Harold Godwinson
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 193

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Which group was it that spent all of 2020 burning cities, attacking police officers and folks dining on patios, and screaming "No Justice, No Black eyed peas.."

I can't quite put my finger on it, it's on the tip of my tongue...
    Let me think... damn, I just can't remember... LOL

Last Online
    08-14-2023 @ 06:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkmen/Tatar
    Ancestry
    Western Taurus Mountains / Iris Delta
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turanid/Alpinid/Med
    Politics
    National Liberalism
    Hero
    Tong Yabgu
    Religion
    Atheist
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 148

0 Not allowed!

You all have to be sorry for being a member of native ethinicity of your country, it is racist and unacceptable.

Last Online
    04-22-2022 @ 02:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Russian, German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,448
    Given: 918

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stahlbestie91 View Post
    Everytime you think, there can’t possibly be another superlative in degeneration and retardation someone comes along and just takes the crown with ease.
    You just wait—it’s only going to get worse. We’re entering a very dark point in history.

Last Online
    12-04-2022 @ 10:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Czech
    Ancestry
    Moravia+Silesia+Bohemia=Czechia
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Moravia-Silesia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a (R-M512)
    mtDNA
    V (V7a)
    Taxonomy
    Europithecus
    Politics
    of the all azimuths
    Hero
    Viktor Mihály Orbán
    Religion
    ČCE
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 4,545

2 Not allowed!

1984 was A Warning Not A Manual

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 07:40 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,376
    Given: 31,164

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    War is peace.
    It was a toss up between them and antifa.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

2 Not allowed!

The fact that Obama received this award for merely being the first black American president tells you all you need to know about the value of such an "award".

Banned
    Last Online
    06-05-2021 @ 05:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boolgar
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    I2a1a2b (I-L621)
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Paleo Atlantid (actually Dinarid + Westbaltid parents)
    Hero
    Database error
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,773
    Given: 1,799

0 Not allowed!

They were nominated, didn't mean they will get it. Why is everyone exploding in this thread

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    The Black Lives Matter movement has been nominated for the 2021 Nobel peace prize for the way its call for systemic change has spread around the world.

In his nomination papers, the Norwegian MP Petter Eide said the movement had forced countries outside the US to grapple with racism within their own societies.

“I find that one of the key challenges we have seen in America, but also in Europe and Asia, is the kind of increasing conflict based on inequality,” Eide said. “Black Lives Matter has become a very important worldwide movement to fight racial injustice.

“They have had a tremendous achievement in raising global awareness and consciousness about racial injustice.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-norweigan-mp
    It is totally pointless and daft. Chattell slavery based on race or skin color was replaced by psychiatric slavery based on non-existant metaphorical 'mental diseases' :

People who identify as being two or more races (24.9%) are most likely to report any mental illness within the past year than any other race/ethnic group, followed by American Indian/Alaska Natives (22.7%), white (19%), and black (16.8%).

https://www.amazon.com/Liberation-Op...1962144&sr=8-1

Think we've abolished slavery? Read this book and you'll think again.

The subtitle of this book is "A comparative study of slavery and psychiatry." On page 5 of the introduction, Szasz reintroduces the expression "psychiatric slavery," which he defines as "the social sanctioning of involuntary psychiatric 'diagnosis' and 'treatment' imposed on one person or group by another person or group" (page 16).

This expression is also the title of his 1977 book, whose last chapter was Chattel Slavery and Psychiatric Slavery. Liberation By Oppression is an expansion of that chapter.

Szasz's strategy is to compare "chattel" slavery (which we now believe to be cruel, inhuman and immoral) with psychiatry (which we still believe to be compassionate, humane and "scientific"), locate and scrutinize the fundamental similarities between these two institutions, and then offer a challenge to our beliefs about the morality of psychiatry as currently and historically practiced and justified. (This is a strategy Szasz also employed in The Manufacture Of Madness: A comparative study of the Inquisition and the Mental Health Movement.)

