Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 28,982

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rethel View Post
    The same. The fact, that they chose to fight for Ireland, doesn't chnage who they are.
    And always has to be destincted an inheritable identity (which is not changeable) from
    the residentional (which can change). Biden is not Irish in both meanings.

So 99% of history was excentiric.

It is btw very symptomatic, that people who either don't care or are very ignorant about history, tradition, religion, law, and customs, and who base their only true judgment only on their own imagination corrupted by other internet ignorants, claim to be normal and to know better, than someone who speaks with support of laws, traditions, customs, religions, history, literature aso... Interesting, isn't it?

Also would not change, if he would identify as a pygmy woman.
    He can claim whatever he want's, but it will not changed his provenance.

He has just some stronger reason to be interested, but the situation is the same.
    Everything you said above just ignores the fact that these people have substantial Irish ancestry. How you are reared and what you identify as will be influenced by both parents and their families not just a surname or y-dna line. Your argument just doesn't hold water. Anyway no one is saying Biden is Irish. He is an American who has Irish ancestry.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,021
    Given: 6,623

2 Not allowed!

Because the topest people were Normands, and they were creators and rulers of the state. And to some quite high degree still are.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_England
    The Kingdom of England was a sovereign state on the island of Great Britain from 12 July 927, when it emerged from various Anglo-Saxon kingdoms, until 1 May 1707, when it united with Scotland to form the Kingdom of Great Britain.

On 12 July 927, the various Anglo-Saxon kingdoms were united by Æthelstan (r. 927–939) to form the Kingdom of England. In 1016, the kingdom became part of the North Sea Empire of Cnut the Great, a personal union between England, Denmark and Norway. The Norman conquest of England in 1066 led to the transfer of the English capital city and chief royal residence from the Anglo-Saxon one at Winchester to Westminster, and the City of London quickly established itself as England's largest and principal commercial centre.[2]
    You've made your point about ethnicity only being defined by paternal line. Nobody buys it, and it's getting tedious.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 09:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Japhethite: Indoeuropean. Sarmatian. Poldeutsch.
    Ancestry
    Rzeczpospolita - the only Republic which was a Kingdom.
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    Singen.
    Religion
    Christian Yahwism aka Arianism.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,490
    Given: 10,741

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Rethel you are sort of going down the Primogeniture side of things when a clan is a tribe rather than just it's cheiftan and father to son.
    And there are certain families belonging to, and the list is closed. So, neither Trump, neither Biden, neither me can add himself. Period.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    Singen.
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Everything you said above just ignores the fact that these people have substantial Irish ancestry. How you are reared and what you identify as will be influenced by both parents and their families not just a surname or y-dna line.
    I nowhere said "just surname or y-dna".

If both parents and their families, then they also have two, and so on.
    Then in fact, you try to say, that he belongs to 1000, 1000000, 1000000000 families... what is an absurd.

You just can't bear a simple fact, that he is a member of his own family, and his family is english.
    He doesn't belong to any irish family, neither clan, so he can't be an Irishman.

Why are you insting on complicating things?

You are for irish heritage and tradition? So why you undermining it?

Anyway no one is saying Biden is Irish.
    Really?

He is an American who has Irish ancestry.
    English.

I have mastered chakra and can also do romjutsu
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,167
    Given: 58,939

1 Not allowed!

Hey Rethel do you live in austria now? Just curious because of the flag in your profile
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    "For wise and good men always feel disinclined to hurt those that are of much less strength than themselves"
    "Truth and Virtue do not necessarily belong to wealth and Power and distinctions of big mansions"
    "To abuse and insult, is inconsistent with reason and justice"
    - The Prophet of Indian Nationalism Raja Ram Mohan Roy

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    Singen.
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

When they conquered the England, they could named it as they wished.
    Normans were ruling class, didn't even speak english, but french, they were the masters of reality and situation.
    Btw, in english history and literature this thread is alive on and on and on - a division between Normans and non-Normans.

You've made your point about ethnicity only being defined by paternal line.
    So you we'll be very happy, when your sons and grandsons, will be sissies and renounce you, because their mommy...

Nobody buys it, and it's getting tedious.
    I do not expect any ignorant, who's only argument is "becasue I said so" to agree with me.
    Behind me stay thousands of years of history, laws, religions, traditions. You have only your
    own wishfull thinking against me and constant ignorance against all what I just enumarated.
    So, why I should bother?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    Singen.
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    Hey Rethel do you live in austria now? Just curious because of the flag in your profile
    Nope.
    I chose austrian flag because is the same as the banner of the sarmatian Commonwealth
    ("Rzeczpospolita - the only Republic which was a Kingdom" as it is described above her)

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,942
    Given: 45,032

2 Not allowed!

Grace, I know this is a general sentiment among Irish, that is stick to and support their kind, no matter what. I understand where they're coming from, and it's perhaps a very normal manifestation of tribalism. The same holds true for Irish attitudes towards the Clintons.

I have to wonder though... Do Irish people not look deeper into politicians like these, and do they not notice pure evil when they see it? Interestingly enough many if not most Catholics I know are absolutely opposed to Biden's policies on abortion and support for other radical leftist ideas. I mean, it's not far removed from full blown communism! And yet, the Irish... seem to be walking their own path.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,021
    Given: 6,623

0 Not allowed!

When they conquered the England, they could named it as they wished.
    Normans were ruling class, didn't even speak english, but french, they were the masters of reality and situation.
    Btw, in english history and literature this thread is alive on and on and on - a division between Normans and non-Normans.
    They mixed with and considered themselves English within a few hundred years, and so does everyone else (except you). When the ruling classes of England subjugated other nations, English people never get to say 'but it were the Normans'.

So you we'll be very happy, when your sons and grandsons, will be sissies and renounce you, because their mommy...

I do not expect any ignorant, who's only argument is "becasue I said so" to agree with me.
    Behind me stay thousands of years of history, laws, religions, traditions. You have only your
    own wishfull thinking against me and constant ignorance against all what I just enumarated.
    So, why I should bother?
    I'm just saying you've made your point over and over again, everyone knows what your opinion on the matter is. As it happens, nearly everyone disagrees, so yeah, why should you bother.

If my sons and grandsons think themselves different than me then it's my fault for mixing with different people. Racial purity > patrilineal integrity.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 28,982

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Grace, I know this is a general sentiment among Irish, that is stick to and support their kind, no matter what. I understand where they're coming from, and it's perhaps a very normal manifestation of tribalism. The same holds true for Irish attitudes towards the Clintons.

I have to wonder though... Do Irish people not look deeper into politicians like these, and do they not notice pure evil when they see it? Interestingly enough many if not most Catholics I know are absolutely opposed to Biden's policies on abortion and support for other radical leftist ideas. I mean, it's not far removed from full blown communism! And yet, the Irish... seem to be walking their own path.
    I don't agree that Irish stick to and support their own kind more than any other ethnicity does. Even one of the articles linked above show Irish-Americans don't vote as a block and they don't here in Australia either. As has been pointed out Pence has more Irish ancestry than Biden but as a person who is just looking at this from Ireland's point of view the Democrats and Biden have been much more supportive of Ireland regarding things like the GFA and pointing out that they will not give a trade agreement to Britain if there is a hard border in Ireland. Compare to Donald Trump who did not even know anything about the border situation and definitely didn't appear to understand it when he was with Leo Varadkar. So for all the people that are against Biden he is good for Ireland and that is where I'm coming from in regards to his international commitments.

The US president said he didn't think there'd be any problem with the border "wall" in Ireland. He was quickly corrected by his Irish host, who said any such barrier was the last thing the country needed.
    https://www.dw.com/en/trump-says-iri...ell/a-49078233

The US president-elect, Joe Biden, has repeated his call for the border between Ireland and the United Kingdom to remain open as the contentious issue threatens to complicate the final stages of the Brexit process.

Biden had stressed the importance of protecting Northern Ireland’s peace deal in the Brexit process in a call with the UK’s prime minister, Boris Johnson, after the Democrat won the US election against Donald Trump. He also said that he had discussed the issue with other European leaders.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...st-remain-open

So as an non-US citizen and someone that doesn't want a hard Irish border I wanted Joe Biden to get the Presidency as he obviously has Ireland's best interests at heart. The reason why the Clintons are thought well of in Ireland is because they really backed the GFA and worked hard for it as did Tony Blair.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information