Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Why has Ireland always been a tremendous failure on the world stage?

Last Online
    05-14-2022 @ 03:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic & Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Russian
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 104

3 Not allowed!

Default Why has Ireland always been a tremendous failure on the world stage?

Bros, I'm looking at a map of Europe as we speak and I just can't figure out why Ireland, a homogenous nation safe from land invasions has made absolutely little to no impact on world history. No great inventions, no empires, always the colonized rather than the colonizers. Nearly all comprehensive IQ tests give them the lowest average IQ in Northwestern Europe, and one of the lowest IQs in Europe in general. The "Celtic Tiger" is the result of British/EU investment, and even today wealth is being squandered and we can only guess when Ireland will revert to the desolate wasteland it is always destined to be. Remember, if you confiscate an Irishman's potatoes, you might as well be committing genocide.

It wouldn't be so perplexing if Scotland, which is separated by a tiny body of water and considered to be a "culturally kindred" nation has managed to completely eclipse its Celtic brother in pretty much every way. Though they haven't had an empire of their very own, Scots and their diaspora have made tremendous impacts on the world that is totally out of proportion to their general population. Scotland also shared a land border with mighty, "oppressive" England unlike Ireland but has still managed to score impressive victories for their people in all aspects of human endeavor. Meanwhile, Ireland has a huge diaspora but everywhere they went they were considered universally undesirable (unless they were getting shipped off to Australia to do work in a prison camp, so the regrettably criminal but more intellectually sturdy Britons could have a break). Paradoxically, Irish and their diaspora are some of the most obnoxiously patriotic and proud people, despite literally having nothing to warrant those feelings; in fact it should be the opposite.

-----

Ok, aside from the harsh jests, I srsly want to know what accounts for this meager output of excellence within Ireland compared to other Europeans, especially neighboring ones. I do like Ireland and it's landscape/culture, but I know nothing about Irish history, so I would honestly like to understand the reason. Is it the hajnal line? I don't think so because Austria is also outside the hajnal line but for a long time was more prestigious than it's northern German brothers and boasts brilliant individuals. And no, I don't want to hear about some "famous" Irish "poet" or "inventor" that some Irish diaspora spouts about to cope with the seethe. I don't care to read an essay or book by some butthurt Irish-Murican about how Irish monks "saved" civilization. I want a tangible discussion with good points that could account for these sad shortcomings from the green island.

Last Online
    08-14-2023 @ 06:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkmen/Tatar
    Ancestry
    Western Taurus Mountains / Iris Delta
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turanid/Alpinid/Med
    Politics
    National Liberalism
    Hero
    Tong Yabgu
    Religion
    Atheist
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 148

0 Not allowed!

Just read first paragraph sorry but Sri Lankans and Aborgines had the same conditions, and they are miserable a.f. as u can see. Expansionism is cultural and racial.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,720
    Given: 43,625

7 Not allowed!

Garbage thread.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,096
    Given: 24,273

10 Not allowed!

Ireland is a small and politically irrelevant country in the world. But it punches well above it's weight in literature, physics, chemistry etc. just like Scandinavia. Modern day classical and quantum mechanics is because of the Hamiltonian formalism made by an Irishman. Stoke's theorem was made by an Irishman. Boolean Logic, the maths for how the first computers were justified and derived, was made by an Irishman. The world’s first guided missile was invented in the 1870's by an ingenious Irishman, Louis Brennan. Brennan also invented what is probably the first tilting train and an early type of helicopter.

Yeats, Wilde, and James Joyce among others are some of the most celebrated authors of the 20th century.

Even Hitler was relatively pro-Irish from all the Nazi writings I can find. They once wrote a little thing about the Welsh being inferior and I don’t know if that applies to the Irish. But Irish and Germans were allies in that time. And Hitler copied the race theory from Madison Grant who was pro-Irish. And they were about 1/3 of the soldiers and sailors in the British Empire and settled in different parts of it.

Suffice to say Irish are Gaelic Catholic and have a more rural culture with only one class (that all came from peasantry).

Anyway, what's up with these Irish hate threads?

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...o-be-so-stupid
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...s-if-you-dare-!
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...-weren-t-White
    Last edited by sean; 02-09-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic & Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Russian
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Ireland is a small and politically irrelevant country in the world. But it punches well above it's weight in literature, physics, chemistry etc. just like Scandinavia. Modern day classical and quantum mechanics is because of the Hamiltonian formalism made by an Irishman. Stoke's theorem was made by an Irishman. Boolean Logic, the maths for how the first computers were justified and derived, was made hy an Irishman. The world’s first guided missile was invented in the 1870's by an ingenious Irish man, Louis Brennan. Brennan also invented what is probably the first tilting train and an early type of helicopter.

Yeats, Wilde, and James Joyce among others are some of the most celebrated authors of the 20th century.

Even Hitler was relatively pro-Irish from all the Nazi writings I can find. They once wrote a little thing about the Welsh being inferior and I don’t know if that applies to the Irish. But Irish and Germans were allies in that time. And Hitler copied the race theory from Madison Grant who was pro-Irish. And they were about 1/3 of the soliders and sailors in the British Empire and settled in different parts of it.

Suffice to say Irish are Gaelic Catholic and have a more rural culture with only one class (that all came from peasantry). Although, the world is better off without Popery.