I found the strategy effective, the arguments convincing, and the conclusion (abolition of psychiatric slavery) inescapable. Others may not, as Szasz acknowledges on page 119: "...an idea whose time has NOT come is easily dismissed. Abolishing psychiatric slavery is such an idea." The experience of reading this book, then, may be a close approximation to having read an American abolitionist tract well before the idea became widely accepted: to be at once personally exhilarated but also publicly dismissed, possibly even vilified. It can also feel like arriving at the party about 100 years too early.

What I liked about this book: It got me thinking.

It got me thinking about the institution of psychiatry in a totally different way than I have been accustomed to; thinking about the way we use language to glamorize what are, in fact, ugly acts; thinking about how different those acts can look in hindsight from how they are perceived while we are allowing them to be committed.

What else I liked about this book: The way Szasz weaves in obscure tidbits from history, culture, politics, philosophy, law, religion, current events, and also memorable quotes from great thinkers and classic literature. The word "erudite" comes to mind. Very clear, precise, easily understood, and above all, skillful writing. A pleasure to just read. To that list, I should also add "passionate." Szasz seems like a guy who really cares about truth, justice, freedom and human dignity, as (I hope) the following examples might show:

from Jim Crow Psychiatry I, page 89:
    "At the 1980 annual meeting of the American Academy of Psychiatry and Law, two psychiatrists from Washington, D.C.'s Saint Elizabeth Hospital declared their 'commitment to freedom': 'We would submit that commitment can be justified on the grounds of enhancing the individual's future freedom.'" Comments Szasz: "These psychiatrists...are unconcerned about the contradiction inherent in depriving a person of liberty in order to liberate him."

from Jim Crow Psychiatry II, pp 119-120:
    "The hands of the psychiatrist, unlike the hands of the regular physician, are soaked in the blood of coercion. Hence, he cannot acknowledge that his doctrines and doings are insults to his victims, who experience the very existence of their oppressors as an act of delegitimization and existential violence against them. If the psychiatrist would acknowledge this, he could no longer sleep soundly at night."

"The psychiatrist's hypocrisy, like the hypocrisy of the slave owner before him, is plain to all who use their eyes for seeing and their minds for thinking."

"I hold psychiatrists responsible for their crimes against humanity, their willful ignorance fueled by their bad faith."

The euphemisms of the psychiatric slaveholders make ignoring their crimes easier. Szasz makes it impossible...from page 157:

"In short, therapeutic jurisprudence is the name of a system of legal apologetics for justifying psychiatric slavery in particular, and the therapeutic state in general."

Readers looking for more specific accusations won't be disappointed. Szasz names the current advocates of psychiatric slavery and quotes them directly. For example, from the chapter entitled Glorifying Psychiatric Slavery: Therapeutic Jurisprudence, page 159,

"The glorification of chattel slavery on the eve of the civil war was no doubt useful for blinding the slaveholders to the brutalities of slavery. But it inflamed the abolitionists. The glorification of psychiatric slavery today has had a similar effect on me. I end this chapter with a brief review of the theory and practice of psychiatric brutalities, as described by their proud practitioners."

from the Epilogue:

"The longer I live, the more deeply impressed I am by the repetitive character of certain patterns of behavior, both individual and collective. Perhaps nowhere is this more apparent than in the forcible subjection of man by man in the name of benevolence and liberation, in short, coercive paternalism. Masters, aristocrats, priests, politicians, physicians at the top; slaves, serfs, women, sick persons, mental patients at the bottom."

In addition to mini-biographies of three famous "mental patients" (Vincent van Gogh, Dr. William Chester Minor, and Robert Walser), I found the book's two appendices, entitled, respectively, The Power of False Truths: The Maternity Hospital and the Mental Hospital, and Victims of Psychiatric Slavery: A Sampler, at once fascinating and disturbing. The Selected Bibliography at the end of the book is nine pages long and a fascinating read all by itself.

I was going to title this review "Unconventional Wisdom." Performing a search of that expression led me to this quote by Albert Einstein:

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."

...which aptly describes, I think, both the author and what he has accomplished in Liberation By Oppression.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 05:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,027
    Given: 5,557

1 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

And then we have to suffer idiots when they claim Jews are smarter because they have a lot of these stupid, politized at maximum level, nonsensical and laughable prizes...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information