Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Are there Turkish people like me?

Last Online
    01-22-2023 @ 10:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,249
    Given: 524

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyp View Post
    I'm not stupid, I didn't question their tables like mtdna clustering. I just questioned a couple of them where the sample seems scatchy.

A general question:
    Do you really believe Kurds (from Kurdistan) are more East Eurasian than Azeris and Turks?

How do you explain Azeris scoring so much more East Eurasian on Gedmatch and g25? You once claimed that the Iranic ancestry of Kurds eats the East Eurasian in comparison to the Anatolian Greek ancestry of Turks. But that wouldn't apply to Azeris. So how do you explain it in their case?
    How can i answer this when I haven’t seen any serious studies with Azeri samples or Turkish samples. Dilawer is strict about accuracy that’s why he only uses WGS or 1250k genotyped samples. That’s probably why he doesn’t have any Azeri samples because there aren’t any public WGS Azeris. The 2 WGS or Simmons Turks he had access to where Kayseri so who knows what their background is but they wouldn’t represent all Turks. The kurd wgs he used are 100% kurmanji and you can see for yourself how they compare with various Turkics and steppe-ia

E Eurasian is a loaded subject because it overlaps with AASI that Persians and kurds have more than Turks and Azeris. According to the Mt-Dna paper you looked at kurds had Indian 6.6% Mt-Dna M1a.

I can pretty confidently say that if you don’t include AASI then kurds have more E Asian than Persians but as far as Kurds-Azeris-Turks it’ll come down to the tribe and individual. In W Asia Kurds have one of highest R1a. Just keep open mind and hope there’s more WGS samples in future

I just said using admixture program E Asian will fluctuate depending how close the west asian sources are to tester. If they re really close E Asian goes down. If they’re far E Asian goes up. So if you use various kurds and greeks in a calculator for components E Asian in Turks will go down but if you use Armenians and Georgians it ll go up. That’s why you have to use formal stats

Last Online
    05-30-2021 @ 10:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Cuman,Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Tatar/Slav/Caucasian
    Ancestry
    Southern Dobruja,Caucasia,Bulgaria
    Country
    Romania
    Taxonomy
    Pontid with asiatic vibes
    Politics
    Cultural Turanism, Anti-Anatolianism/Arabism
    Hero
    Spartacus,Robespierre
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Komintasavalta View Post
    I think the OP is the Romanian/Turkish/whatever troll who has a thousand socks.

Other accounts I suspect him have also said that they have Balkan and Turkic roots.

BTHUN is a user who registered last month with a Romanian flag. His first post was this:

Translation:

My father's side is from the Southern Dobruja (North East Bulgaria, Romanian border) region within the borders of Bulgaria. My grandfather is Silistre, my grandmother is from Pazarcık (Dobrich). Both my grandfather and grandmother are half Pomak and half Tatar. My grandfather and my grandmother and the family in 1937 the family İSKANLI immigrant status upon Ataturk's call came to Turkey in 1935.

My mother's side is from Giresun. The grandmother's side, according to the population records, appears to be Giresun until the 1830s (No earlier record) My grandfather comes from a laz family of Trabzon origin (they came to Giresun.)

Also I think the user Dobruja who registered this month is the same person. He also said that he lives in Romania but that he has Gagauz ancestry:

BTHUN's ethnicity is set as "Tatar/Slav/Caucasian", but accounts that I think might be this troll with a thousand socks have often posted about Tatars, and they often say they they are of mixed ethnicity. BTHUN puts a space before question marks like Edgü, Yamyam, Chinese Kurd, and Friedrich Ulrich.

Dobruja used the smilie ")", but Friedrich Ulrich also used ")))))", and Bmack and SamuelPomper both used "=))".

Dobruja and Please both used the smilie "" in a thread title. I think Please is the same person too. (However unlike I said previously, maybe SCARtem was not actually him, but Please was just an account where he imitated SCARtem's posting style. He has imitated different AnthroScape users on his other accounts, like for example Gommi pretended to be HenryW.)
    wtf ? I just saw this

Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 07:39 AM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,074
    Given: 906

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BTHUN View Post
    wtf ? I just saw this
    He thinks we two are the same person.

Last Online
    05-30-2021 @ 10:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Cuman,Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Tatar/Slav/Caucasian
    Ancestry
    Southern Dobruja,Caucasia,Bulgaria
    Country
    Romania
    Taxonomy
    Pontid with asiatic vibes
    Politics
    Cultural Turanism, Anti-Anatolianism/Arabism
    Hero
    Spartacus,Robespierre
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 10

2 Not allowed!

he is literally a schizo

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BTHUN View Post
    he is literally a schizo
    Might be.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    Also guys, please stop talking nonsense! There are at least 50% ethnic Turks in Turkey who have more or less Turkic ancestry. For example; I'm one of them and have no known roots other than being Turk, probably due to this I have at least 25%-40% Turkic ancestry. And as I said before, at least 50% of Turkey are like this! (Judging from 467 ethnic Turkish results I've seen)

Yes, Turkey is an ethnically cosmopolite but ethnic Turks are racially not! Although there are ethnic Turks from NE coasts who have no Central Asian Turkic ancestry and Eastern Turks who have too little, most ethnic Turks still have Turkic roots. Of course some have more, some have less. So they are not non-existent!

