Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Immigration discrimination based on country of origin/race is NOT immoral

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    What about atheists/agnostics?
    Good question I'd have to say no only because it would allow certain groups to sneak under the radar. Atheists might be allowed but they have to swear to being 'culturally protestant' or something ,maybe, I dunno, I have not thought this through , yet.
    Last edited by JamesBond007; 02-13-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,078
    Given: 911

0 Not allowed!

I don’t agree. What would you in a case of Iranian atheist? Would you disallow him-her to migrate to a Western and a secular country just because he-she is of non-Western origin? Do you think he-she should give up his-her beliefs just because of his-her origin? If your answer is yes, then let us end the discussion and do not reply each other anymore.

By the way, being and atheist in Iran is forbidden by law, as far as I know.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aruncaz View Post
    I don’t agree. What would you in a case of Iranian atheist? Would you disallow him-her to migrate to a Western and a secular country just because he-she is of non-Western origin? Do you think he-she should give up his-her beliefs just because of his-her origin? If your answer is yes, then let us end the discussion and do not reply each other anymore.

Sorry, I think I'll take a cue from Israel and make a Protestant cultural holy land. For instance, in England it is impossible for a Catholic to be King or Queen. You have to understand humans are pitiable and not advanced enough for me to sanction things otherwise. Unless you want to exterminate everyone under about 130 IQ or so ,which I can't endorse, you have to accept the reality of how the average human functions in the geopolitical north. I'd have to say no to the Iranian atheist.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Sorry, I think I'll take a cue from Israel and make a Protestant cultural holy land. For instance, in England it is impossible for a Catholic to be King or Queen. You have to understand humans are pitiable and not advanced enough for me to sanction things otherwise. Unless you want to exterminate everyone under about 130 IQ or so ,which I can't endorse, you have to accept the reality of how the average human functions in the geopolitical north. I'd have to say no to the Iranian atheist.
    You always have the right to not get in communication with an Iranian atheist. Nobody would force you to become his-her friend. You can simply avoid getting involved with him-her.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,622
    Given: 21,626

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    In Spain the only mainly protestan group are gypsies.

We can send you all if you like Protestants so much.

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

1 Not allowed!

This is precisely what I'm talking about. You come with an attitude that denying someone immigration right is inherently immoral. It isn't. There's no such thing as a right to immigrate. Immigration isn't a human right. I can be friends with an Iranian atheist when I visit his country, but that does not mean I would allow millions of people like him into my country.

And I am not saying that banning everyone of certain race is a smart/practical way of doing it. A small number of people of different origin/culture can be even beneficial. It's just that the majority group should never be on a path of becoming a minority in their country.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This is precisely what I'm talking about. You come with an attitude that denying someone immigration right is inherently immoral. It isn't. There's no such thing as a right to immigrate. Immigration isn't a human right. I can be friends with an Iranian atheist when I visit his country, but that does not mean I would allow millions of people like him into my country.

And I am not saying that banning everyone of certain race is a smart/practical way of doing it. A small number of people of different origin/culture can be even beneficial. It's just that the majority group should never be on a path of becoming a minority in their country.
    I also think immigration is a privilege rather than being a right. However, if someone’s cultural values or religious beliefs are not consistent with the people pf his-her own ethnicity, this is a valid reason and enough reason to immigrate. Rather than a race-based society with cultural conflicts in it, I would prefer a society which has common cultural values but not based on race or racial purity.

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

1 Not allowed!

I also think immigration is a privilege rather than being a right. However, if someone’s cultural values or religious beliefs are not consistent with the people pf his-her own ethnicity, this is a valid reason and enough reason to immigrate. Rather than a race-based society with cultural conflicts in it, I would prefer a society which has common cultural values but not based on race or racial purity.
    The problem with that would be that millions of people across the world would claim to be outcasts and different from their cultures just to get in. Similarly how they claim they are persecuted now.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The problem with that would be that millions of people across the world would claim to be outcasts and different from their cultures just to get in. Similarly how they claim they are persecuted now.
    It is already not an easy task to migrate from a less-developed country to a more-developed one. Any person might be willing to have the passport of a country and it is not something to be shamed. As I said before to another member, a person does not have to be intimate with all of his-her compatriots.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-05-2021 @ 05:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boolgar
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    I2a1a2b (I-L621)
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Paleo Atlantid (actually Dinarid + Westbaltid parents)
    Hero
    Database error
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,773
    Given: 1,799

0 Not allowed!

What about atheists/agnostics?
    The best kind of immigrants you could want.

And some members are so butthurt over atheists they have said they prefer Muslims over us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information