British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,293
    Given: 43,816

0 Not allowed!

Default The legal status of prostitution around the world

Compared to other controversial issues such as drugs, abortion and gay marriage, prostitution doesn't really fit into the "libertine West vs traditionalist Rest" model. Many Latin American and even some MENA countries (namely Turkey, Lebanon and Tunisia) permit it; conversely the US, Sweden, Norway and to a lesser extent Britain and France take a tougher stance on it. N.B. Although it is stated that prostitution is illegal in Iran, they permit a very similar practice called 'temporary marriage', where a man gets to marry a woman for sex for any length of time he chooses.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-14-2022 @ 09:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban + Eastern Euro
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    E-M78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 36

6 Not allowed!

Prostitution being illegal is retarded. Especially in America. What is the argument for it being illegal? Since America isn’t a religious country you can’t argue from that side. Legalizing it will only decrease abuse, bring in more tax dollars, and decrease std transmission.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Clerical Fascism
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,904
    Given: 16,904

5 Not allowed!

Very sad its legal here. I had the discussion here numerous times tho.

First of all its a myth that in countries where prostitution is legal that all the women working in that field are doing it out of conviction, every German pimp that left this profession behind says there is still
    human trafficking, mechanisms to drug up the whores and ways to keep them desperate, every pimp has a interest to increase his profit and lowers the share of the whores from the profit. The only difference, in a country like Germany there is way less investigation into the red light and the pimps can live without any worries as they formally operate a legal business.

I dont need to argue on top why its morally wrong to me.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecuban View Post
    Prostitution being illegal is retarded. Especially in America. What is the argument for it being illegal? Since America isn’t a religious country you can’t argue from that side. Legalizing it will only decrease abuse, bring in more tax dollars, and decrease std transmission.
    Although nowadays it is quite different, when my mother was growing up in Colombia, it was an open secret that boys would be taken to a brothel as a 'rite of passage' when they reached the age of consent.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    Very sad its legal here. I had the discussion here numerous times tho.

First of all its a myth that in countries where prostitution is legal that all the women working in that field are doing it out of conviction, every German pimp that left this profession behind says there is still
    human trafficking, mechanisms to drug up the whores and ways to keep the desperate. The only difference, in a country like Germany there is way less investigation into the red light and the pimps can live without any worries as they formally operate a legal business.

I dont need to argue on top why its morally wrong to me.
    But on the other hand, isn't it true that the prostitutes can undergo medical check-ups and report instances of physical or sexual abuse without fear of arrest?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Clerical Fascism
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    But on the other hand, isn't it true that the prostitutes can undergo medical check-ups and report instances of physical or sexual abuse without fear of arrest?
    They could have done that before too, medical check ups are not denied to anyone here I also do not only present the whores as victims, if you actively operate as a whore in a country where this is a crime you should be aware of the risks taking part into a illegal activity, if they are forced into it like most cases they would have the right to report their physical abuse regardless of the legal status of prostitution, as this would classify them per se as victims of a crime.

Actually its alot of feminists here that want to make it illegal, its not a just a right-wing traditionalist position.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cuban + Eastern Euro
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    E-M78
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Although nowadays it is quite different, when my mother was growing up in Colombia, it was an open secret that boys would be taken to a brothel as a 'rite of passage' when they reached the age of consent.
    The way it should be. This will lead to less simpery in society and better mental health for men. Men simply need sex, it’s a biological need that we must fulfill at least 3-4 times a week. Because the standards of women in the west are so high and most women are sharing the top guys on dating apps. Many men are being denied fulfilling that need. The only way to do it is illegally thru some std infested whore and her violent ass pimp. Like really bro? We can’t just streamline this shit already?

I keep hearing all these moral arguments against it. But the same people aren’t rioting in the streets about abortion, the female pill, or 100+ body counts of most women these days. The moral argument against it in my opinion flew out the window a long time ago. In the west we are no longer some Christian nation or some shit. Just idiotic thinking that’s just making things harder for men.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cuban + Eastern Euro
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    E-M78
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    They could have done that before too, medical check ups are not denied to anyone here I also do not only present the whores as victims, if you actively operate as a whore in a country where this is a crime you should be aware of the risks taking part into a illegal activity, if they are forced into it like most cases they would have the right to report their physical abuse regardless of the legal status of prostitution, as this would classify them per se as victims of a crime.

Actually its alot of feminists here that want to make it illegal, its not a just a right-wing traditionalist position.
    Yes but in Germany aren’t there brothels that operate professionally like a real business? All women MUST undergo std screenings(not elective), all women pay taxes on earned income, and the environment is set up to be where the woman feels safe and the man as well. Or is that not how brothels operate in Germany?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I'd also be interested in learning what the gender ratio of prostitutes is in each country. Although needless to say in most countries it'd be overwhelmingly women, my impression is that the Caribbean and the Mediterranean basin (Southern Europe, West Asia and North Africa alike) have relatively high numbers of male prostitutes, in large part due to (mostly wrinkly) female tourists from Northern Europe and North America.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Clerical Fascism
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecuban View Post
    Yes but in Germany aren’t there brothels that operate professionally like a real business? All women MUST undergo std screenings(not elective), all women pay taxes on earned income, and the environment is set up to be where the woman feels safe and the man as well. Or is that not how brothels operate in Germany?
    They officially are run that way, but the red light is in the hands of criminal gangs like the Hells Angels that just act like the operate correctly, they mostly try everything to evade taxes mostly, dude there is still forced prostitution in legal brothels.
    Legality changed nothing, also your simp argument doesnt work lol, Germans not being simps? are you kiddin me?

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information