Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Central-southern Italians are the Europeans of more Middle Eastern origin

Last Online
    09-22-2023 @ 04:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italiano
    Ethnicity
    Caucasoide
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeje Brazorf View Post
    63-69% clearly seems to me an exaggeration, I reach about 21.4% but it depends on what is meant by "Middle East". These are my results:

EEF,54 (originated in Anatolia)
    CHG,14 (originated in the Caucasus)
    GANJ_DAREH,11.4 (originated in Iran)
    NATUFIAN,10 (originated in Egypt/Levant)

ANE,6.4 (originated in the Eurasian Steppe)
    WHG,4.2 (originated in Mainland Europe)
    With Middle Eastern origin I simply mean the percentage of ancestors present in the Middle East before the Neolithic migrations as a consequence of the fact that their descendants had not yet reached European territory. In this sense, the map I published represents very well, it is not an exaggeration, perhaps instead an underestimation because Italians more than other Europeans descend from migrants ancestrally linked to the culture of kura-araxes (homeland of the Italian caucasian-hunther-gathers) and anatolia farmer seems to be more of a good Levantine proxy than a whole Middle Eastern proxy, so perhaps about 67-74% of the ancestors of central and southern Italians were in the Middle East before Neolithic and Chalcolithic expansions. You do not arrive at such a negligible figure, it is absurd, not even the Norwegians arrive at so little. Middle East refers to the Middle East, in the central and southern Italian case about 40-50% of the ancestors should be ancestrally linked to the culture of Kura-araxes and arrived in Italy in the late Chalcolithic bringing j2a and j1, while the more remote Neolithic ancestors (g2a , t, partly l2a1 mainly) something similar to 30%, with a total of ancestors present in the Middle East of about 69-74%

Last Online
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian‏‏‎
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,177
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by manu15151513 View Post
    With Middle Eastern origin I simply mean the percentage of ancestors present in the Middle East before the Neolithic migrations as a consequence of the fact that their descendants had not yet reached European territory.
    There, and I mean the same thing.

perhaps about 67-74% of the ancestors of central and southern Italians were in the Middle East before Neolithic and Chalcolithic expansions.
    Again, it depends on what you mean by the Middle East. If you include Anatolia (where most of the ancestors of present-day Europeans lived anyway), then your estimate is correct. If you count Anatolia and the Caucasus as the Middle East then I would tell you that as many as 90% of my ancestors lived in the Middle East before the Neolithic period. But if you mean that 70% of your ancestors lived in the Levant or Caucasus then I would disagree.

in the central and southern Italian case about 40-50% of the ancestors should be ancestrally linked to the culture of Kura-araxes and arrived in Italy in the late Chalcolithic bringing j2a and j1, while the more remote Neolithic ancestors (g2a , t, partly l2a1 mainly) something similar to 30%, with a total of ancestors present in the Middle East of about 69-74%
    You're pretty confused. Italy and even prehistoric Sicily had nothing to do with Kura-Araxes. Yes, there was probably a migration in the Bronze Age from the Aegean or Anatolia, but this only slightly changed the autosomal aspect of Southern Italy (in this case we have the genomes of Bronze Age Sicilians), which at the time continued to be largely Anatolian Neolithic:

EEF,76.2 (which is a lot)
    CHG,7.7 (a negligible amount when you consider that many Europeans have double that)
    WHG,6.6
    GANJ_DAREH,4.8
    ANE,1.9
    NATUFIAN,1.6
    TAFORALT,0.9

Ortho Alpha Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman Orthodox Christian
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,069
    Given: 14,258

0 Not allowed!

If all South Italians look like you then i believe it is true
    The Talmud tells us that the only language the Torah could be translated into elegantly is Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Demons don't scare me.
    Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    They should be scared of me.

Last Online
    02-26-2024 @ 09:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Galloromance
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 6

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
    Overall it seems Italians have more ME ancestry than Moroccans. Here my results :

Target: Hamilcar_scaled
    Distance: 2.9501% / 0.02950090
    46.0 Anatolia_Barcin_N
    27.4 MAR_Iberomaurusian
    12.0 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara
    6.6 Yoruba
    5.0 Levant_Natufian
    1.6 IRN_Ganj_Dareh_N
    1.4 WHG
    Iberomaurusian is an hybrid component of 70% Natufian and 30% SSA, so your total amount of ME ancestry Is in the 25-30% range which Is higher than that found in South Italians.

This without considering that modern Middle Easterners have a non trivial amount of SSA admixture.

