Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How relevant is height within society?

Last Online
    09-16-2022 @ 04:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    gr
    Country
    United States
    mtDNA
    j1
    Taxonomy
    med + alpine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,630
    Given: 3,743

2 Not allowed!

^ i think there are advantages and disadvantages for both shorter/average men and taller men

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,068
    Given: 15,883

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Redmar View Post
    What, I'm more referring to is how the mangement is structured within companies. The most succesful entrepreneurs and ceo's tend to be taller than the average person. I think what Luso pointed out about being tall correlates with more trustworthy tendencies, being protective/mature are relieving and key things within business, since shareholders, employees and the chairman rely on the day to day decisions made by the ceo and/or topmanagement.
    This was certainly an issue in the past. Historical figures and powerful politicians seemed to have been on the taller side. I have read some studies where height has been equated to power and nobility and this predates back to early times. However I think this is becoming less of an issue depending on what part of the world you're in. United States is going through a morally correct crisis right now so it's a great time to be short. :-P
    What’s done in darkness will come to light

El_Abominacion

2 Not allowed!

It does matter

Consciously or not we see taller people as more respectable/powerful. In dating the same applies and women won't be nearly as receptive to a 5'5 guy as to a 6'3 one. Like others indicated women want to feel feminine and protected so a tall partner accomplishes that

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2022 @ 12:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Westlauwer Fries (West Frisian)
    Ancestry
    North-Sea Germanic; New Frisian (Angles/Saxons), Old Frisian (Frisii). North Germanic; Norse/Danish
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Friesland
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    U5b
    Taxonomy
    Faelid/Borreby CM = Übermensch
    Politics
    Jastorf chauvinism
    Hero
    Magnus Forteman, Pier Gerlofs Donia, Wijerd Jelckama, Redbad, Jancko Douwama, Finn Focwalding
    Religion
    North-Sea Aesthetic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 546
    Given: 752

1 Not allowed!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    This was certainly an issue in the past. Historical figures and powerful politicians seemed to have been on the taller side. I have read some studies where height has been equated to power and nobility and this predates back to early times. However I think this is becoming less of an issue depending on what part of the world you're in. United States is going through a morally correct crisis right now so it's a great time to be short. :-P
    Haha, here in the Netherlands the same phenomena is occurring, height is becoming lesser of importance, perhaps because people here are universally tall that the effects of being tall in regards to authority/respect and dating are not so strong in let's say the Anglo countries or somewhere in Asia.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2022 @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Silves + Portimăo + Ferragudo, Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,076
    Given: 6,670

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    United States is going through a morally correct crisis right now so it's a great time to be short. :-P
    True, true, I suppose stature won't be as important as before in electing a president, or CEO for a business-- but honestly, we won't know for a long time if this proves true or not. In terms of the moral correct crisis, I'm not too sure if the height of a person is really a talked about feature of it at all? I mean it quite possibly could be... but I mean it's not only so engrained in biological attraction, but societally most people think of taller individuals as more mature, better people, and more successful besides the physical attraction. I don't expect women to see short guys as attractive just cause it's morally unfair to the short guy. But, oh well, I guess we'll see what the future has in store, I just won't voucher for, or, expect people to change their instincts when it comes to height in these departments.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-08-2021 @ 12:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    --
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,463
    Given: 12,450

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Redmar View Post
    What I'm more referring to is how the mangement is structured within companies. The most succesful entrepreneurs and ceo's tend to be taller than the average person. I think what Luso pointed out about being tall correlates with more trustworthy tendencies, being protective/mature are relieving and key things within business, since shareholders, employees and the chairman rely on the day to day decisions made by the ceo and/or topmanagement.
    In business and politics it's not necessarily true.
    Napoleon Bonaparte was 1.68 m, for instance.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2022 @ 12:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Westlauwer Fries (West Frisian)
    Ancestry
    North-Sea Germanic; New Frisian (Angles/Saxons), Old Frisian (Frisii). North Germanic; Norse/Danish
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Friesland
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    U5b
    Taxonomy
    Faelid/Borreby CM = Übermensch
    Politics
    Jastorf chauvinism
    Hero
    Magnus Forteman, Pier Gerlofs Donia, Wijerd Jelckama, Redbad, Jancko Douwama, Finn Focwalding
    Religion
    North-Sea Aesthetic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 546
    Given: 752

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kivan View Post
    There is a lot of speculation about his height, most sources claim he was indeed 1.68m which was a very normal height in France for that era. Besides that, the founding fathers of the USA were of a huge stature compared to the average man back then.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Romanian, North Greek, Roma(Rudar), Persian, Caucasian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Wallachia
    Y-DNA
    J-Y18824
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,867
    Given: 9,321

1 Not allowed!

1.68 m and his balls weighed 5 kgs.

Companhia dos Leőes da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,023
    Given: 16,803

2 Not allowed!

Napoleon being of short stature is actually a hoax. Well, at least when we consider the historical period in which he lived. The average height for males in the late eighteenth century and the first half of the nineteenth century in Europe would be around his size.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 11:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,491
    Given: 730

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Luso View Post
    True, true, I suppose stature won't be as important as before in electing a president, or CEO for a business-- but honestly, we won't know for a long time if this proves true or not. In terms of the moral correct crisis, I'm not too sure if the height of a person is really a talked about feature of it at all? I mean it quite possibly could be... but I mean it's not only so engrained in biological attraction, but societally most people think of taller individuals as more mature, better people, and more successful besides the physical attraction. I don't expect women to see short guys as attractive just cause it's morally unfair to the short guy. But, oh well, I guess we'll see what the future has in store, I just won't voucher for, or, expect people to change their instincts when it comes to height in these departments.
    The massive demographic change that is occuring in the US, where the share of White Americans (mainly Northwest Europeans) is rapidly declining and the share of Latino, Asian, MENA and Subsaharan Africans are rapidly rising, and the future mixing of these different groups, will drag down the average height in the US population, because all these growing groups have lower height than the old Northwest European stock.

And because "shorter" people will become more numerous due to immigration and higher birth rates than "taller" people (that have fewer immigrants and lower birth rates), in a way or an another, these "new" Americans will flow into every fields of US society (companies, public offices, polices, schools, hospitals, non-profit organizations, army) and assume also leadership roles. So it won't change the instinctive/biological perception of height, but we can assume it will be a bit less relevant.
    We do not drink Coca-Cola three hours before a match

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information