotiations.”

he newly crowned champion earned himself $7 million for the Joshua bout, according to Sporting News, but Ruiz wasn’t the only person to cash out on Saturday night. Ruiz told Kimmel that his family bet money on him to win, and were rewarded for their faith as he overcame 11 to 1 odds to defeat Joshua.

“My dad brother and mom, all of them made almost $10,000 (betting) on me,” he shared.

https://people.com/sports/andy-ruiz-...oshua-victory/

Highlights of the war!

Why are you posting Andy Ruiz as a "Mexican' according to you he can never be Mexican since he is Mexican-American.

Andrés Ponce Ruiz Jr. (born September 11, 1989) is an American professional boxer.[4][5][6] He is a former unified heavyweight champion, having defeated Anthony Joshua to win the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO titles in 2019 to become the first male boxer of Mexican heritage to win a world heavyweight championship.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ruiz_Jr.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 06:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Ethnicity
    Mexican Mestizo
    Ancestry
    Mexico
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,874
    Given: 12,909

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthier View Post

You got to use Chicanos MMA CHAMPS as Mexicans ? Mexico doesn't produce MMA CHAMPS. Their is many Mexican-American MMA CHAMPS

Henry Cejudo is a bad as CHICANO ,he isn't Mexican according to you,so stop using MMA champs as Mexican.

Henry Cejudo
    Henry Carlos Cejudo (born February 9, 1987) is an American former professional mixed martial artist and freestyle wrestler. He is the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Flyweight Champion and Bantamweight Champion. He is the fourth UFC fighter to hold titles in two different weight classes simultaneously, and the second to defend titles in two different weight divisions. He is the only person to win an Olympic gold medal and a UFC title.[6]
    He is considered to be among the greatest combat athletes of all time due to his accomplishments in MMA and freestyle wrestling.[7][8][9][10][11]
    He is considered to be among the greatest combat athletes of all time due to his accomplishments in MMA and freestyle wrestling.[7][8][9][10][11]

Born to Mexican immigrants Jorge Cejudo and Nelly Rico in Los Angeles, California, Henry Cejudo is the second youngest of the family's seven siblings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Cejudo

Last Online
    07-17-2023 @ 10:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo Duplex
    Ethnicity
    All-None
    Country
    South-Korea
    Religion
    Fas
    Thumbs Up