Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

1 Not allowed!

What do Buddhists think about the origin of life?
    What do Buddhists think is happening at the end of life?
    Buddhism considers the idea of origin of things as meaningless, a form of vanity of all things, which are a vanity themselves. The treatment of the idea of vanity is of central spirit of Buddhism. About the end of life and after life there are many versions, but all agree that there is an afterlife to face consequence of deeds in forms of punitive reincarnation or demonization. There is a unique tibetan narrative of afterlife "The Tibetan Book of Dead" you can check out, it was said to have been written by a nepalese buddhist monk Padmasambhava who was said to have been predicted by Shyakamuni himself to preach the truth about afterlife.

Buddha Shakyamuni also said Padmasambhava would be an emanation of Buddha Amitabha and Avalokitésvara and referred to him as the embodiment of all the buddhas of the three times. Many prophecies indicate that Guru Rinpoche would be a fully enlightened buddha, appearing in this world to help sentient beings.
    The concept of God is very evasive in Buddhism, I can not say that Buddhism is either atheistic or theistic, rather a form of enlightenment like science but not based on the dialectical evidences. However, I must say, as far as I am concerned about Buddhism, the truth of Buddhism is the wisdom of being a human being(muni), which is compassionate, wise, encompassing in a way to consider all lives as brethrens. But there is a danger when comes to the western romanticism of self-deification through buddhist humanist ideal: to become a demigod. This will be a grave mistake, Buddhism does not treat any way of ascension in western sense, it deals with how to be a good human being only(alive and dead) with a mission of extricating oneself from the endless loop of karma(cause and effects/consequence world)--Nirvana, if you do not believe me then I am out of this, go your way.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

0 Not allowed!

No, Buddhism does not believe in God, but one might talk about it in terms of Totality.

If one considers or understands all existence (manifested form reality), the energy behind it and the formless (the unmanifest, the unborn) as “God”, I don’t think Buddhists would have a problem with that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information