Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mass twitter bannings: when you try to silence people you can expect the worst

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Reccared I View Post
    Survive the Jive got banned.
    Outrageous ! He never did anything wrong..

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,825

3 Not allowed!

Maybe in places like US things would be little better because there exist strong traditional conservative/republican news outlets like Fox (at least used to be). But when I think of Finland, all of the traditional media, newspapers, tv, are thoroughly leftist. Webs is literally only outlet for conservative thoughts.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Harkonnen View Post
    Literally half the people of US voted for Trump. What kind of CAPITALISTIC company says to half the population of US, that you are scum, we don't want you here? What if you own a restaurant, can you say that you can't eat here because you voted for Trump, or because you are black or whatever?
    I think they legally can kick you out for voting for Trump but not for being black but I'm not sue I'm pretty sure. Also, what kind of capitalist company ? Twitter -- that kind of capitalist company and the company has to deal with any potential fallout based on it if there is to be any significant financial ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkonnen
    Comparing apricity to twitter is complete nonsense. Twitter is huge.
    It is not nonsense in the abstract sense because both are private and not public. Theapricity is owned by Loki and Twitter is owned by shareholders or a single owner or whatnot too. You are just a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnonen
    It is a massive political vehicle that has power to mold the very essence of our culture and society, apricity is gathering of 20 loons bitching to each other. When something that huge, a thing that has that much POWER starts banning normal people because of political beliefs, it is scary as fuck. Like what the fuck, same people who are appalled by state controlled China, can't seem to realize that it is much worse here.
    Massive political vehicle ? Do you realize what you are saying ? The internet was a military thing then it was a scientific thing for the NSF (national science foundation) in its early released to the public years (but not a public utility) it was more decentralized and like the wild west and it WAS THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY now what is it for most people ? The fucking masses or sheeple ruin everything so now it is like bad television : Youtube and has a SOCIAL focus rather than nerdy focus on quality information freeflow so you have Facebook and Twitter.

What do you mean like China ? You are fucking moron. Did you know IRC (internet relay chat) can't be controlled like Twitter but you have morons relying on twitter instead of oldschool stuff like IRC ? Did you know there are lots of ways to communicate on the internet without facebook and twitter that can't be controlled ? Its not my fault the masses are incredibly stupid.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

1 Not allowed!

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,017
    Given: 12,247

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    If I own a restaurant or a bar or a restaurant and if you say something I don't like I have the right to ban you from my establishment. This is no different you just think it is because you lack abstract thinking skills. First of all, without even thinking about the service of twitter run on specific privately owned servers -- the internet itself is not a public utility and this can be seen as there is no FCC oversight !

No one is restricting your rights retard. Who is stopping the people who were banned from starting a blog and bitching about it or writing a book on the subject or bitching on a podcast or starting a twitter alternative ? No one really its just that you think it won't reach the same amount of people as twitter but in capitalist competition that is YOUR FAULT not twitter's fault.
    1) Yes, they're private companies, but when platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are used by literally everyone to share their ideas they're not really just 'random private companies', but something more in practice.
    2) Limiting freedom of speech legally is still limiting freedom of speech
    3) There were cases where politicians literally pressured owners of social media into changing its policies :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G272R50v6ww
    https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/07...g-free-speech/
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/26/zuck...n-its-ads.html
    etc etc
    4) A country's laws can override facebook's own rules. A facebook post that doesn't get you banned in USA can get you banned or even locked up in Sweden :
    https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/inde...pic=91249&st=0

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Harkonnen View Post
    I argue opposite. Things would be much worse without interwebs. The traditional media would have total control of thoughts. Internet brought freedom, a cornucopia of ideas, literally everyone had access to speak their mind. But of course THEY now realize it, and want to put a end to it.
    They can't put an end to anything moron -- hackers, terrorists and government agents are still communicating on IRC (internet relay chat) playing a cat and mouse game while mass retards are bitching about 'MUH Twitter' meanwhile IRC has been around since he 80s and 90s.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,017
    Given: 12,247

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    They can't put an end to anything moron -- hackers, terrorists and government agents are still communicating on IRC (internet relay chat) playing a cat and mouse game while mass retards are bitching about 'MUH Twitter' meanwhile IRC has been around since he 80s and 90s.
    You can move on to other platforms but that doesn't necessarily mean the masses will follow you. Stefan Molyneux on bitchute has like 10% of the viewers he had on Youtube (or even less)

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,825

3 Not allowed!

What do you mean like China ? You are fucking moron. Did you know IRC (internet relay chat) can't be controlled like Twitter but you have morons relying on twitter instead of oldschool stuff like IRC ? Did you know there are lots of ways to communicate on the internet without facebook and twitter that can't be controlled ? Its not my fault the masses are incredibly stupid.
    No I don't understand IRC at all but I've seen the original server irl and it did not look impressive at all

However, how can you say masses don't matter? Masses may be stupid and all, but they still matter, oh yes they do.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-12-2023 @ 03:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Permic
    Ethnicity
    Peasant
    Ancestry
    コミ
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Karaboğa (euryprosopic, platyrrhine, dolichocephalic)
    Relationship Status
    Virgin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,863
    Given: 2,946

2 Not allowed!

One aspect of Event 201 that no-one mentions is that governments started "smothering their own citizens" to counter the spread of fake news (https://guardian.ng/features/health/...next-pandemic/). I bet that's what's coming next.

Measures to counter fake news may be necessary, but they are also double-edged swords. In the CAPS outbreak, governments moved from suppressing propaganda and misinformation to smothering their own citizens and political opposition. Some governments took the opportunity to tighten their grips, martial law blooming like anemones in the virus's wake.

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 07:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balto-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Russia
    Taxonomy
    East Europid
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,008
    Given: 332

1 Not allowed!

I surprise that people still use it. Twitter is used only by autists, they post the cheap shit over and over again every day, and no one even reads it

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information