Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kosovo eye colour (parliament study)

The least civilized TA user Terminator98's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-25-2023 @ 12:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Ancestry
    Mars
    Country
    Antarctica
    Taxonomy
    Boogeyman
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,248
    Given: 2,789

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
    It's enough to have a few dark and exotic phenotypes and low blondism for a region to be labeled as exotic. And the same logic you use, which I think is sound, is used by others, even locals, to claim the Ottoman empire changed the Balkans genetically. Many people here, especially women, think we're a mix of barbarian Slavs and Ottomans Terminator told me had to argue and dissuade some individuals in real life who kept making those exact claims.
    I will try to give my opinion about yours (did you know that some people here thought/still think that i'm your alter ego? ).

1. Unfortunately, most people count only pigmentation/eye colour, even here where people know about phenotypes (which is kinda shocking to me, since tanned borreby or baltid is still northern looking, just to name example).
    2.Yeah, a lot of ordinary people think that whoever passed through Balkans stopped to ate and fuck something. I have to include even my mom in this group, unfortunately. Despite the fact that she is educated and smart person (most likely smarter than me) she genuinely believed that some Serbs have Turkish DNA (including her father who looked and was of same pigmentation as me ) because of fact that some Serbs are darker than others. When I asked her why rest of her family (including her) have those large square heads/faces and pale skin combined with blue eyes, bassically stereotypical Slavic look, her answer was something like "Well, some of our female ancestors sucessfully escaped Turkish right of the first night", I was a bit shocked. When I explained her whole thing about genetics and phenotypes she admitted that my version have much more sense. But I can't blame ordinary people who know nothing about genetics when you have people here who have some anthropology/genetics knowledge but are still too stubborn and biased.
    3. About color, I never paid enough attention to that but there is probably some difference. For example, I think that in Serbia most common non-brown eye colours would be various shades of green and hazel and this is truth for other neighbouring countruies as well but I think that percentage of these two is probably a bit different (there is probably bit more pure green and blue eyes than in Albania for example). But i'm not expert on this subject. As you (and perhaps other members) noticed, I was always more focused/fascinated on/with measurements than pigmentation/eye and hair colours. Yeah, i'm different than rest of anthrotards on this forum.

Last Online
    02-24-2024 @ 11:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Ancestry
    81.25% Serbian, 12.5% Croatian, 6.25% Romanian
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    G-Y225016
    mtDNA
    H12a*
    Taxonomy
    Pontid + Alpine/Gorid
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,882
    Given: 8,996

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
    I will try to give my opinion about yours (did you know that some people here thought/still think that i'm your alter ego? ).

1. Unfortunately, most people count only pigmentation/eye colour, even here where people know about phenotypes (which is kinda shocking to me, since tanned borreby or baltid is still northern looking, just to name example).
    2.Yeah, a lot of ordinary people think that whoever passed through Balkans stopped to ate and fuck something. I have to include even my mom in this group, unfortunately. Despite the fact that she is educated and smart person (most likely smarter than me) she genuinely believed that some Serbs have Turkish DNA (including her father who looked and was of same pigmentation as me ) because of fact that some Serbs are darker than others. When I asked her why rest of her family (including her) have those large square heads/faces and pale skin combined with blue eyes, bassically stereotypical Slavic look, her answer was something like "Well, some of our female ancestors sucessfully escaped Turkish right of the first night", I was a bit shocked. When I explained her whole thing about genetics and phenotypes she admitted that my version have much more sense. But I can't blame ordinary people who know nothing about genetics when you have people here who have some anthropology/genetics knowledge but are still too stubborn and biased.
    3. About color, I never paid enough attention to that but there is probably some difference. For example, I think that in Serbia most common non-brown eye colours would be various shades of green and hazel and this is truth for other neighbouring countruies as well but I think that percentage of these two is probably a bit different (there is probably bit more pure green and blue eyes than in Albania for example). But i'm not expert on this subject. As you (and perhaps other members) noticed, I was always more focused/fascinated on/with measurements than pigmentation/eye and hair colours. Yeah, i'm different than rest of anthrotards on this forum.
    Haha, my mom thinks so too. Like I said, it's something females in general tend to believe in, regardless of the level of education You should tell your mom that it's in fact her lighter parent that has a lot of Middle Eastern (Jewish) ancestry, she'll probably be really surprsied.
    As for your third point, I don't think hazel eyes are more common than ligh ones, but the other way around. It's hard to tell from a distance, but most people who don't have light eyes, simply have brown ones instead. That's my experience anyway.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,816
    Given: 7,519

