Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,009
    Given: 12,239

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunai View Post
    Okay, after I watched the presentations focused on the latest archeogenetic research and results about Conquest Era Magyars these are the very brand new conclusions, which according to the scientists are still in preliminary phase, since the final results will be published in the coming months, but still they are close to being very precise:

Thus far both mtDNA and Y-DNA haplogroups have proven that Conquest Era Magyars were the closest from Ancient populations to to Eurasian Scythians, while from modern populations to Volga Tatars and Bashkirs. Well, we all know these two haplogroups only constitute ca. 1% of the entire genome of an individual, while the admixture results are clearly the ones which paint the full picture of somebody's origins. Well, according to preliminary results it seems that the admixture of Conquest Era Magyars also solidify previous results, that indeed, Eurasian Scythians and Western Huns were the closest people to them, while from modern populations still the same Bashkirs, Volga Tatars, Turkmen. They also shown that there was a difference between the elite of the Magyars who had this Eurasian Scythian component, while the regular population living in Hungary after the Conquest happened, had a more European type of characteristic, but still with ca. 10-15% Eurasian and Asian background. If these results are indeed true, then it becomes even more of a mystery how did these Magyars end up speaking Hungarian, while genetically they don't seem to be very close to Finno-Ugric populations. Were Conquest Era Magyars truly the population that brought with them the Hungarian language and spread it around the local people, or did they rather find this language already here, while they only conquered and organized them into a new state, but ended up adopting their Hungarian language?
    Baskhirs and Volga Tatars are autosomally quite similar to Volga Finnic groups (Mordvins/Eryza, Mari).

Last Online
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,009
    Given: 12,239

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    The conquerors were turkic in every way that's pretty clear and the hungarian language was already here before 9. century, there are many sign for that. I said many times obviously there was a ugro-slavic population in East Europe who migrated to the Carpathian Basin along with other slavs when the slavic migration waves happened between the 6-8. century and these population were the hungarian speakers. When the turkic speaker Árpáds moved here they created the hungarian state and they adopted the locals language and these locals were named after the magyar elite.
    That's not too far fetched, exactly that happened in Bulgaria's case.
    Foreigners probably don't know, but this is a relatively popular theory in Hungary (but it isn't accepted as mainstream).
    Last edited by Universe; 02-15-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Last Online
    07-31-2022 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    No idea
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    3/8 Hungarian 2/8 Bulgarian 2/8 Romanian 1/8 Croatian
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-(East)Baltid mix +(maybe)Uralid/Turanid admixture
    Politics
    I hate all of them
    Religion
    Freedom lmao
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,619
    Given: 3,546

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    I can't even read more than 3 sentence posts on TA, letalone watch 10 hour video XD ADHD stronk.
    I have to read every single word or sentence 2 times or more over bc if not my mind thinks something bad will happen lol.

When i watch videos i have rewind either 1 time alone, or 5 or 7 times to feel at ease lol

Yay ADD and OCD.

This is why I can't even read books.. Which I loved to do when I was younger and didn't have these dumb issues lol

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk
    Classify Me !

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...y-or-phenotype

Please vote here ---------------------------------------------------> https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...e-would-I-pass

Last Online
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,282
    Given: 9,862

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rethel View Post
    Then who they were and where did they come from?
    For example, (if I remember correctly) Blogen claimed, that it were Avars. Do you also think so?
    I said, around the 6. century there was a significant mixing between slavs and uralic peoples in present day Russia, just look the north russian genetic they have tons of uralic paternal ancestry and these mixed population were the ancestors of hungarian speakers, mostly slavic genetic with ugric language. They migrated to West for unknown reason around 6. century, maybe the turkic tribes pushed them to West. If we would cut the german influence/genetic among hungarians (what is result of medieval and later german migration), we will get such homogeneous slavic population like poles or ukrainians, this is fact.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    That's not too far fetched, that happened in Bulgaria's case.
    Foreigners probably don't know, but this is a relatively popular theory in Hungary (but it isn't accepted as mainstream).
    The hungarian historical science has always distinguished between the common folk and elite because they had totally different genetic. The question is who were the real hungarians the elite or the common folk?

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2022 @ 01:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ancestry
    Historic Hungary/Holy Roman Empire
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    R-M417 (8700 ybp)
    mtDNA
    H10-a T16093C (9000 ybp)
    Politics
    Green Left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,864
    Given: 444

0 Not allowed!

Baskhirs and Volga Tatars are autosomally quite similar to Volga Finnic groups (Mordvins/Eryza, Mari).
    Yes, this is true, also recent archeology finds show that before the Conquest the Magyars lived in large numbers in the Volga-Urals region and practiced a similar horseback nomadic lifestyle as their Eastern Turkic neighbors. Genetically according to newest finds they were also very similar to their Turkic neighbors, meaning a very Pontic-Caspian steppe characteristic. It could also very well be that these Early Magyars were the southernmost speakers of Finno-Ugric, culturally and genetically being similar to Turkic people, however linguistically still preserving their Uralic roots. At least this is the academically accepted theory, but these new archeogentic results seem to show an even stronger steppe Eurasian influence than a Uralic one.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunai View Post
    Yes, this is true, also recent archeology finds show that before the Conquest the Magyars lived in large numbers in the Volga-Urals region and practiced a similar horseback nomadic lifestyle as their Eastern Turkic neighbors. Genetically according to newest finds they were also very similar to their Turkic neighbors, meaning a very Pontic-Caspian steppe characteristic. It could also very well be that these Early Magyars were the southernmost speakers of Finno-Ugric, culturally and genetically being similar to Turkic people, however linguistically still preserving their Uralic roots. At least this is the academically accepted theory, but these new archeogentic results seem to show an even stronger steppe Eurasian influence then a Uralic one.
    Yes the genetic doesn't lie, the nomad magyars had turkic origin, so we must search the ancient hungarian speakers somewhere else.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Yes, both Bashkirs and Volga Tatars have significant Finno-Ugric genetic admixture.
    I don't believe in dual conquest theory at all, no evidence for that in historical sources and early Slavs lived nowhere close to Uralics.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Yes the genetic doesn't lie, the nomad magyars had turkic origin, so we must search the ancient hungarian speakers somewhere else.
    It doesn't lie indeed. It confirms what was previously believed, Magyars left Siberia and on their way to Hungary absorbed Iranian and Turkic admixture, but kept the language.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-21-2021 @ 08:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EurAsian
    Ethnicity
    Finno-Permic
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    N1c1a1a1a2a1 (Z1936)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 174

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    Yes, both Bashkirs and Volga Tatars have significant Finno-Ugric genetic admixture.
    I don't believe in dual conquest theory at all, no evidence for that in historical sources and early Slavs lived nowhere close to Uralics.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...XYE0MDBiTZzX6t

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information