Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Why has Ireland always been a tremendous failure on the world stage?

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TeutonicBoyars View Post
    Yeah, that was a good thread. In fact, it was widely considered to be the Greatest TA Thread of All Time™.

But wouldn't you agree shitting in a diaper is better than shitting in the street like the countrymen you left behind, Fractal?

Also just because I trolled before doesn't mean I'm trolling now, but I understand "you must be a troll" is always a way for buttmad seethers to cope with feefees getting hurt on the intertubes, so please continue - if you're that upset I'll bring you one of my spare diapers you can piss your pants in if you want.
    He is not Fractal and you sound retarded while repeating that. Rather worry how Denmark produced less influential people known to average person than Ireland did.
    I can think of Hans Christian Andersen and LEGO, and nothing else. Clean your garden before opening stupid topics.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Bros, I'm looking at a map of Europe as we speak and I just can't figure out why Ireland, a homogenous nation safe from land invasions has made absolutely little to no impact on world history. No great inventions, no empires, always the colonized rather than the colonizers. Nearly all comprehensive IQ tests give them the lowest average IQ in Northwestern Europe, and one of the lowest IQs in Europe in general. The "Celtic Tiger" is the result of British/EU investment, and even today wealth is being squandered and we can only guess when Ireland will revert to the desolate wasteland it is always destined to be. Remember, if you confiscate an Irishman's potatoes, you might as well be committing genocide.
    The Irish are an inferior Celtic race. The Scots are not really 'Celtic' they are Celto-Germanic or even simply Germanic in the lowlands. The reason why you don't hear so much about 'Irish inferiority' nowadays is because the WASPs changed their focus from the 'Irish' onto the other nations of immigrants to America i.e. Southern Europeans and Slavics. The 'irish' are more assimilable e.g. you can mix an Irishman with a German woman and then mix the resulting offspring with an English person and get a kind of generic somewhat-offish middle English type.

BTW, this is not about me but since I have an Irish hiberno-norman name , which I hate, I feel the need to share my following DNA results :

Davidski's G25 closest modern populations :

Distance to: Kevin_scaled
    0.02865262 West_and_Central_Europe: Dutch
    0.02966312 Scandanavian:Norwegian
    0.03097093 British_Isles:Welsh

0.03128912 British_Isles:Irish
    0.03153596 British_Isles:Scottish
    0.03173767 British_Isles:English
    0.03424261 British_Isles:English_Cornwall
    0.03738947 West_and_Central_Europe:German
    0.03825792 Scandanavian:Swedish
    0.03928185 West_and_Central_Europe:Belgian
    0.04385265 West_and_Central_Europe:French_Nord
    0.04392491 West_and_Central_Europe:French_Paris
    0.04724802 West_and_Central_Europe:French_Alsace
    0.04744540 West_and_Central_Europe:Austrian
    0.04923277 West_and_Central_Europe:Swiss_German

Eurogenes K15 :

Distance : 2.10

81.60% England
    07.20% Dutch
    07.00% Norway
    01.40% Chuvash

Least-squares method.

Using 1 populations approximation
    1 100% England @ 2.921
    2 100% Dutch @ 3.148
    3 100% Scotland @ 4.029
    4 100% Southwest_English @ 4.219
    5 100% Southeast_English @ 4.350
    6 100% North_Dutch @ 4.705

7 100% West_Scottish @ 5.159
    8 100% Irish @ 5.164
    9 100% Orcadian @ 5.529
    10 100% North_German @ 6.022

My Y-DNA is Scottish/Irish or at least Welsh, btw. Some people in real life say I actually look Scottish but no one has ever said I look Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by TeutonicBoyars
    It wouldn't be so perplexing if Scotland wouldn't be so perplexing if Scotland, which is separated by a tiny body of water and considered to be a "culturally kindred" nation has managed to completely eclipse its Celtic brother in pretty much every way. Though they haven't had an empire of their very own, Scots and their diaspora have made tremendous impacts on the world that is totally out of proportion to their general population. Scotland also shared a land border with mighty, "oppressive" England unlike Ireland but has still managed to score impressive victories for their people in all aspects of human endeavor. Meanwhile, Ireland has a huge diaspora but everywhere they went they were considered universally undesirable (unless they were getting shipped off to Australia to do work in a prison camp, so the regrettably criminal but more intellectually sturdy Britons could have a break). Paradoxically, Irish and their diaspora are some of the most obnoxiously patriotic and proud people, despite literally having nothing to warrant those feelings; in fact it should be the opposite.
    People are 100 times more eager to identify as 'Irish' nowadays than Scottish especially Americans :

