Nobody
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,836
    Given: 5,025

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hasien View Post
    Este pendejo de lozano cara de sindrome de down no sabe lo que dice , Colombia Is 3x more colorist then Mexico la mayoria de sus artistas musicales son blanco's .
    But let's be honest, some Latin Americans we take for mestizos are actually Iberian looking.

For example, if Los Del Rio, who are Spaniards, were Latinos, we would see them as mestizos.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,819
    Given: 5,369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Latinus View Post
    But let's be honest, some Latin Americans we take for mestizos are actually Iberian looking.

For example, if Los Del Rio, who are Spaniards, were Latinos, we would see them as mestizos.

Its Inrevelent this days my friend . I personally think self Identification census should drop off In every latm county Mexico for example only has race census for are you of black African decent or you consider yourself Indigenous?

I have seen mexicans who look whiter than me being only 45% genetically euro and others like Thalia being 80%+

Last Online
    03-21-2023 @ 02:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Latin.
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized Gracile-Med
    Politics
    I don't give a fuck about it.
    Hero
    Nobody
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Its Inrevelent this days my friend . I personally think self Identification census should drop off In every latm county Mexico for example only has race census for are you of black African decent or you consider yourself Indigenous?

I have seen mexicans who look whiter than me being only 45% genetically euro and others like Thalia being 80%+
    Ok. I just said that looks can be ambiguos, especially in a very mixed portion of the Americas, which means Euro shifted mestizos and Meds/Berids can overlap, it's not like they will always look clearly distinct.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,819
    Given: 5,369

0 Not allowed!

Ok. I just said that looks can be ambiguos, especially in a very mixed portion of the Americas, which means Euro shifted mestizos and Meds/Berids can overlap, it's not like they will always look clearly distinct.
    I noticed with us mexicans It's very common for men to look paeudo robust berid my father for example In some pics look like that while in others mestizo with higher ssa.

Lozano

0 Not allowed!

Because It isn't it's you guys don't know about Mexico, not to long ago I came across this absurd question asked by a Colombian on Quora of " why Mexico TV are all white" when he's samples looked like this.

I mean they look like typical Central-norther mexicans to me, no wonder why Colombia claims 37%. White In their absurd census now we know what's considered white there
    People nowadays self-identify according to skin colour due to governement interest in unyfing the country in one only mestizo race, as happens in your country. Those women you posted would not be seen as white anywhere in my region except for, maybe, caribbean and pacific people.

You can see capitalinos being asked about racial topics and those who didn't even know that race exist, and most of those who said that were castizos

https://youtu.be/gfgZgUeXZfE

In the other hand. Self-identificaton census in Colombia were not practiced until XX Century. First of them was made in 1912 and the results were similar to nowadays...

Let's suppose that people in that time until today census lied about their ethnicity...In that case we have instead even more reliable sources from XVIII and XIX century compilation of census that allow us to predict the evolution of ethnicity groups basing on that data and demography changes up to our present days.

In 1788 took place first official census made by a viceray Antonio Cabllero y Góngora, adressed directly to Royal Spanish Peninsular authoroties (Basically to the king) .

This was the result (Counting some cuarterones ascended to white possitions, later explains the reason)

https://youtu.be/boBNaV5JoYw

--------------------------

Mentioned censuses I considered more trustful since were made strictly by each town mayor councils and not using self-identify methods , every person was easily distinguible at that time, since white criollo mainly occupied certain positions of power and possessions of land area and where they lived, properties they had... No other person from other ethnicity could occupy, so there was mathematically no place mistake when it comes to identify who was white or who wasn't. This is a census from 1851

This census went through an exhaustive revision, recounting and examinating, to the point that Tomas Cipriano de Mosquera president of Colombia between 1845 and 1849, apart from a statitiscian and slave owner himself (I think importan and reliable elements at the time to trust a source) made next year, in 1852, another census, these were the results

And when they said white they meant truly white people... No mestizos that look white and everything...

Another private independent studies were made by local and US companies after in the 40s and 50s .

According to the Atlas of Colombia published by the Agustín Codazzi Geographical Institute in 1965, 58% of the Colombian population was mestizo, 20% white, 14% mulatto, 4% black, 3% zamba, and 1% indigenous. ("El Atlas de Colombia, Es una obra del Instituto Geográfico Agustín Codazzi, la cual se publica desde el ańo 1967. Se trata del atlas oficial de la república de Colombia y en consecuencia la fuente más autorizada de geografía colombiana").

"Mosquera, Tomas Cipriano (1852). Memoria sobre la geografía, física y política, de la Nueva Granada. Dedicada a la Sociedad Geográfica y Estadística de Nueva York. Imprenta de S.W. Benedict. p. 96."

American independent research studies were also een by the CIA itself . You can see it in this documentary of 1940s at the beginning and listen to her words and what your neigbours estimated about our racial composition

https://youtu.be/MHxa5aXghcE

With me, that I am one of few COlombians that have visited and knows people of the regions of his own country. This is a honestly racial dicersity approach.

I will correct my statement, In genotype+70% European conform around 20-25% of population. And +90% Europeans no more than 5 % of population. As for caucasian phenotypes the percentage is around 35% of colombians..

In Caribe Region 1/15 (1 out of 15 people) are white
    In los Andes Region 3/10 are white
    In Orinoquia region 1/10 are white (most concentration in Villavicencio)

98.7% of population. And 72% in Los Andes

-----------------------

In Amazonia region 1/40 are white (most concentrated in Putumayo)
    In Chocó 1/100 are white

1.7% of population

---------------------------

With this you get that In AVERAGE 25/100 of Colombians are White.

You can see this pattern repeated again and again in my thread " Fenotipos en el deporte colombiano (por regiones)". And How en each photo depending on the region, at least 2 out of 10 athletes in each team pass as white.
    (Depending on the subregion more or less quantity)
    Last edited by Lozano; 01-13-2021 at 11:34 PM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 06:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Ethnicity
    Mexican Mestizo
    Ancestry
    Mexico
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,874
    Given: 12,909

0 Not allowed!

Well, let's give them a second chance, beautiful Thalía can pass in Southern Europe, even if she has a New World vibe.
    Were can Thalia pass?

Last Online
    03-21-2023 @ 02:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Latin.
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized Gracile-Med
    Politics
    I don't give a fuck about it.
    Hero
    Nobody
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RMuller View Post
    Were can Thalia pass?
    Some users said she can pass in Romania easily. And I also think she can pass in Iberia (she is mainly Spanish), Italy (she has some Italic ancestry) and Greece.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Ethnicity
    Mexican Mestizo
    Ancestry
    Mexico
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Not really true (at least depending on the genre). Pop musicians are disproportionately White, but singers of Salsa, Merengue, Vallenatos, Cumbia etc. are a very broad range.

Didn't Daven make a thread that most Colombian Reggeaton singers are white looking? Kind of strange since i see reggeaton as very afro urban type music.Most reagetton singers are part black .

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Ethnicity
    Mexican Mestizo
    Ancestry
    Mexico
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Some users said she can pass in Romania easily. And I also think she can pass in Iberia (she is mainly Spanish), Italy (she has some Italic ancestry) and Greece.
    Im no expert but i think she passes best like in Romania,Bulgaria. I wonder what Cristiano Viejo thinks.
    A Romanian user said that alot of castizos posted on the page 70-94% euro amerindian-Euro mixes pass in his country.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

Los del Río are Gypsies. You as usual posting Gypsies claiming they are Spanish

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information