Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Classify AVERAGE Afghans (not cherrypicked atypical celebs)

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:43 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,320
    Given: 1,211

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by turbosat View Post
    I did not check any of the others, but this guy below is not from Afghanistan. He is Pamiri from Tajikistan. See Памир халăхĕсем — Википеди (wikipedia.org)
    I don't think you are aware that a bulk of pamiris are from Afghanistan living in the bakdakhsan province of Afghanistan . The tajikstan pamiris are on the other side of the border living in the gorno bakdakhsan region . As for the man , he could very well be from Afghanistan .

Banned
    Last Online
    02-07-2021 @ 05:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 300
    Given: 21

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lameduck View Post
    i dont give a f about who is considered very different from pakis , i dont need crutches of other ethnicities.
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...sian-phenotype
    "Probably gonna trigger people but he looks Pakistani, BUT i don't think he represents the average persian, he's too dark and south asian looking imo".

It's almost as if people compare other nationalities to Pakistanis as a joke. It's really annoying to me when people think it's offensive or triggersome if someone compares them to Pakistanis or Indians. Theres nothing wrong with it and it makes me mad.

I don't know if you'll agree with me or not but it shouldn't trigger people getting compared to Indians or Pakistanis.

Last Online
    11-03-2023 @ 09:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,274
    Given: 1,063

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Azbuzz View Post
    "Probably gonna trigger people but he looks Pakistani, BUT i don't think he represents the average persian, he's too dark and south asian looking imo".

It's almost as if people compare other nationalities to Pakistanis as a joke. It's really annoying to me when people think it's offensive or triggersome if someone compares them to Pakistanis or Indians. Theres nothing wrong with it and it makes me mad.

I don't know if you'll agree with me or not but it shouldn't trigger people getting compared to Indians or Pakistanis.
    many people troll and post on boards to get a reaction , I dont care.
    these forums also have eurocentric orientalism so probably people want to escape that as well becasuse of fear of being called paki , and they have right , every ethnicity is unique to a degree.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 08:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 452
    Given: 821

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    I don't think you are aware that a bulk of pamiris are from Afghanistan living in the bakdakhsan province of Afghanistan . The tajikstan pamiris are on the other side of the border living in the gorno bakdakhsan region . As for the man , he could very well be from Afghanistan .
    He is from Tajikistan afaik. I have seen his photo before at other sites. He looks different to most Afghans, especially Pashtuns.

I dont know the history of Badakhsan, There is no need for me to spend time learning about the place as it has no direct concern with me after all, but I know some areas in north Afghanistan are not historically Afghan territory. At this link Feyẕābād | Afghanistan | Britannica it says Badakhsan was annxed by Afghanistan in 1881.

Similarly the sparsely populated Wakhan corridor was not originally part of Afghanistan. It was taken over by Afghanistan with British agreement because they wanted a buffer zone between (British) India (Chitral area) and Russia.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 08:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 452
    Given: 821

0 Not allowed!

I'm not sure you met many Parsis. I've met several people on this site making this claim.
    They spew BS like "I met one family and they looked completely Iranian". I can assure you I've seen more. Again, you legitimately may have, but lots of trolls on TA.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...35200.ece/amp/

https://www.google.com/search?q=jams...h=698&dpr=2.75

This guy easily passes as Parsi in Mumbai and on

No question about it. He doesn't even look white.

He don't even look too much different from his son Navroze and his other relatives.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mon...45681.html/amp
    Here's Adi. You can look up Nadir Godrej.

Also why tf does everything have to be about skin color. My skin gets as red as his in the summer, brown as his right after summer(in the link I just linked) and as white as his in the previous post year round. It's the same for all people. Most of the year there's no tan but it varies for 2-3 months. His facial features done change lmao.
    I dont think you are Parsi lol.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I'm pretty sure the user kimbo has south Asian heritage . So it's one of your own that made that comment tbh

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I dont think you are Parsi lol.
    Sure mate lmao. I don't actually blame you considering how many LARPers and fakers there are online.

However
    My side profile is literally a spitting image of mercury (I can send a comparison picture of you'd like).

I speak Parsi Gujarati completely fluently and some Zoroastrian Dari. I have pictures of my navjote and me wearing the sudreh and kusti.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

He is from Tajikistan afaik. I have seen his photo before at other sites. He looks different to most Afghans, especially Pashtuns.

I dont know the history of Badakhsan, There is no need for me to spend time learning about the place as it has no direct concern with me after all, but I know some areas in north Afghanistan are not historically Afghan territory. At this link Feyẕābād | Afghanistan | Britannica it says Badakhsan was annxed by Afghanistan in 1881.

Similarly the sparsely populated Wakhan corridor was not originally part of Afghanistan. It was taken over by Afghanistan with British agreement because they wanted a buffer zone between (British) India (Chitral area) and Russia.
    Bakdakhsan has very well been in the territory of Afghanistan lol. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badakhshan

Please don't start this

The man is either from tajikstan or Afghanistan , point is he's pamiri and there are pamiris in Afghanistan too .

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    I'm pretty sure the user kimbo has south Asian heritage . So it's one of your own that made that comment tbh
    Has he mentioned it? Are you certain? Also, I'm aware of self hate among Pakistanis many of who want to look Arab or Persian or Pathan and claim Arab ancestry. I'm aware that some Pakistanis on this sub. I remember making a post and Jattsychtin spamming it with reasons about why Pakistanis are better than their western neighbours. This same guy made a post about how Pakistanis are more Caucaisan looking than North Africans and MENA people lmao.

However it works both ways. I'm sure you must have met the "we're practically white" Pashtun nationalists and the "We're white. We are the original Aryan" Persians. I certainly have.

So, I'm just tired of Pakistanis/Afghans/Arabs/Persians trying to call themselves a "white Aryan race. Everyone wants to be guessed as more Northern and Western than they really are. It gets cringey after a while.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Has he mentioned it? Are you certain? Also, I'm aware of self hate among Pakistanis many of who want to look Arab or Persian or Pathan and claim Arab ancestry. I'm aware that some Pakistanis on this sub. I remember making a post and Jattsychtin spamming it with reasons about why Pakistanis are better than their western neighbours. This same guy made a post about how Pakistanis are more Caucaisan looking than North Africans and MENA people lmao.

However it works both ways. I'm sure you must have met the "we're practically white" Pashtun nationalists and the "We're white. We are the original Aryan" Persians. I certainly have.

So, I'm just tired of Pakistanis/Afghans/Arabs/Persians trying to call themselves a "white Aryan race. Everyone wants to be guessed as more Northern and Western than they really are. It gets cringey after a while.
    I think the term white has been thrown around a bit and europeans have taken it for themselves . Now wait . I'm not saying afghans / Arabs / etc are white . Because now we think of white as blonde haired pale skinned Bradley looking . But white as in Caucasian looking . Before the age of mass immigration and new world era , most people lived and only knew their own ethnicities within their borders . So to them, a " white " person would've been a person who has fair skin or someone with lighter than average features . Btw , euros fight between themselves about who is more whiter let alone menas lol

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information