Most ethnic Turks like me have 25%-50% Turkic roots and this means we have more Anatolian roots than Turkic one but this doesn't make us fake Turkics and racially cosmopolite! Indeed ethnic Turks from each regions of Turkey are still closer to each other than their neighbouring populations. Except NE coast Turks who are closer to Caucasuan populations but they're still as Turk as me & you

Balkan Turks are different story. They can have same amounts of Turkic ancestry as Anatolian Turks and sometimes little-to-non. So an average Anatolian Turk is "Turkic + Anatolian" & an average Balkan Turk is "Turkic + Balkan(Slav or Native)" but this doesn't make us different or someone less/fake Turk than other one.
    What do you mean when saying Turks are racially not cosmopolite? If cosmopolite means diverse then I respect but I don't agree at all.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 10:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    insan
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,748
    Given: 9,033

1 Not allowed!

Bosniaks are one of the most reputable people which i met here, their courtesy and attitude reminds me to the Turks. Even if you are calling yourself as Bosniak i really doubt that this would be a problem for a normal Turk, they are no different between you and for examples Azerbaijanis or Turkmens, you are a part of Turks. Or call yourself as Turk, you have the right for it. Yes, also for me everyone who considers him-/herself as a turk is a turk but that depends on the case, this sentence could be misunderstood by some. A Bosniak like you have the cultural and historical legitimation for this, but i doubt the same counts for turkeys millions of guests.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Bosniaks are one of the most reputable people which i met here, their courtesy and attitude reminds me to the Turks. Even if you are calling yourself as Bosniak i really doubt that this would be a problem for a normal Turk, they are no different between you and for examples Azerbaijanis or Turkmens, you are a part of Turks. Or call yourself as Turk, you have the right for it. Yes, also for me everyone who considers him-/herself as a turk is a turk but that depends on the case, this sentence could be misunderstood by some. A Bosniak like you have the cultural and historical legitimation for this, but i doubt the same counts for turkeys millions of guests.
    I identify as Turkish from Bosnia or just Turkish.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mergen3 View Post
    İnsanların Türk hissetmesinde sıkıntı yok. Fakat Türk kavramı sizin hissettiğiniz kavramlardan çok farklı. Yok amerikalı olmak yok şöyle böyle. Anadolu ve Balkan Turkleri ortak olarak Turkic ataları var ve Çerkes, Boşnak,Arnavut,Kürt,Pomak gibi halklardan kultürel ve genetik olarak ayriliyorlar. 200 sene önce atasi Türkçe konusmayan birisine sen Türksün diyerek o kişiyi Türk hissettiremezsin. Zaten bu tarz söylemler bana bir sindirme politikasi olarak geliyor. Türksen Türk olarak adlandilirsin. Kürtsen Kürt. Herkesi Türk yapmaya ne gerek var??? Türk kavramı tum etnisiteleri toplayan bir kavram değildir. Belli bir kültürel aidiyet toplamına sahipsen Türksündür. Atatürk bu ülkeyi kurarken Türk çatısı altinda farklı etnisiteleri toplamadi. Zaten kurucu unsurlar milli mucadelede bulunan kisiler çoğunlukla Türklerdi(Yani ulkenin isminin Türkiye olması normal degil mi? Nasıl almanya almanyaysa).. Kürt birisine sen Türksün diye sindirme politikalari uygulayarak hissettiği aidiyet hissini yok etme çalışmalarıyla ne değiştirildi?( Karda yuruyen turke kurt denmiş diye sacmalayan kişiler vardı ya 10 sene önce televizyonlarda)
    Zorla Türkleştirme politikasına ben de çok sıcak bakmıyorum ancak Türk hisseden birisi genetik olarak Anadolu ya da Balkan Türklerine değil de Yemenlilere yakın diye ben ona Yemenli demem, yine Türk derim. Sonuçta Türklük genetikten çok kültürel bir kavramdır. Genetik etnik kökeni sadece tahmin eder, etnik köken konusunda kesin bir bilgi vermez.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Türk
    Ancestry
    Aegean, Inner Anatolia, Transcaucasia
    Country
    Turkey
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,160
    Given: 3,931

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aruncaz View Post
    Zorla Türkleştirme politikasına ben de çok sıcak bakmıyorum ancak Türk hisseden birisi genetik olarak Anadolu ya da Balkan Türklerine değil de Yemenlilere yakın diye ben ona Yemenli demem, yine Türk derim. Sonuçta Türklük genetikten çok kültürel bir kavramdır. Genetik etnik kökeni sadece tahmin eder, etnik köken konusunda kesin bir bilgi vermez.
    Son iki cümlen dışında sana tamamen katılıyorum. Türklük kavramını iki farklı şekilde ele almak mümkün ama "genetikten çok kültürel bir kavram" demek doğru değil, aksi takdirde "Amerikalı" kavramından bir farkı kalmazdı. Ancak gündelik yaşamda, insanların kendilerine biçtiği öz kimliğe bakacak olursak etnik Türk olmanın çok ötesinde bir Türklük kavramı var ve ben bu kavramın birleştiriciliğini seviyorum.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information