Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,124
    Given: 9,064

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by michal3141 View Post
    Finns look more Germanic than I expected. Do you have Poles?
    Poles suck at hockey I think they didnt qualify.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-12-2023 @ 03:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Permic
    Ethnicity
    Peasant
    Ancestry
    コミ
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Karaboğa (euryprosopic, platyrrhine, dolichocephalic)
    Relationship Status
    Virgin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,862
    Given: 2,946

6 Not allowed!

Here's morphs of all teams.

Most of the photos are taken at a fairly low angle, and I think they're also taken at high camera distance or high focal length, or at least they're taken under conditions which makes the face look more round. The Czech morph looks like it has the least dead eyes, but it could be because the Czech players looked more directly at the camera. I think the photos of the Czech team are also taken at a closer camera distance, so the face looks like it has more depth and for example the nose looks less flat.

I didn't try to exclude players with a foreign background or non-white players. Sweden's morph includes one part-black player. Canada's morph includes one player who looks mulatto, one player with a Japanese surname who looks hapa, and a third player who looks hapa and whose bio says that he has a Canadian father.

I also tried doing morphs of all players grouped by upper eyelid exposure. As usual, the morphs with lower UEE also have lower orbits with more straight supraorbital rims, and they have a more robust and rectangular face.

Each team had 25 players, so I tried dividing the players of each team in 5 groups of 5 players based on physical attractiveness.

It's probably partially because of my biases, but the highest-rated morphs have more Finnish-like features, like lower orbits, lower upper eyelid exposure, and a more rectangular face shape. The lower-rated morphs have a narrower mouth on average than the higher-rated morphs, but it could be partially because consciously used the width of the mouth as one criterion for determining attractiveness.

The gif file below compares a morph of players rated 5/5 in all teams to a morph of players rated 1/5 in all teams. The 5/5 morph has much lower orbits, so that it also has a shorter distance between the eyebrows and the eyes. The vertical position of its glabella is also much lower. It has lower upper eyelid exposure, higher canthal tilt, and less prominent lines of lower eyelids. Its nose is wider and its mouth is wider, and it clearly also has a longer distance between the left and right nasolabial folds. Its face shape is more rectangular and less elliptical, so that its hairline also looks more straight rather than curved.

Last edited by Komintasavalta; 01-14-2021 at 11:19 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Permic
    Ethnicity
    Peasant
    Ancestry
    コミ
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Relationship Status
    Virgin
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

People who have a narrow mouth like this look deformed:

Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,377
    Given: 8,718

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Looking at them again, curiously the Germans look more Eastern/Slavic-influenced than the Swedes and even Finns.
    Much more immigration, more EEF base which Finns lack and so on.

Last Online
    01-30-2024 @ 04:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Rus
    Ethnicity
    Rus
    Ancestry
    Rus
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    Rus
    mtDNA
    Rus
    Taxonomy
    Rus
    Politics
    Rus
    Religion
    Rus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,457
    Given: 692

0 Not allowed!

Canada, USA and Switzerland look darker than the rest

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Permic
    Ethnicity
    Peasant
    Ancestry
    コミ
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Relationship Status
    Virgin
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I tried making morphs of the 4 players who I estimated to have the widest and narrowest mouth in the teams of Finland and Sweden. I partially adjusted the width of the mouth for the width of the face, so that if someone had a narrow mouth and a wide face, I considered them to have narrower mouth than someone with a narrow mouth and a narrow face. I excluded players who were smiling so that their teeth were visible.

The morphs with a wider mouth ended up looking more East Baltid, but the Swedish morph with a narrow mouth looks distinctly Nordid.

A blog post based on Günther's description of the East Baltid type said: "The mouth is wider than that of other European races, with the exception of the Faelid (* Cro-Magnid)." (http://branibor.blogspot.com/2015/03/blog-post_65.html)

I next used Google's Cloud Vision API to get the coordinates of facial landmarks in the photos of all players (https://cloud.google.com/vision/docs/drag-and-drop). I then selected photos whose "joyLikelihood" parameter was returned as "VERY_UNLIKELY", and I calculated the width of mouth ("MOUTH_LEFT" to "MOUTH_RIGHT") divided by face width plus face height ("LEFT_EAR_TRAGION" to "RIGHT_EAR_TRAGION" plus "MIDPOINT_BETWEEN_EYES" to "CHIN_GNATHION"). The players below had the highest and lowest mouth width relative to face size.

As expected, the morphs with a wider mouth also ended up having a wider nose. They also have lower orbits, so that they have lower upper eyelid exposure and a shorter distance between the eyebrows and the eyes.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,828

1 Not allowed!

People with wider mouths are better leaders, study finds

https://www.psypost.org/2016/03/peop...dy-finds-41797

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,828

0 Not allowed!

dubbel

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Permic
    Ethnicity
    Peasant
    Ancestry
    コミ
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Relationship Status
    Virgin
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

I used Google's Cloud Vision API to calculate various metrics based on the coordinates of facial landmarks (https://cloud.google.com/vision/docs/drag-and-drop). For example this calculates the distance between the left and the right eyes:

curl -sHAuthorization:Bearer\ `gcloud auth application-default print-access-token` -HContent-Type:application/json\;charset=utf-8 https://vision.googleapis.com/v1/images:annotate -d@<(printf %s '{"requests":[{"image":{"content":"'"`base64 input.jpg`"'"},"features":[{"maxResults":1,"type":"FACE_DETECTION"}]}]}')|jq -r '[.responses[0].faceAnnotations[].landmarks[]|select(.type=="LEFT_EYE"or.type=="RIGHT_EYE")|.po sition|[.x,.y,.z]]|[transpose[]]|map(.[1]-.[0]|.*.)|add|sqrt'

I then made the morphs below of the 8 players with the highest and lowest value for each metric. I excluded 104 out of 247 players whose "joyLikelihood" parameter was not "VERY_UNLIKELY". Many of the metrics are affected by the angle and distance of the camera. For example in photos taken at a lower angle, canthal tilt appears lower and nose height appears shorter.

I think some of the best predictors of chadness are the distance between the eyebrows and the eyes (negative; second pair of morphs on second row) and nasal index (positive; first pair of morphs on eighth row).

The morph with the lowest value for "Innercanthal distance : outercanthal distance" looks like Pekka-Eric Auvinen.

I then calculated the average values of the metrics for each country, and I used ClustVis to make the heatmap and PCA chart below (https://biit.cs.ut.ee/clustvis/). I again excluded players whose "joyLikelihood" parameter was not "VERY_UNLIKELY".

The heatmap doesn't seem very accurate, which is probably because the photos of different teams were taken at different camera distance, focal length, and camera angle. It could also be because of small sample size. However at least it's accurate in the sense that Finland has the highest canthal tilt.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    me
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    R1a > YP1337 > R-BY160486*
    mtDNA
    H3*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,239
    Given: 2,623

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Harkonnen View Post
    These boys are all under 20 years, some even something like 16, 17 years of age, so not fully mature. Ehtniks are included

FIN

I expected many light blonds, there are not mature.
    I don't see any. And few dark blonde only. Interesting that two readheads which is more then average.

Fuck I really think some darkening of hair in north Europe is in progress and not created by immigration and mixing.

Harkonnen I don't troll but I told what I see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information