Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did Russia choose Serbia instead of Bulgaria?

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,724
    Given: 43,633

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Crn Volk View Post
    Serbs are genetically superior to Bulgars and a more reliable partner. Bulgars and their tatar genes are good for nothing. After 14 years of EU membership they have only gone backwards. Utter failures.
    Seems than Macedonians have more inferior genes than both, since you are much closer to Bulgarians than to Serbs genetically but at the same time Bulgarians are less distant from Serbs than Macedonians are.
    Last edited by Jana; 01-09-2021 at 10:45 AM.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,724
    Given: 43,633

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Basically Serbia and Bulgaria always have fought against each other to became the slavic leader state in the Balkans. This whole thing is started in the medieval age, but nowadays (or in the 20. century) it's very clear that Russia choosed Serbia, but why? What was the reason?
    Could have easily been the opposite. During Russo-Turkish wars Russia chosed Bulgarians as their main Balkan ally. Serbia on the other hand had close ties with Habsburgs and one of their anti-Ottoman rebellions was led with their help. However, as Linebacker said, royal houses of both countries played significant roles here. After being freed from Ottomans, Bulgaria like Greece and Romania chose German Protestant dynasty while Serbia had their own dynasties. In Serbia happened bloody coup when pro-German Obrenović dynasty was murdered and replaced by pro-Russian Karađorđević dynasty. Since that moment it was natural Bulgaria would side with Germans in great wars, and Serbia with Russians.

Also keep in mind Bulgaria lost lot of land (like Vardar Macedonia or Dobruja, some Aegean coast etc) in second Balkan war while Serbia increased it's territory, so unsatisfied Bulgaria sided with central powers and later Axis in unsuccessful attempt to regain these lands. Serbia on the other hand had territorial aspirations against Austro-Hungarian Empire so it was natural they would be on opposite side in the following great war.

I'd also add for Russia an ally with access to the warm seas was crucial. Bulgaria lost Aegean access when Greece got these lands while Serbia did have Montenegro, and in the plans expansion towards Dalmatia.
    Last edited by Jana; 01-09-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:56 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Apolitical Monarchism & Meritocracy - against all ideologies and utopias
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,827
    Given: 7,183

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pelikarski View Post
    Bullshit, you look like a greasy Vlach yourself
    As you wish, I've been talking about Serbs and Bulgarians not about myself. I'm barely a typical Russian due to my ethnic background.

Ülev

1 Not allowed!

because in fact, they are more Paleo Atlantid (Serbs of course)

Last Online
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,553
    Given: 4,601

0 Not allowed!

There is saying based on history. Serbs love Russians, Russians love Bulgarians, and Bulgarians love Germans.

Last Online
    03-14-2024 @ 04:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,365
    Given: 2,145

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    There is saying based on history. Serbs love Russians, Russians love Bulgarians, and Bulgarians love Germans.
    That is nothing true. Even today Bulgarians are one of the most Rusophiles people in Europe.
    A quote from King Boris |||
    Министрите ми са англофили, генералите - германофили, моят народ е русофилски, само аз останах българофил.
    My ministers are Anglophiles, the Generals Germanophiles, the people Russophile, and only I remain a bulgarophile

Banned
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:56 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Apolitical Monarchism & Meritocracy - against all ideologies and utopias
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,827
    Given: 7,183

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    I don't think that people here in Russia have some special warm feelings towards Bulgarians. Personally, I respect Bulgarians as Orthodox people (just like as I respect Romanians, Georgians, Serbs etc) but not all Bulgarians, just like not all of Russians are Orthodox. This respect has very few with ethnic background, that's another dimension. While my warm attitude to Serbs is complex, including both ethnic, mental and religious side, as I used to live in Novi Sad for years, now gonna move to village next to Loznica. Serbs are very special and comfortable for lots of Russians. Dunno why, but especially Bosnian Serbs, met lots of them in Sremska Kamenica, it's full of Bosnian Serbs who came there during the wars of 90s. Friends from Bijeljina are also kind of special, been there lots of times.

Last Online
    03-14-2024 @ 04:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,365
    Given: 2,145

0 Not allowed!

The more Russophile you are, the more backward and poorer you are
    This has to do something with what I said previously Bulgarians being Russophile

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Basically Serbia and Bulgaria always have fought against each other to became the slavic leader state in the Balkans. This whole thing is started in the medieval age, but nowadays (or in the 20. century) it's very clear that Russia choosed Serbia, but why? What was the reason?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Velbazhd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bregalnica

Battle of Bregalnica buried Bulgarian try to be Balkan hegemon. That battle left great frustrations on Bulgarians, and because of that they attacked Serbia in WW1 and WW2 with the intention of revenge and "correction" political consequences of Bregalnica.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor.Msk View Post
    I don't think that people here in Russia have some special warm feelings towards Bulgarians. Personally, I respect Bulgarians as Orthodox people (just like as I respect Romanians, Georgians, Serbs etc) but not all Bulgarians, just like not all of Russians are Orthodox. This respect has very few with ethnic background, that's another dimension. While my warm attitude to Serbs is complex, including both ethnic, mental and religious side, as I used to live in Novi Sad for years, now gonna move to village next to Loznica. Serbs are very special and comfortable for lots of Russians. Dunno why, but especially Bosnian Serbs, met lots of them in Sremska Kamenica, it's full of Bosnian Serbs who came there during the wars of 90s. Friends from Bijeljina are also kind of special, been there lots of times.
    There are some Russian families (some with children) who moved in Serbian villages in the last 10 years. They usually say they want to escape from big cities and modern/fast way of life. They choose Serbia because they consider Serbs for fraternal people whose relations with Russians are in the domain of methaphysics.
    Really there is deep spiritual connection between Serbs and Russians, which cannot be explained by material criteria. Serbian actor Tihomir Stanić (he is Bosnian Serb btw) say once he was pro-western, but when he came to Moscow first time he started to cry without any reason https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tihomir_Stanić

Russian colony in Vrnjačka Banja in central Serbia

Brother of my great-great-grandfather always called Russia "mother Russia." He wanted to go to Russia on foot.
    In WW1 he was mobilised in Austro-Hungarian army and fought against Italians in Tyrol. Luckily for him he was not sent against Serbia or Russia (in Galicia).

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information