H1c3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,076
    Given: 6,670

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffmannn View Post
    Falas portugues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luso View Post
    um poco. Unfortunately, I am the third and last kid in my family, and my dad and mom were far too busy to teach me much. Here in new york there is a Portuguese (Luso-American) community that is nearby and it is always fun to connect to people there, but the language-barrier is annoying me! I'm trying to learn now b/c I really want to be able to visit and talk like a local. The issue for me is, I've visited a bunch as a kid but without the language, it can make me feel a bit out of touch with my heritage... maybe that's a reason why I always felt off. I'm now starting to think it isn't b/c of how I look, I think this was in my head, but rather that I never was able to conversate with people around me to feel included. Although, many speak English... but just isn't the same. Btw... I rlly want to backpack from my family's town in the Algarve up all the way to the borders of Galicia and be able to have conversations with interesting folks.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2022 @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Silves + Portimão + Ferragudo, Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by calxpal View Post
    What if you could travel to any planet and live on it for a day?
    I'd travel to whatever planet is suited for life, one similar to earth. So maybe Kepler-452b, or Kepler-62f, Kepler-186f, and Kepler-442b... *if they turn out habitable and I have a lot of support. I'd explore, be an archaeologist, so taking some samples of materials on the planet, seeing if there is water, maybe it's just ice, and just enjoying and exploring it for that day.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-08-2021 @ 12:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    --
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,463
    Given: 12,450

0 Not allowed!

Did you experience bullying during school times? If yes, how was it?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kivan View Post
    Did you experience bullying during school times? If yes, how was it?
    I never experienced full-fledged physical bullying or anything. I'd say it was more mental if it ever did happen. For example, when I was in middle/ and high school, whenever there was a group project and I had some friends in that class... they'd often exclude me, or just say "oh sorry our group's full", simple things like that felt like shit. In more recent times in high school.. I was part of this social circle, I knew most of the guys, but wasn't that close with most of them. These guys had this iMessage Group chat that they all talked in and, I never was in it. For the most part, I didn't care.. but one day I asked one of the guys (who I was closest with) and I got added... well some of the guys in there would just repeatedly keep kicking me out, and it would never say who did. So I just realized those were fake friends... Okay, one more example, during senior year I started to twitch stream a bit, just playing Fortnite with two good friends. Well, one day one of my friends invited this "old friend", not the closest, we were super close back then though... but anyhow guy didn't know my friend was streaming too... so when I had to get off, I hoped on his stream and guy talked shit behind my back, said I was gay, shit like that.

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    black, muscular, and zero gay, 100kg bench, BBC
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57,952
    Given: 58,654

0 Not allowed!

Are you a virgin?
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump
    Wir wollen endlich den Volkskanzler, Schnauze voll von den Einheitsparteien.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    Are you a virgin?
    yes why?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,964
    Given: 10,185

1 Not allowed!

Do you find it easy to talk to women? Do they seem to always want to be your friend? It's commendable that you're still a virgin. Wait til marriage . What do you think is the best way to get a woman interested?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    Do you find it easy to talk to women? Do they seem to always want to be your friend? It's commendable that you're still a virgin. Wait til marriage . What do you think is the best way to get a woman interested?
    1.) For me, women aren't hard to talk to at all anymore, it's just that as an introvert I really only talk when I need to and that is to guys and gals... + I just rarely get into those situations with women so that = low social interaction with women.

2.) Women are usually pretty friendly with me whenever I do chat with them anyway, but remember I'm 20 in college so if they weren't it would be pretty odd right? Unless I was acting super weird. But my interactions are pretty rare, and I don't think a whole lot about them at all so i'd be pretty oblivious to really delving into whether they truly enjoyed chatting with me, or not. I don't overthink things like this much anymore.

3.) I'm not a virgin because I want to be, more so that... again... I haven't had the opportunity to lose it in the first place. I've gotten close lol, but lets just say it would be a very irresponsible, and sad way to lose it... I'm honestly happy I haven't lost it at that moment, and I hope it involves an emotional connection, not a hookup (but it might come to that). Anyway, it isn't super super important to me, but yes... I'd be lying if I didn't want it to happen sooner than later.

Reflection:
    In general... I'd rather focus on working on my social skills, being more approachable in general bc I struggle with making friends. Don't get me wrong, I have two decently close ones back at home... just that at college I have zilch. I understand this struggle is the result of my social anxiety, and my constant fear of what others think of me (I fear people judge me) so I close myself off from potential friendships. And ofc with covid right now, it makes the task of finding people to chill with, and grow close to much much harder for me. Socially, I have improved so much since when I was younger... like it's night and day, I have 0 problems talking to people, guys or girls, I just need the right environment to progress.

What do you think is the best way to get a woman interested?

Hmm, I mean I am no expert man... I've been in one relationship and that was Long-distance and she left me. But to my experiences, and trying to understand women a whole lot, you really have to understand they aren't a million dollars or anything you should be giving everything away for, and getting little to nothing in return. Women enjoy men who give them attention, but not too much of it... they don't like too clingey, too nice all the time. I know, I know, Hollywood lied to us men... I mean maybe there are women out there that like super nice all the time guys, but biologically they enjoy some dominance, it's natural. Beyond that be focused on what makes your life fun, and enjoyable, your work, and she should be doing the same thing on her end. When you talk to her be yourself, add some comedy (not too much, or too cringe), just be someone that loves themselves, clearly shows confidence, and that is what can attract women.
    Last edited by Luso; 03-07-2021 at 04:47 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Ngl, rereading a lot of my old messages in this thread made me feel lucid. I seemed pretty positive, or at the very worst neutral-headed, not too negative like I have been at times (recently). Like for real, even the above piece... I have a lot of the right mindsets in some of these messages... it's kind of a wake-up call to some of my ocd, insecurity mix issues I've been crippling under for sometime. Kinda glad I went over it...

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread Information