Ezekiel 18:4

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Last Online
    07-05-2021 @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    'White American'
    Ethnicity
    Greco-Mediterranean
    Ancestry
    Europe of course
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    J2b2*
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Alpo-EasternMed
    Politics
    I don't do politics
    Hero
    Spartacus, Jesse James, Achilles, Avicenna, Zoroaster, Gautama Buddha, Christ, Nietzsche, Hitler
    Religion
    Philosophical and Spiritual Panentheist.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 604
    Given: 140

0 Not allowed!

No, it is not at all. Also on various calculator such as Eurogenes K13 emerges. North Africans are essentially descended from hunter-gatherers present from well before the Neolithic in North Africa and from Neolithic farmers of Middle Eastern origin who have spread agriculture. To a very minor extent they are descended from Sub-Saharanians, Phoenicians and Arabs responsible for the spread of Islam. From what I have seen in general about 8-9% of the ancestors are Muslim Arab migrants of the Middle Ages and about 1-2% of the ancestors are Phoenicians, so about 10% of that Anatolian component probably comes from them, and therefore in general about 50% of their ancestors are directly attributable to the descendants of Middle Eastern farmers. Differently from the Italians, however, their Neolithic origins are much more archaic: the Italians owe about 75% of anatolian farmer to Middle Eastern farmers who arrived in the late Chalcolithic in Italy, mainly responsible for the very high caucasian-hunther-gathers heritage and today's j2a diffusion with ancestral origin of the Kura-Araxes culture, while the North Africans derive almost totally that 50% of Anatolian farmer directed by the very first Levantine Neolithic farmers uncontaminated by the migrations that will take place around the Chalcolithic that will enrich the Levant and southern Europe with j2 and Chg. In that image it is called "anatolia" because it is specifically targeted for Europeans and Neolithic migrations in Europe have essentially made their way to Anatolia, but in the North African case there is nothing Anatolian but Levantine.
    North Africans are descended predominately from a completely different batch of farmers. From Taforalt-Natufian like farmers. Not Anatolian farmers. They only have around 25% Anatolian farmer ancestry.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:32 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    French Alpinoide
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    France
    Taxonomy
    French Alpinoide
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,276
    Given: 1,172

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeje Brazorf View Post
    There, and I mean the same thing.

Again, it depends on what you mean by the Middle East. If you include Anatolia (where most of the ancestors of present-day Europeans lived anyway), then your estimate is correct. If you count Anatolia and the Caucasus as the Middle East then I would tell you that as many as 90% of my ancestors lived in the Middle East before the Neolithic period. But if you mean that 70% of your ancestors lived in the Levant or Caucasus then I would disagree.

You're pretty confused. Italy and even prehistoric Sicily had nothing to do with Kura-Araxes. Yes, there was probably a migration in the Bronze Age from the Aegean or Anatolia, but this only slightly changed the autosomal aspect of Southern Italy (in this case we have the genomes of Bronze Age Sicilians), which at the time continued to be largely Anatolian Neolithic:

EEF,76.2 (which is a lot)
    CHG,7.7 (a negligible amount when you consider that many Europeans have double that)
    WHG,6.6
    GANJ_DAREH,4.8
    ANE,1.9
    NATUFIAN,1.6
    TAFORALT,0.9
    If they were also "EEF", they clustered near the Sardinians, which is not the case.

They get more "R_Tepecik_Ciftlik_N" (more Caucasus/Iran farmer shifted) mixed with Caucasus and Iran farmer and others, on the Global 25 ...

Last Online
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian‏‏‎
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,177
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Flashball View Post
    If they were also "EEF", they clustered near the Sardinians, which is not the case.

They get more "R_Tepecik_Ciftlik_N" (more Caucasus/Iran farmer shifted) mixed with Caucasus and Iran farmer and others, on the Global 25 ...
    Who exactly are you talking about? The ancestral composition of Middle and Late Bronze Age Sicilian samples (1564-1004 BC) is 76.8% EEF, 7.5% CHG, 6.6% WHG, 4.9% Ganj_Dareh, etc. The modern Sardinian average (which is far from representative of most Sardinians) with 77.2% EEF is only slightly more "Neolithic", and it too has Ganj Dareh (4.2%) and CHG (2.2%) admixture. Nuragic Sardinians dating from the period mentioned above are not only more EEF than modern Sardinians (82.2%), but also completely lack the eastern input of the latter.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Solutrean
    Country
    Monaco
    Region
    Lyon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z367
    mtDNA
    H1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,453
    Given: 5,717

0 Not allowed!

The only relevant components are:

WHG - ANE - BASAL - East Asian - ASE - SSA. Evertyhing else are intermediates or mixes of those components, we can go even further but this is a good starting point, as they are quite removed from each others (maybe WHG/ANE have some relatively closer relationship, but we need those two apart in the more specific case of Europe)

It also doesn't make much sense to think in terms of past geographical locations, at different times it didn't fit what we consider related to a region nowadays. For example ANF had very little to do with present Anatolians. They were a basal eurasian branch that had likely stalled a bit more around the near east than earlier splits, and mixing later then, either West with WHG, East with ANE and South with SSA. Which in turns created ANF, CHG and ANA.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA