View Poll Results: Hatred between Turks and Arabs?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • It still relatively exists

12 66.67%
  • It doesn't exist anymore

0 0%
  • This is first time I hear about this

3 16.67%
  • It never existed.

3 16.67%
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Hatred between Turks and Arabs?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 523
    Given: 786

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Negah View Post
    There have been periods of intolerance, forced conversion, and persecution of the Christian communities in the middle east. Unfortunately, this is even true today in the middle east where you have various extremist movements within the Islamic world.
    You are probably right, but we can't just cover up bad things that happened because of good deeds of the few.
    We need to be objective and look at the whole picture in perspective. Let us be brave and not muddy historical facts and let us just try to say thing as they are.
    That fact that any population has been decimated after been conquered speaks loudly for itself, we don't need to burry our heads in the sand.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2022 @ 10:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,065
    Given: 3,120

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by chinshen View Post
    Can you answer my question then please?
    You seemed to be in denial. I just don't exactly know if you are convinced of what you are saying, or just trying to cover things up.
    A lot of people seem to have the attitude that their shit doesn't stink, only other people's shit stink and always try to dress it up nicely or just outright denial.
    you don't understand, I'm not saying christian minorities never faced discrimination or persecutions but talking about genocide is far-fetched and simply false.

I'm not even muslim btw so why would I be in denial ?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
    you don't understand, I'm not saying christian minorities never faced discrimination or persecutions but talking about genocide is far-fetched and simply false.

I'm not even muslim btw so why would I be in denial ?
    I think you are the one who either does not understand or doesn't want to understand.
    I will repeat it again, how do you explain MENA Christian population dropping from 100% to below 10% and many disappearing all together.

Let me see, don't tell me communal mass suicides and donating all their wealth and possessions to their conquerors.

Fighting Social Liberal TheGoldenSon's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-05-2021 @ 01:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slaven
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Bosnia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1a2b-L621
    Politics
    Social liberalism/Rhine capitalism
    Hero
    Adil Zulfikarpašić, Konrad Adenauer, Ludwig Erhard, Lee Kuan Yew
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 764
    Given: 1,020

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
    It doesn't make sense to hate millions of modern people because of events that happened 1 century ago...

and arabs can easily make the same kind of list, these childish fights are a waste of time
    "The stab in the back" myth is a powerful poison which doesn't leave the national body for decades, even centuries in some cases. The Arab Rebellion against Caliphate was the reason why the Ottoman underbelly collapsed, reason why over 2 million Turks died during the later Anatolian Unification led by Ataturk and why Turkey had to give up on some of the oil rich regions on the planet after centuries of administration.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenSon View Post
    "The stab in the back" myth is a powerful poison which doesn't leave the national body for decades, even centuries in some cases. The Arab Rebellion against Caliphate was the reason why the Ottoman underbelly collapsed, reason why over 2 million Turks died during the later Anatolian Unification led by Ataturk and why Turkey had to give up on some of the oil rich regions on the planet after centuries of administration.
    The oil rich regions were not part of Tukey, but were parts of Ottoman empire. Unless you are equating the current country of Turkey with the Ottoman empire which some Turkish members here try to distance.

Last Online
    08-14-2023 @ 06:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkmen/Tatar
    Ancestry
    Western Taurus Mountains / Iris Delta
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turanid/Alpinid/Med
    Politics
    National Liberalism
    Hero
    Tong Yabgu
    Religion
    Atheist
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 148

0 Not allowed!

The oil rich regions were not part of Tukey, but were parts Ottoman empire. Unless you are equating the current country of Turkey with the Ottoman empire which some Turkish members here try to distance.
    No, Bosnian guy is right. We had to leave predominanatly Mosul after Treaty of Lozan (Mosul problem postponed) because British backed Zealout Kurd Rebellion. And while army was struggling with rebellious bastards we had to make Ankara Treaty which gives us %10 of Petroleum income of Mosul. Later another Kurd Ismet İnönü took 10 years payment and relinquished other rights.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    No, Bosnian guy is right. We had to leave predominanatly Mosul after Treaty of Lozan (Mosul problem postponed) because British backed Zealout Kurd Rebellion. And while army was struggling with rebellious bastards we had to make Ankara Treaty which gives us %10 of Petroleum income of Mosul. Later another Kurd Ismet İnönü took 10 years payment and relinquished other rights.
    You are right, I am aware of the treaties that you mentioned. I am just questioning the part about Mosul and other oil rich lands being part of Turkey. True they were part of Ottoman empire, but were not parts of current Turkey as a country.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkmen/Tatar
    Ancestry
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turanid/Alpinid/Med
    Politics
    National Liberalism
    Hero
    Tong Yabgu
    Religion
    Atheist
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You are right, I am aware of the treaties that you mentioned. I am just questioning the part about Mosul and other oil rich lands being part of Turkey. True they were part of Ottoman empire, but were not parts of current Turkey as a country.
    No they were (actually Mosul which Nationalist Turks and Turkmens fight still against commies) as part of Turkey as Istanbul. The borders of New Turkish state actually determined on the last meeting of Ottoman Parliement after WW1. (including Mosul. Batumi part of East Trachia and Antioch) and invasions of predominantly Turk soil refused. They also didnt approved the Treaty of Sevres which signed by collobarationist bastard government (gigachads) so Allies invaded Istanbul and arrested patriot deputies. The reason I am telling this all is Mosul is Turkish mainland which Mustafa Kemal said we will die for. For an example we didnt fight for Syria, Iraq, whole peninsula etc. Cause they were not mainland.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    No they were (actually Mosul which Nationalist Turks and Turkmens fight still against commies) as part of Turkey as Istanbul. The borders of New Turkish state actually determined on the last meeting of Ottoman Parliement after WW1. (including Mosul. Batumi part of East Trachia and Antioch) and invasions of predominantly Turk soil refused. They also didnt approved the Treaty of Sevres which signed by collobarationist bastard government (gigachads) so Allies invaded Istanbul and arrested patriot deputies. The reason I am telling this all is Mosul is Turkish mainland which Mustafa Kemal said we will die for. For an example we didnt fight for Syria, Iraq, whole peninsula etc. Cause they were not mainland.
    Turkic population of Mosul back then was probably not even 10% of the total population of the province of Mosul. So just because Turkish state desired that the oil rich Mosul province was going to be part of the newly created state of Turkey does not mean that is going to be a legit claim.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkmen/Tatar
    Ancestry
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turanid/Alpinid/Med
    Politics
    National Liberalism
    Hero
    Tong Yabgu
    Religion
    Atheist
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Turkic population of Mosul back then was probably not even 10% of the total population of the province of Mosul. So just because Turkish state desired that the oil rich Mosul province was going to be part of the newly created state of Turkey does not mean that is going to be a legit claim.
    So why didnt they claim other petroleum rich areas? Actually did you count the Turks in mosul in 1914?

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread Information