0 Not allowed!

Haha, my mom thinks so too. Like I said, it's something females in general tend to believe in, regardless of the level of education You should tell your mom that it's in fact her lighter parent that has a lot of Middle Eastern (Jewish) ancestry, she'll probably be really surprsied.
    As for your third point, I don't think hazel eyes are more common than ligh ones, but the other way around. It's hard to tell from a distance, but most people who don't have light eyes, simply have brown ones instead. That's my experience anyway.
    Which test showed this?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

As for the OP, this is a useless enterprise because he took the eye color from pictures which are inaccurate especially when it comes to green and hazel eyes. Brown eyes are rare in Albanians, but unless the eyes are blue or gray they would show as brown if the lighting is not optimal / light.
    I have green eyes that in sunlight look even blueish according to a lot of people yet in most pics indoors or at night time they shows as dark hazel.

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,124
    Given: 9,064

6 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulu View Post
    As for the OP, this is a useless enterprise because he took the eye color from pictures which are inaccurate especially when it comes to green and hazel eyes. Brown eyes are rare in Albanians, but unless the eyes are blue or gray they would show as brown if the lighting is not optimal / light.
    I have green eyes that in sunlight look even blueish according to a lot of people yet in most pics indoors or at night time they shows as dark hazel.
    Brown eyes are rare for Albanians? Okay dude XD Most of Albanians have brown hair/eyes combo, it's normal for our climate and geographical place.

Maybe I misunderstood you, who knows.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    Brown eyes are rare for Albanians? Okay dude XD Most of Albanians have brown hair/eyes combo, it's normal for our climate and geographical place.

Maybe I misunderstood you, who knows.
    Yes brown eyes are rare in Albanians unless you are Daltonic. How would you say your eyes are?

Last Online
    02-24-2024 @ 11:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Ancestry
    81.25% Serbian, 12.5% Croatian, 6.25% Romanian
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    G-Y225016
    mtDNA
    H12a*
    Taxonomy
    Pontid + Alpine/Gorid
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,882
    Given: 8,996

2 Not allowed!

Which test showed this?
    Gedmatch + he has close matches with several fully Jewish people, which is otherwise unheard of. Check out the thread he opened when he received the results, there's more info there.

The least civilized TA user Terminator98's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-25-2023 @ 12:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Ancestry
    Mars
    Country
    Antarctica
    Taxonomy
    Boogeyman
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,248
    Given: 2,789

2 Not allowed!

Haha, i've showed her my results and explained to her what they means, even though i'm still not 100% sure is it from her side (until she doesn't take test i can't be completely sure, but i will test her after this corona crap ends). She was a bit surprised but not in negative way, she has very good opinion about Jews so honestly I think she would like to be from her side. She is not some ultra liberal person but she definitely belongs to left wing (well, typical commie, what else to say), so middle eastern or any other non-european genetics doesn't mean that much to her, probably that's reason why she and other Serbian females accepted that turkish theory, genetics or "racial purity" are much less important thing for females than to males, in general.
    About eye colours, I'm not sure, I know some people with hazel eyes (bassically green with hint of brown, right?) but I have no idea about %. Honestly, for me everything that is not brown is light, simple as that.

Which test showed this?
    If you are interested in topic, you can check my thread:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...dmatch-results

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,124
    Given: 9,064

0 Not allowed!

Yes brown eyes are rare in Albanians unless you are Daltonic. How would you say your eyes are?
    Brown?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent