Ethnicity
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 3

4 Not allowed!

Default Y-DNA study on North Macedonia

Slavic, Albanian and Turkish speakers tested. The study showed a higher % of I2a among Slavic speakers compared to Albanian and Turkish speakers.

A total of 314 individuals representing the three major ethno-linguistic groups (ethnic Macedonians, Albanians and Turks) in the Republic of North Macedonia were analyzed for Y-SNPs and Y-STRs using minisequencing and fragment analysis. The haplogroup composition differed remarkably between the three groups with dominance of haplogroup I2 in ethnic Macedonians (28.1%), E1b in Albanians (35.3%) and J2a (34.9%) in Turks, respectively. The haplotype analysis using the YFilerPlus kit disclosed a significant reduction in diversity values (DC, GD) for the Turkish subgroup compared to the Macedonian and Albanian speaking populations. The Y-STR based population analysis revealed a similarity of ethnic Macedonians with neighboring Serbians and Bulgarians. The same holds true for the Albanian speakers from Macedonia and Albania, whereas the Turkish minority in North Macedonia stands apart from the population in Turkey.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...72497319301097

Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dağlı (Mountaineer)
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    R1a-CTS3402
    mtDNA
    R0a1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,337
    Given: 3,930

0 Not allowed!

Haplogroup I2-P215 was found to be the most frequent haplogroup in Macedonian speaking Macedonians (28.1%) followed by R1a-M198 and E1b-M35 (19.4%, respectively). In Albanians the dominant haplogroup is E1b-M35 (35.3%) followed by R1b-M269 (20%) and J2b-M102 (18%) and in the Turkish speakers J2a-M410 is carried by 35% of the population followed by R1b-M269 (20%) and I2- P215 (19%)
    Turkish one is really strange. I don't know how could J2a can be too much, and R1a can not appear in TOP 3.

Last Online
    01-24-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thracian View Post
    Turkish one is really strange. I don't know how could J2a can be too much, and R1a can not appear in TOP 3.
    I don't know but I2a seems consistently to be associated more with Slavic speaking people.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Rumelian
    Ethnicity
    Balkan Turkish, Pomak
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Q-F16045
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,836
    Given: 7,303

3 Not allowed!

Indeed. Percentage dramatically differs from the rest.

I would suspect they collected results from the relative individuals, but there is a great variety of sampling locations:

Some notes:

We analyzed 314 27-loci haplotypes typed in three Macedonian subpopulations (Table S1) and calculated the forensic parameters haplotype diversity (HD), discrimination capacity (DC) and the haplotype match probability (HMP) (Table 1). The results show that the YFiler™ Plus haplotype format is highly diverse and discriminative in the Macedonian speaking Macedonians. In contrast HD is reduced in Albanians and drastically reduced in the Turk speakers. We found only one shared haplotype between the Macedonian speaking and Turk speaking Macedonians. Genetic differences based on Rst distances were found to be significant between the three ethnic groups in Macedonia (Table 2). Neighboring populations in the region from Greece, Turkey, Serbia, Bulgaria and Albania (Table 2) were compared to the Northern Macedonian populations. Low Rst values between the tested samples were found for a Slavic cluster consisting of Macedonians, Bulgarians and Serbians as well as for the Albanian speakers from North Macedonia and Albania (Fig. 2). The pairwise AMOVA analysis between the Turkish groups from North Macedonia and Turkey revealed comparatively large distances to each other and to the Albanian and Slavic clusters. All North Macedonian subpopulations have a significant distance to the Northern Greek sample, where the Albanians have the smallest and the Turkish the largest distance (Fig. 2, Table 2).

In our population study we were able to show that only the Macedonian speakers of Northern Macedonia could be completely resolved whereas the Albanian and especially the Turkish speakers in North Macedonia have a smaller (Albanian) and larger proportion (Turkish) of still identical 27-loci haplotypes (Table 1). One explanation of this extended relatedness could be due to the influence of patrilocal family structures in the Albanian and more so in the Turkish subpopulation. However, other causative demographic aspects need to be taken into account and further multidisciplinary research is necessary to come up with a solid explanation. The reduced haplotype diversity in the Turkish subpopulation is probably also responsible for the comparatively large genetic distance to a Turkish population from Turkey (Fig. 2, Table 2). In contrast, the Albanian speaking subpopulation in North Macedonia cannot be differentiated from a sample from Albania and likewise the Slavic-speaking Macedonians are in very close genetic vicinity to other Slavic-speaking groups, the Serbians and Bulgarians (Fig. 2, Table 2). On the other hand, a significant Rst distance is measured between the population from Northern Greece and the clusters of Slavic and Albanian speakers, respectively. The AMOVA analysis suggests that the analyzed populations are genetically related primarily on the basis of linguistic, rather than on geographic proximity with the notable exception of the Macedonian Turks which deviate genetically from a possible source population sampled in Turkey.

The outcome of the Y-STR analysis is confirmed by the Y-SNP based haplogroup analysis showing that the three ethno-linguistic groups of Northern Macedonia can be clearly differentiated by their haplogroup composition.

Comparison:

Last Online
    01-24-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I2a and R1a clearly is associated more with Slavic speaking populations or where such a DNA is high. Yes these samples could be the result of a bottle neck effect but the PCA map you posted clearly shows Albanians do not cluster with Slavs. There are some Macedonians that cluster with Albanians as shown by some of the samples posted by the Macedonian members here but it is as I suspected, Macedonians and Bulgarians cluster more north on average with a higher amount of Slavic ancestry, they touch the Serbian and Romanian cluster. Romanian has absorbed a lot of Slavic while retaining the Pre-Slavic language. Proto-Romanian was probably like Aromanian.

Last Online
    08-26-2022 @ 04:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isu god
    Ethnicity
    The 13th tribe
    Ancestry
    Birthplace of mankind (Hyperborean J2 factory - Atlantis)
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Y-DNA
    Sumer-Hyperborea-Altai (J2)
    mtDNA
    non-j2 farmer women
    Taxonomy
    Ascended
    Politics
    J2 world slavery
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,106
    Given: 3,279

1 Not allowed!

that percent of M410 is interesting
    that is also the primary clade present in Iranian J2 (over 90% of it is M410 im pretty sure)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Maul View Post
    The Age of R1 is over... The time of the J2, has come (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade
    I'd say Turanid/Alpine/Mediterranean mix.
    Target: DrMaul
    Distance: 0.00000%
    100.0 First Man - J2 Atlantean

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Rumelian
    Ethnicity
    Balkan Turkish, Pomak
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Q-F16045
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,836
    Given: 7,303

2 Not allowed!

I have been analyzing for almost 3 hours the STR results of the Macedonian Turks. There is obviously something that is wrong. At first, I thought these HGs undergo a bottleneck as the Turkish population is limited in the region in the last 100 years and created a radical founder effect among Macedonian Turks, and actually, there is still such a chance, but then I changed my mind to authors might be collected relative's results. I mean, I could understand such an amount of relativity connection, but there are exact same haplotypes present in J, R1b, and I2a that boosted these three's percentage.

Another option would be the tribal migration to the region, but we actually don't see something like that in the rest of Balkan Turks, would therein Macedonia? Well, you decide.

Only 84 distinct haplotypes in 109, and only 65 singletons...

Almost every cluster has an identical result. The one in the middle has 4 brothers. 23 of 33 have a distinct haplotype, and a bunch of them still in relative degree. A similar case in R1b:

Besides, when presuming all this information reflects the actual spreading, I prepared another MDS by adding a Central Asian reference to focus on the diversification of Macedonian Turks:

In the end, I have serious concerns about taking those percentages seriously or not, and actually, I'm going to ask authors to add supplementary material that states their sample gathering method. It is necessary to come to a conclusion, at least in terms of Macedonian Turks. Otherwise, Macedonian samples gathered seems legit enough.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-28-2024 @ 06:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Ethnicity
    Pelasgian-Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Abruzzo
    Y-DNA
    Bessi tribe
    Hero
    Spartacus / Achilles / Jane Sandanski
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,822
    Given: 1,097

0 Not allowed!

This all studies are kinda funny and wortless,not showing real picture,this studies are based from samples which are took from people which lives in Skopje capital of Macedonia,which again is populated with good percentage of Macedo-Serbs and Macedo-Bosnians, real Macedonian genetics are everywhere except Kumanovo and certain percentage from Skopje, everything Northwest,West,Southwest,South,Southest,East from Skopje are purest genetics.

High on life and drunk on knowledge
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-02-2022 @ 05:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ascended Nubian Pharaoh
    Ethnicity
    Canned Fried Chicken
    Ancestry
    Black and Bold
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    E1b1N1GA
    mtDNA
    Nubian
    Taxonomy
    Black Israelite
    Politics
    Ham Sandwich
    Hero
    Elvis
    Religion
    Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,067
    Given: 39,632

1 Not allowed!

R1a isn't Turkish though, its Indo-Aryan. You can find I2, G etc among Mongoloid peoples because they adopted entire tribes of people just like the Vikings did. Most "Turkish" Balkan peoples are just natives who adopted Turkish culture.
    Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Even if this were hard--that is how it is ! Assuredly, however, by far the harder fate is that which strikes the man who thinks he can overcome Nature, but in the last analysis only mocks her. Distress, misfortune, and diseases are her answer.

Kekgenes K13

1 Swahili+ Jew + Kekistani + Trailerparkistan @ 6.9420

M.T.A
    Celt + Frank (4.869)
    Viking Icelandic + Frank (5.463)
    Viking Icelandic + Celt (5.545)
    Celt + Saxon (5.789)
    Viking Danish + Celt (6.283)
    Celt (6.539)
    Frank (10.13)
    Viking Icelandic (10.34)
    Viking Danish (10.4)