Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there violent verses in the Quran? Who is ISIS?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,293
    Given: 1,200

0 Not allowed!

Anti islamic /islamphobes and Isis have many things in common with the way they see Islam .

Last Online
    08-14-2023 @ 06:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkmen/Tatar
    Ancestry
    Western Taurus Mountains / Iris Delta
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turanid/Alpinid/Med
    Politics
    National Liberalism
    Hero
    Tong Yabgu
    Religion
    Atheist
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 148

0 Not allowed!

Like what?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,564
    Given: 451

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eqilra View Post
    It means that there are no violent texts in the Quran, so why are Europeans there? Specifically, it is about a friend who told me that ISIS justifies its crimes with Koranic verses. I can't wait to read the whole Quran to find out if it's true, but I know I won't read it if it's true, and I know I'll practice it if it's not true because it's bad, because it's good.
    So before I start reading, what is the phase with ISIS verses?
    I don't know which verses ISIS use to justify them, but the link I posted references two passages that were quoted by bin Laden:

Think not of those who are killed in the Way of Allah as dead. Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision. They rejoice in what Allah has bestowed upon them of His Bounty, rejoicing for the sake of those who have not yet joined them, but are left behind (not yet martyred) that on them no fear shall come, nor shall they grieve. They rejoice in a Grace and a Bounty from Allah, and that Allah will not waste the reward of the believers. 3:169-171

And what loss have they if they had believed in Allah and in the Last Day, and they spend out of what Allah has given them for sustenance? And Allah is Ever All-Knower of them. 4:39

ISIS had a leaflet somewhere with references, but I do not know the actual leaflet:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN12W4KR

Another article states that ISIS quotes these verses:

Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allah, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. 9:29

O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliya’ (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), they are but Auliya’ to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliya’, then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers and unjust). 5:51

And indeed you knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath (i.e. Saturday). We said to them: “Be you monkeys, despised and rejected.” So We made this punishment an example to their own and to succeeding generations and a lesson to those who are Al-Muttaqun (the pious – see V.2:2). 2:65-66

And the Jews say: ‘Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: Messiah is the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouths. They imitate the saying of the disbelievers of old. Allah’s Curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth! 9:30

Banned
    Last Online
    02-09-2021 @ 08:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 99

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    I don't know which verses ISIS use to justify them, but the link I posted references two passages that were quoted by bin Laden:

Think not of those who are killed in the Way of Allah as dead. Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision. They rejoice in what Allah has bestowed upon them of His Bounty, rejoicing for the sake of those who have not yet joined them, but are left behind (not yet martyred) that on them no fear shall come, nor shall they grieve. They rejoice in a Grace and a Bounty from Allah, and that Allah will not waste the reward of the believers. 3:169-171

And what loss have they if they had believed in Allah and in the Last Day, and they spend out of what Allah has given them for sustenance? And Allah is Ever All-Knower of them. 4:39

ISIS had a leaflet somewhere with references, but I do not know the actual leaflet:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN12W4KR

Another article states that ISIS quotes these verses:

Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allah, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. 9:29

O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliya’ (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), they are but Auliya’ to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliya’, then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers and unjust). 5:51

And indeed you knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath (i.e. Saturday). We said to them: “Be you monkeys, despised and rejected.” So We made this punishment an example to their own and to succeeding generations and a lesson to those who are Al-Muttaqun (the pious – see V.2:2). 2:65-66

And the Jews say: ‘Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: Messiah is the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouths. They imitate the saying of the disbelievers of old. Allah’s Curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth! 9:30
    Thanks for the info. You are Muslim? Do you recommend Islam? Can I start reading the Quran without being disappointed?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,764
    Given: 16,846

0 Not allowed!

Even if Islam is violent, expansionist and reactionary.

Since when these are negative traits?

Islam will skullfuck the liberal west, I cheer for them.
    If its either Chinese or Sharia domination, call me Abu Teuton Al Almani.

We were the most humiliated people on earth and God gave us honour through Islam. If we ever seek honour through anything else, God will humiliate us again.
    Umar ibn Al-Khattab

Last Online
    02-15-2022 @ 09:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Troll
    Ethnicity
    Troll to
    Country
    Kosovo
    Region
    Dardania
    Taxonomy