A most important obstacle in civilised countries to an increase in the number of men of a superior class has been strongly insisted on by Mr. Greg and Mr. Galton (19. 'Fraser's Magazine,' Sept. 1868, p. 353. 'Macmillan's Magazine,' Aug. 1865, p. 318. The Rev. F.W. Farrar ('Fraser's Magazine,' Aug. 1870, p. 264) takes a different view.), namely, the fact that the very poor and reckless, who are often degraded by vice, almost invariably marry early, whilst the careful and frugal, who are generally otherwise virtuous, marry late in life, so that they may be able to support themselves and their children in comfort. Those who marry early produce within a given period not only a greater number of generations, but, as shewn by Dr. Duncan (20. 'On the Laws of the Fertility of Women,' in 'Transactions of the Royal Society,' Edinburgh, vol. xxiv. p. 287; now published separately under the title of 'Fecundity, Fertility, and Sterility,' 1871. See, also, Mr. Galton, 'Hereditary Genius,' pp. 352-357, for observations to the above effect.), they produce many more children. The children, moreover, that are borne by mothers during the prime of life are heavier and larger, and therefore probably more vigorous, than those born at other periods. Thus the reckless, degraded, and often vicious members of society, tend to increase at a quicker rate than the provident and generally virtuous members. Or as Mr. Greg puts the case: "The careless, squalid, unaspiring Irishman multiplies like rabbits: the frugal, foreseeing, self-respecting, ambitious Scot, stern in his morality, spiritual in his faith, sagacious and disciplined in his intelligence, passes his best years in struggle and in celibacy, marries late, and leaves few behind him. Given a land originally peopled by a thousand Saxons and a thousand Celts—and in a dozen generations five-sixths of the population would be Celts, but five-sixths of the property, of the power, of the intellect, would belong to the one-sixth of Saxons that remained. In the eternal 'struggle for existence,' it would be the inferior and LESS favoured race that had prevailed—and prevailed by virtue not of its good qualities but of its faults."--- Charles Darwin

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2300/2300-h/2300-h.htm

Who formed the first literate society? Who invented our modern ideas of democracy and free market capitalism? The Scots. As historian and author Arthur Herman reveals, in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries Scotland made crucial contributions to science, philosophy, literature, education, medicine, commerce, and politics—contributions that have formed and nurtured the modern West ever since.

Herman has charted a fascinating journey across the centuries of Scottish history. Here is the untold story of how John Knox and the Church of Scotland laid the foundation for our modern idea of democracy; how the Scottish Enlightenment helped to inspire both the American Revolution and the U.S. Constitution; and how thousands of Scottish immigrants left their homes to create the American frontier, the Australian outback, and the British Empire in India and Hong Kong.

How the Scots Invented the Modern World reveals how Scottish genius for creating the basic ideas and institutions of modern life stamped the lives of a series of remarkable historical figures, from James Watt and Adam Smith to Andrew Carnegie and Arthur Conan Doyle, and how Scottish heroes continue to inspire our contemporary culture, from William “Braveheart” Wallace to James Bond.

And no one who takes this incredible historical trek will ever view the Scots—or the modern West—in the same way again.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Scots-Inv...2836767&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by TeutonicBoyars
    Ok, aside from the harsh jests, I srsly want to know what accounts for this meager output of excellence within Ireland compared to other Europeans, especially neighboring ones. I do like Ireland and it's landscape/culture, but I know nothing about Irish history, so I would honestly like to understand the reason. Is it the hajnal line? I don't think so because Austria is also outside the hajnal line but for a long time was more prestigious than it's northern German brothers and boasts brilliant individuals. And no, I don't want to hear about some "famous" Irish "poet" or "inventor" that some Irish diaspora spouts about to cope with the seethe. I don't care to read an essay or book by some butthurt Irish-Murican about how Irish monks "saved" civilization. I want a tangible discussion with good points that could account for these sad shortcomings from the green island.
    Watch out many people who claim to be Irish and seem to be no low-IQ are actually not Irish at all but American and Australian. Some of the Americans half Irish and half German so on and so forth etc...
    Last edited by JamesBond007; 02-09-2021 at 02:11 AM.

Last Online
    05-14-2022 @ 03:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic & Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Russian
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 104

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    He is not Fractal and you sound retarded while repeating that. Rather worry how Denmark produced less influential people known to average person than Ireland did.
    I can think of Hans Christian Andersen and LEGO, and nothing else. Clean your garden before opening stupid topics.
    https://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Den_danske_guldalder

https://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danske_besiddelser

https://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nords%C3%B8imperiet

https://imgur.com/a/wRkYBqP

Does Stears know you have another boyfriend from TA?

Also, is bragging that about "not knowing" any Danish achievement besides LEGO really a good way to insult? It just makes you look uneducated.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Average European hardly knows about it. We aren't talking things of local/regional importance, but things known world-wide to average Joe.
    Unlike Ireland, Denmark was far more powerful nation that even ruled parts of other nations like Sweden. So what is the excuse?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic & Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Russian
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Thanks man - I totally had you in mind when I made this thread.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic & Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Russian
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Average European hardly knows about it. We aren't talking things of local/regional importance, but things known world-wide to average Joe.
    Unlike Ireland, Denmark was far more powerful nation that even ruled parts of other nations like Sweden. So what is the excuse?
    Yes, that's exactly the point of this thread. WHY was Ireland singled out for irrelevancy when other nations in the vicinity were not? All of northern Europe has some degree of a glorious past except Ireland which sticks out like a sore thumb. The aim of this thread is to get to the bottom of it. It blows my mind that on this forum it's okay to scrutinize why places like Vietnam, Latin America, etc have been stagnate, but not talk about the Irish. I guess because there's just too much Irish diaspora with inferiority complexes on this forum that the problems, perhaps with Irish culture, history, etc. cannot be discussed without blasting some asses.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yes, that's exactly the point of this thread. WHY was Ireland singled out for irrelevancy when other nations in the vicinity were not? All of northern Europe has some degree of a glorious past except Ireland which sticks out like a sore thumb. The aim of this thread is to get to the bottom of it. It blows my mind that on this forum it's okay to scrutinize why places like Vietnam, Latin America, etc have been stagnate, but not talk about the Irish. I guess because there's just too much Irish diaspora with inferiority complexes on this forum that the problems, perhaps with Irish culture, history, etc. cannot be discussed without blasting some asses.
    One reason was already mentioned - Ireland is at literal periphery of Europe, dwarfed by much bigger and more influential England.
    However Irish people did pretty good when they good the opportunity to flourish, didn't they?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic & Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Russian
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

One reason was already mentioned - Ireland is at literal periphery of Europe, dwarfed by much bigger and more influential England.
    However Irish people did pretty good when they good the opportunity to flourish, didn't they?
    Yes, and I already mentioned that Scandinavia too, is at this periphery of Europe. Denmark is neighbors with the goliath Germany which it has had its share of conflicts with, some won some lost. and had to contend with the Swedish Empire right next door who possessed the most savage and rapacious army in the early modern era. Unlike Ireland, however, Denmark always endured, and largely on its own merits.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes, and I already mentioned that Scandinavia too, is at this periphery of Europe. Denmark is neighbors with the goliath Germany which it has had its share of conflicts with, some won some lost. and had to contend with the Swedish Empire right next door who possessed the most savage and rapacious army in the early modern era. Unlike Ireland, however, Denmark always endured, and largely on its own merits.
    Sure, Denmark has far more impressive statehood when it comes to history. But if you will compare general cultural impact, I'd give advantage to Irish.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic & Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Russian
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Sure, Denmark has far more impressive statehood when it comes to history. But if you will compare general cultural impact, I'd give advantage to Irish.
    Well then, that's your own opinion and really has no standing on this thread. Also, I'm not sure what platform of culture you're talking about. Everyone knows about the vikings (which I don't even advocate for btw, I think vikings are a stain on Scandinavian history) but you mention the Gaels and you likely won't get any response other than from people who live in anime sheds. Irish will naturally be more present in Anglosphere media culture because they are historically slaves speaking the language of their master. There are no major movies or other media made in the Irish-Gaelic because it's a worthless language that died when its people were thoroughly conquered, meanwhile there is a constant stream of high quality Danish films (unlike the vikings, I am proud of Danish cinema) Whether the circumstance of Irish presence in culture warrants any admiration is entirely subjective to the individual.

Thank you for participating.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information