Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,666
    Given: 5,623

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    I hope you are joking, since TONS of Spanish cheeses have been, SINCE ALWAYS, among the best of the world with no discussion. They are very renowned.

D
    It's mostly Manchego and it's variants but perhaps you can give some advices.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    It's mostly Manchego and it's variants but perhaps you can give some advices.
    En Espańa tenemos 150 tipos de quesos.
    https://www.directoalpaladar.com/act...nde-comprarlos
    https://www.abc.es/viajar/gastronomi...7_noticia.html

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,666
    Given: 5,623

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    The Zamorano and cabrales I also knew, now I'm curious about those from Menorca, look good and well "curado", I will look for it. Thanks for the links bro.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    The Zamorano and cabrales I also knew, now I'm curious about those from Menorca, look good and well "curado", I will look for it. Thanks for the links bro.
    Curado is the only one type I like.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:48 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic Celtic Romance
    Ethnicity
    Central/Northwestern Euro
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,985
    Given: 450

1 Not allowed!

Speaking of cuisine, I once overhead two men speaking European French at Walmart's about French restaurants, so I introduced myself and asked them what were their favorite haute cuisine restaurants in France, and was told by one that he knew more about crottes cuisines than hautes cuisines because the former were more affordable. Even funnier in Cajun with crotte ("turd") and haute rhyming in -aw-. Incidentally, the h- of haute is still aspirated in Cajun, and cuisine is kiséne, as in "I brought the KEYS IN." Although one would not expect it, a Cajun ("Cadjein") female is not a Cadjeinne, but a Cadjénne, with ending as in kiséne. Exceptions to the rule in all languages.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-21-2023 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,343
    Given: 3,478

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hurtuv View Post
    I’m not sure what the French call South of France, is it the half by my vague idea? I was mostly referring to the southernmost third anyway, still Blade’s studies refer to the halves and the conclusion are what they are.
    South of France begin approximately in Valence. So it's the like 250km inland (or a bit more).

This one equates Iberia more with the southernmost third of France, so I’ll take conclusions from both.
    Well, with millions of Italian and Spaniard-descended people in Southern France ... Ethnic provencals are much lighter than Spaniards, facts.

Regarding the studies being old or new, neither the difference would be that significant because of recent foreign ancestry; nor should one say that things were “purer” back then in a way (I’m talking about general population here, not individual cases) because given enough time these foreign ancestries become fully native by definition, you don’t have to go as far back as the barbarian invasions to see how this applies; nor, being Portugal and France both countries with extensive colonial pasts and migrations, one should assume they wouldn’t be more or less equally “darkened”, if that was even the case. Also at the bottom of page 40 there
    It has no sense comparing Portugal and France because France received millions of foreign people in the 20th century : Italians, Spaniards, Portuguese, Polish... with forgetting extra-euros. At the same time Portugal remained the same. There are many people in Southern France with partial lineages from Southern Europe. And of course this increases the "similarity" between both populations, but unless we are speaking of people that have a fully genealogical tree from Provence...

See inland cities. See people that have only provencal ancestors. They are definitely different from Southern Euros in pigmentation even if genetically they are quite related.

Do you have the links of the studies you mentioned? I don’t doubt they exist but I’d like to take a look. Still I was mostly referring to comparisons between Iberians and Southern France, not Southern Europe in general, and you can also take conclusions from the differences between Southern Europeans by looking at the Blade’s studies of these countries.
    If I'm not mistaken it's an old conscript study, made in 1930 so before the mass migrations of the 70s involving many Southern Euros.

Were they done with the exact same criteria of pigmentation for France and otherwise? If they weren’t done by the same persons I doubt this would be the case, even if they were using the same scales, unless in both cases they had the actual scales with the colours printed right there to compare to people’s hair and eyes, an error is possible. The Blade’s and Supercomputers on the other hand were done by the same guys, their criteria are good, still it could be more or less strict on this or that but he wouldn’t change it from one study to another - so they’re reliable for comparisons.
    They had several dozens of thousands samples. I don't think it has the same statistical force as Blade and SP studies that involve some hundreds people, and with genealogy not checked other than surname.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Samnium View Post
    Well, with millions of Italian and Spaniard-descended people in Southern France ... Ethnic provencals are much lighter than Spaniards, facts.
    You wish.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information