Anyway, what's up with these Irish hate threads?

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...o-be-so-stupid
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...-weren-t-White
    Weird, I thought you were 100% Indian, but you must be part Irish too because you did exactly what I said a seething Irish diaspora would do by naming some irrelevant figures that were just one of many in the development of the aforementioned sciences you listed. None of the people you listed as the first of their kind can actually be considered just that.

You then took the autism one step further by listing viewpoints from Hitler and Madison Grant as if that somehow vindicates the Irish of their historical shortcomings. That might be the saddest thing I’ve ever seen. Please keep that kind of stuff out of my thread, I’m sure the Irish don’t appreciate it anymore than I do.

EDIT: Also had to check because I took some computer science classes in the past and I was pretty sure Boole was not an Irishman. To my discredit I thought he was American at first, but in fact he was an Englishman. Please verify your facts before posting so disinformation isn't circulated. I want this thread to be as educational as possible. Also saying Ireland is anywhere near comparable to Scandinavian countries (save for Iceland and maybe Norway) in terms of achievement is major lol.
    Last edited by TeutonicBoyars; 02-09-2021 at 12:45 AM.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,853
    Given: 6,536

2 Not allowed!

It's a small country on the periphery of Europe, that was under the yoke of England/Britain since the 12th century, and whose native people were oppressed and excluded by the Protestant ascendancy since the 16th century. Unlike the majority of 'great nations' that have a history of independence. Gaining independence itself was an achievement, most nations with a similar history are just considered regions now, like Brittany or Basques. Culturally, Irish people have had a lot of influence on the English speaking world, I don't need to elaborate on that.

And when you bring up Scotland, remember that Scotland was essentially an Irish kingdom, founded by Gaels from Ulster. Scotland is a product of Ireland.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic & Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Russian
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I am not Indian. And no, they were not irrelevant.

Well, you brought up IQ, that's cringe. People keep saying Ireland has a low IQ from the Lynn study from the 1970’s. But methods of his study were unreliable, also Ireland was much poor. Ireland is wealthier now and better educated and modern Irish IQ tests average 97-98.

Aside from this thread being obviously off-topic, it's also the worst troll post I've read in a while lel.
    Right, sorry Fractal. What do your people actually call themselves? Punjabi?

I don't think IQ tests are cringe since they are arguably an objective way of measuring intelligence (but measuring someone's skull to get an idea of their "human character" certainly is cringe). The "unreliability" of a certain test just because you don't like the results also makes you sound like a Marxist. All of Lynn's tests have followed a trend in all revisions, maybe increasing/decreasing without (much) statistical significance. Additionally, I was referring to Buj's tests too, which also show Ireland, while still scoring high by world standards, trails significantly behind all other European nations and has one of the lowest in all the surveyed countries. We're comparing Ireland to the rest of Europe here, so that's what matters to me.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic & Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Russian
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    It's a small country on the periphery of Europe, that was under the yoke of England/Britain since the 12th century, and whose native people were oppressed and excluded by the Protestant ascendancy since the 16th century. Unlike the majority of 'great nations' that have a history of independence. Gaining independence itself was an achievement, most nations with a similar history are just considered regions now, like Brittany or Basques. Culturally, Irish people have had a lot of influence on the English speaking world, I don't need to elaborate on that.

And when you bring up Scotland, remember that Scotland was essentially an Irish kingdom, founded by Gaels from Ulster. Scotland is a product of Ireland.
    I get that, but Scotland and pretty much all of Scandinavia were certainly in peripheral Europe, (if we understand as core Europe being, at different times, the Italian Peninsula, the Frankish Realm, etc) too, but they have far surpassed Ireland. The Protestant/Catholic divide and the unique British incarnation of it is worth considering I guess, but honestly, there has to be more to it than that. What lead them to being oppressed in the first place?

I'm afraid I don't know too much about the Irish influence on the English speaking world (influence is kind of an elusive word here) other than maybe some people in the late 20th century were always a little worried to hear an Irish accent in a London or Boston subway because they feared an impending IRA bomb might follow them.

I appreciate you bringing up the Irish influence on the Scottish kingdom, but honestly it doesn't say much. Numerous territories have started out as being founded by another people (like Dublin and the Norse) but the state apparatus was continued by the native population. I wouldn't consider Dublin a Norwegian city and I wouldn't consider Scotland an Irish state.

Anyway, I appreciate the insight.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic & Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Russian
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I am not Fractal. Stopped reading after this. Anyway, I remember your adult diaper thread. You are obviously a troll.

You remind me of the furry scat fetishist who ate the contents of a dozen adult diapers and died lel.
    Yeah, that was a good thread. In fact, it was widely considered to be the Greatest TA Thread of All Time™.

But wouldn't you agree shitting in a diaper is better than shitting in the street like the countrymen you left behind, Fractal?

Also just because I trolled before doesn't mean I'm trolling now, but I understand "you must be a troll" is always a way for buttmad seethers to cope with feefees getting hurt on the intertubes, so please continue - if you're that upset I'll bring you one of my spare diapers you can piss your pants in if you want.

Last Online
    05-27-2023 @ 02:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Ireland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,802
    Given: 5,812

1 Not allowed!

Who says they are not influential? A lot of Irish pubs around.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information